House Price Crash Forum

Delivery Driver Killed By Teenage Thugs

pl1

Ah, I thought it was Edinburgh, but when I looked again it was talking about a "Dundee Street". I should have looked more carefully.

Anyway, for an Edinburgh hat-trick, Youths attack disabled boy with live carp at city garden.

Good god. In Cramond? Its hardly the wrong side of the tracks.

I may as well move back to Manchester at this rate, at least the houses are cheaper. I do miss going out on the balcony of my flat and hearing the sound of the police helicopter.....

Four charged over murder of takeaway delivery driver

Mr San, a Vietnamese national, died in hospital on Thursday

Four youths aged between 14 and 16 have been charged with the murder of a takeaway delivery driver in Edinburgh.

Simon San, 40, suffered severe head injuries on Wednesday night outside the takeaway where he worked in Lochend Road. He died the following day.

Two of the youths charged by police are aged 16, the others are 14 and 15. They will appear in court on Monday.

Earlier Mr San's family paid tribute to him, describing him as "a shy, hard-working and non-indulgent man".

They added: "He would often prioritise others over himself.

"He always believed in the passive way of life and never resorted to any sort of violence."

It is appalling - these were just kids behaving in an utterly vile way. A very sad loss.

I've tuned out to the news enough to not know about a 19 year old dying after his moped hit a lamppost until we walked past it the other day.

It's on footpaths - no road anywhere

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/45675/moped-death-crash-horror

Seven men have been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice and have been bailed.

Apparently they tried to hide the bike (presumably cos they wanted to keep it still)

I'm not shocked at all - you should try living outside of Edinburgh where I am! The whole of the UK has this problem - no discipline for the youth. Bring back the belt and let us adults not fear the kids anymore - it's ridiculous.

EDIT - my girlfriend was thinking about becoming a delivery driver. I'm going to warn her off it now...

Good god. In Cramond? Its hardly the wrong side of the tracks.

I may as well move back to Manchester at this rate, at least the houses are cheaper. I do miss going out on the balcony of my flat and hearing the sound of the police helicopter.....

Yes, we don't get Kirstie and Phil telling us about this stuff as we're watching yet another lovely couple stumping up £600,000 for a nice flat in the New Town.

Archived