House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Delivery Driver Killed By Teenage Thugs

I saw this on BBC news earlier, it happened yesterday. Delivery driver returning back to his restaurant, gang of bored youths push his parked van about and he gets out and they set on him & he ends up hitting his head on the pavement and dying. In the program the Pub Landlord predictably said it was "waiting to happen" with gangs of bored, feral youths roaming the streets looking for trouble. Police say have tried to "engage them". Some guy just trying to earn a living set upon by total idiots. We all know what's going to happen when they eventually get caught.

A murder investigation is under way following the death of a 40-year-old delivery driver in Edinburgh.

Simon San was assaulted by a group of youths in Lochend Avenue, outside the Yong Hua Garden takeaway where he worked.

Mr San, who was of Vietnamese origin, suffered severe head injuries and died after being taken to hospital.

Police believe the incident, which happened at 2200 BST on Wednesday, was unprovoked.

They said the attack appeared to have been carried out at random by three youths, aged about 16 or 17, who had been part of a larger group.

A police spokesman said Mr San got out of his Smart car before being assaulted by a male, which resulted in him falling and banging his head on the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-10950997

I'd have thought you'd become desensitised to such events. In Manchester this is a perfectly normal and frequent occurance.

A Pakistani taxi driver a few years ago was murdered for a £1.25 fare.

Why are you shocked? This is exactly what this countries breeding program has resulted in. Enjoy.

I know, I don't know what it was about this particular story over all the others. Maybe because it's got everything in it to make you angry and bloody despair at the same time.

They have access to free education, free health-care, free libraries, internet and they don't have to work to earn their food, clothes and roof over head... And they're still called 'disadvantaged'.

What else can the society offer them to make them 'advataged' and persuede them not to murder people for fun?

I saw this on BBC news earlier, it happened yesterday. Delivery driver returning back to his restaurant, gang of bored youths push his parked van about and he gets out and they set on him & he ends up hitting his head on the pavement and dying. In the program the Pub Landlord predictably said it was "waiting to happen" with gangs of bored, feral youths roaming the streets looking for trouble. Police say have tried to "engage them". Some guy just trying to earn a living set upon by total idiots. We all know what's going to happen when they eventually get caught.

I agree - it's utterly shocking. And good to hear somebody who isn't inured to this kind of act - it should be shocking in any civilized society. Awful for his family.

I know, I don't know what it was about this particular story over all the others. Maybe because it's got everything in it to make you angry and bloody despair at the same time.

There is no point getting angry unless you use that emotion to fuel action.

They have access to free education, free health-care, free libraries, internet and they don't have to work to earn their food, clothes and roof over head... And they're still called 'disadvantaged'.

What else can the society offer them to make them 'advataged' and persuede them not to murder people for fun?

Nothing.

The problem is the state and the sense of entitlement it has created. It is crimes like these that make me think their parents should be in the dock too, that is where the problem lies.

The area concerned isn't even considered to be particularly 'rough'. Poor man.

Guest Noodle

You are a poster here that talks real sense and cuts straight to it.

go and check for yourself...

google street view link

I don't need to, I live in Edinburgh. It would probably struggle to make a top 10 grimmest bits of Edinburgh behind such horrors as Niddrie, Craigmillar, Wester Hailes etc. Its not very affluent but is by no means a hell-hole.

I don't need to, I live in Edinburgh. It would probably struggle to make a top 10 grimmest bits of Edinburgh behind such horrors as Niddrie, Craigmillar, Wester Hailes etc. Its not very affluent but is by no means a hell-hole.

yeah, I know and I agree. Maybe not a hell-hole yet but it clearly looks like it's got potential to become one shortly.

yeah, I know and I agree. Maybe not a hell-hole yet but it clearly looks like it's got potential to become one shortly.

Quite. What a shame for the vast majority of decent folk who live there.

Quite. What a shame for the vast majority of decent folk who live there.

hence my original question. What else can the society do to stop the punks taking control?

hence my original question. What else can the society do to stop the punks taking control?

Too late. Any sense of community is being/has been stamped out to perpetuate the myth that we are all in competition with each other - it's good for consumerism.

Nothing.

The problem is the state and the sense of entitlement it has created. It is crimes like these that make me think their parents should be in the dock too, that is where the problem lies.

Indeed - until they are 18 they are the parents responsibility. Given the state is impotent to discipline and punish these criminals thanks to a large degree BECAUSE these parents kick off if any public authority figure dare confront their little darlings, they must be expected to discipline them themselves.

Id be seeking to have the parent(s) done for murder too.

The area is a hellhole IMO. It would be classed as one of those 'up and coming' places. Lots of snazzy flats going up and the usual. However it has the same dregs of society hanging around as it always has.

Lots of areas in Edinburgh like this. Just a small step up from the hard core hell holes IMO.

As fro the story ? Not a surprise. Although to balance it out the bloke was just punched once and fell and hit his head of the pavement. Not making excuses for it. I despise these gangs of scum as much as the next person.

However it is not the gang of feral chavs kick a man to death story that many papers seem to be portraying it as.