House Price Crash Forum

Should I Go And Shout At The Silly Women

SarahBell

HOLA441

I could threaten to call the police like they did as they tried to get the keys back for their BTL boss yesterday.

Today they've got the keys back and a workman is doing something to the house.

However the silly girls have driven right up my driveway road so I can't get out. I don't want to go out in the car but am a bit tempted to make them move it just for the fun of it.

:)

HOLA442

I'd get them to move, purely and simply to set a precedent. Next time they park there, you might be needing to go out urgently. Hopefully they will learn not to block you in.

HOLA443

Just stab her straight in the jugular with a rusty screwdriver.

If she survives, she'll think twice about parking there. If not, you'll have nothing to worry about. (Though do remember to get her keys first.)

Hope this helps.

HOLA444

If she survives, she'll think twice about parking there. If not, you'll have nothing to worry about. (Though do remember to get her keys first.)

Hope this helps.

It doesn't hurt to try the nice approach first tho'. Can get nasty later and let her tyres down........ This may delay you getting out however.

HOLA445

Hope this helps.

Yes you'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.

Just go and ask them if they would move the car, nicely.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Just shout at everyone you meet for the next 24hrs. Aggressively shout incoherent nonsense at the top of your voice, only pausing to weep or stare intensely at objects that are not really there.

It will in no way help the situation but ..... well there is no 'but' actually, I haven't thought this through.

HOLA448

Just shout at everyone you meet for the next 24hrs. Aggressively shout incoherent nonsense at the top of your voice, only pausing to weep or stare intensely and objects that are not really there.

It will in no way help the situation but ..... well there is no 'but' actually, I haven't thought this through.

This, and flash them.

HOLA449

When the hotel next door to me was sold up and converted into flats, a nightmare ensued with contractors' vehicles blocking the 30-foot section of our drive between our back gate and the road, passing between the two properties.

On a colleague's advice and for the price of a bottle of whisky, I obtained from the porter's lodge at the university where I work an adequate supply of A3-sized sticky labels, with a specially vicious type of adhesive that will require a lot of scraping with hot soapy water to unstick. The labels were printed with a warning that the vehicle was parked illegally and would be clamped and/or removed if it was caught there again, and were produced for use by university security staff to stick on cars that didn't have a permit. During the builders' lunch hour or late at night (there's a residents' parking permit scheme operating in the surrounding roadside spaces, and so the builders would leave their vans in the back of our drive when they went to the pub after work), I would simply apply one of these labels on the windscreen, directly in front of the driver's seat (thereby obscuring his view of the road and necessitating the scraping before he could drive home), of each vehicle. After a few days, the problem ceased.

HOLA4410

I could threaten to call the police like they did as they tried to get the keys back for their BTL boss yesterday.

Today they've got the keys back and a workman is doing something to the house.

However the silly girls have driven right up my driveway road so I can't get out. I don't want to go out in the car but am a bit tempted to make them move it just for the fun of it.

:)

Stick a notice under the wipers - big bold font saying, 'YOU ARE BLOCKING MY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT PARK HERE AGAIN.'

Slip it into a plastic pocket in case of rain.

If they do it again after that, stick another to the windscreen with very sticky glue, saying, 'Since asking nicely didn't work...'

HOLA4411

I would simply apply one of these labels on the windscreen, directly in front of the driver's seat (thereby obscuring his view of the road and necessitating the scraping before he could drive home), of each vehicle. After a few days, the problem ceased.

This scheme is also in operation in Russia. Have to say, some drivers don't look too happy...

HOLA4412

When the hotel next door to me was sold up and converted into flats, a nightmare ensued with contractors' vehicles blocking the 30-foot section of our drive between our back gate and the road, passing between the two properties.

On a colleague's advice and for the price of a bottle of whisky, I obtained from the porter's lodge at the university where I work an adequate supply of A3-sized sticky labels, with a specially vicious type of adhesive that will require a lot of scraping with hot soapy water to unstick. The labels were printed with a warning that the vehicle was parked illegally and would be clamped and/or removed if it was caught there again, and were produced for use by university security staff to stick on cars that didn't have a permit. During the builders' lunch hour or late at night (there's a residents' parking permit scheme operating in the surrounding roadside spaces, and so the builders would leave their vans in the back of our drive when they went to the pub after work), I would simply apply one of these labels on the windscreen, directly in front of the driver's seat (thereby obscuring his view of the road and necessitating the scraping before he could drive home), of each vehicle. After a few days, the problem ceased.

Nice :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived