House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Blair Wants To Catch Lousy Politicians Early....

Guest Bart of Darkness
to clamp down on unruly youths.

Yawn. Heard it all before. Nothing will be done.

People need to understand if their kids are out of control and they are causing a nuisance to the local community, there's something that's going to happen

Does "nothing" count as "something"?

It might be more sensible if we intervened somewhat earlier and tried to prevent the problem arising in such a serious way

Far, far too late I'm afraid.

Far too often we get heavy after the problem has got incredibly serious

Can't say I've noticed the law getting too heavy with these types of late.

Sorry to seem so cynical but I've heard the same "cracking down" claptrap for 20 years at least. Good for newspaper headlines but very little else.

I'd like to believe this, I really would, but talk, as they say, is cheap.

Yawn. Heard it all before. Nothing will be done.

Does "nothing" count as "something"?

Far, far too late I'm afraid.

Can't say I've noticed the law getting too heavy with these types of late.

Sorry to seem so cynical but I've heard the same "cracking down" claptrap for 20 years at least. Good for newspaper headlines but very little else.

I'd like to believe this, I really would, but talk, as they say, is cheap.

Well since Ads began:

Aerial Washes WHITER than - the North Pole in a snow storm!

Fairy Liquid is the best EVER - with New added Pixie Dust!

Head 'n' Shoulders - will even make your Hair Grow Back!

Tony Blair says . . . . . . . . .

who does this tw@t think he is?

bet that no journalist has the b@lls to remind him that HIS OWN SON was found passed out DRUNK in the centre of Lonodn!

will he be sent to these classes at some point?

who does this tw@t think he is?

bet that no journalist has the b@lls to remind him that HIS OWN SON was found passed out DRUNK in the centre of Lonodn!

will he be sent to these classes at some point?

I'm no apologist for Senior Bliar, but every teenage son is entitled to get tipsy once in awhile. Getting drunk isn't yet illegal, or even being sick on the pavement. But road rage, assault, and abusive behaviour are. I recall that Bliar junior was spaced out but not a danger to others. Tolerance is a good thing, especially of a peaceful drunk.

VP

I'm no apologist for Senior Bliar, but every teenage son is entitled to get tipsy once in awhile. Getting drunk isn't yet illegal, or even being sick on the pavement. But road rage, assault, and abusive behaviour are. I recall that Bliar junior was spaced out but not a danger to others. Tolerance is a good thing, especially of a peaceful drunk.

VP

i bet if this becomes widespread then what his son did will be just the sort of thing that will get parents landed onto one of these 'courses'.

don't you get it?

the RT HON REV Bliar is PREACHING. remember 'Back to Basics'? it failed and so will this sh1te.

he wouldn't have any respect if he had to earn it.

how about some proper laws to deter the youngsters, or more incentive to work by giving less dole money, or less social security....or invalidity.

damn, i forgot, he said all this in 1997. silly me.

i bet if this becomes widespread then what his son did will be just the sort of thing that will get parents landed onto one of these 'courses'.

don't you get it?

Yes I do "get it". His son is a seperate person from him. Do you get that?

The point I was making concerns degrees of annoyance. Anyone who hasn't got drunk here please put your hand up.....ok, no hands up...thank you.

Getting drunk is not the issue. The issue is that someone who is perfectly sober can mug, rob, assault. It is also possible to get drunk and be extra violent....or be a pussycat. But being in an inebriated state itself is no particular indication of anything. Half the city of London stockbrokers get inebriated every single day, usually on Bollinger or Krug. Being drunk is a class-driven subject.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Yes I do "get it". His son is a seperate person from him. Do you get that?

No you don't get it. Apply this logic to every kid in the country and you then disassociate the parents, there is now no policy here. The whole point of this is that the parents are to be responsible for their childrens actions.

Getting drunk is not the issue.

You're right. I gave that as an example of anti-social behaviour of a child that would more than likely get the parents on one of these courses.

I recall that Bliar junior was spaced out but not a danger to others. Tolerance is a good thing, especially of a peaceful drunk.

A peaceful drunk is a dangerous, unpredictable drunk that is lay where he has fallen. He could have easily been out in the road or anything - a danger to himself and others. He was just fortunate, and nothing else, that he wasn't in the road.

The issue is that someone who is perfectly sober can mug, rob, assault. It is also possible to get drunk and be extra violent....or be a pussycat. But being in an inebriated state itself is no particular indication of anything. Half the city of London stockbrokers get inebriated every single day, usually on Bollinger or Krug. Being drunk is a class-driven subject.

Nope the issue is that you have a PM who is being a hypocrite and preaching from his ivory tower about how to bring up kids. He cannot make any sound moral judgements and blindly leads this country up one dead-end after another, never mind telling a family who probably live from one week to the next, with no plausible future prospects, how to live.

As i said before he has had 8 years to get to grips with this problem and it has only gotten worse no-matter what trendy policies he tries. He is fresh out of ideas (spin). Now he rounds on the parents and tells them it is their fault!

The man is all style and no substance. A former trusted advisor put it bluntly on Radio 4 this week when he said that Tony's policy [on everything] was a blank piece of paper.

Tell you what tickles me. I hear people constantly moaning about scumbag kids affecting peoples quality of life and yet nobody ever says...'yes, my kid is one of those scumbags'.

These little shits must belong to someone.

Tell you what tickles me. I hear people constantly moaning about scumbag kids affecting peoples quality of life and yet nobody ever says...'yes, my kid is one of those scumbags'.

These little shits must belong to someone.

These "little shits" are often psychos - you can have psychos of any age. They typically grow up into con-men, paediophiles, adult bullies etc etc

Edited by penbat1

Absolutely true .......

Personally, I reckon too much value is put on Human Life ...... I would round up all these little b@stards and lock them up till they starve to death ...... and maybe even their parents ....... :)

So many social and economic problems could be solved virtually overnight with this little idea :D