House Price Crash Forum
brocken spectre

Relax,we Are All Going To Die (Earlier Than Expected)

As a ruling principle, it is sensible to be ready to go at any time.

And there are no pockets in a shroud, which makes the preoccupations of many on here risible.

As a kid I had pneumonia and, thanks to the relatively new NHS, was given penecillin.

So the last 55 years have been a bonus.

If the antibiotic miracle has a blip, then I have done OK, thanks.

Guest Noodle

And there are no pockets in a shroud, which makes the preoccupations of many on here risible.

As a kid I had pneumonia and, thanks to the relatively new NHS, was given penecillin.

Top post. It's good advice.

Why do news channels willfully try to frighten people?

BS

Is this the day after the flu epidemic crisis was declared over?

Does WHO have a hot list and as flu went down, this new bug got up.

Obviously stopping people spreading it is important - but the bbc map tells me it would be racist to test people coming in to the country for it.

Obviously stopping people spreading it is important - but the bbc map tells me it would be racist to test people coming in to the country for it.

The only thing racist is the assumption that its Asian people bring it in. I agree the answer is to test everyone coming in. Sadly this would bring Heathrow down to about 4 flights a day. Good for the environment though. I'm all for it. Don't forget the ferry ports and the Eurostar as well.

Good words,

I called in to see an aged Uncle recently, questioned the point of his having stored half a dozen classic cars ( Jaguar, Austin, Triumph, Wolseley, nothing exotic) in his barn for over 40 years..

'They ain't losing nowt where they is, and when I am gone I won't be bothered'

Makes one think.

"Since the masses of the people are inconstant, full of unruly desires, passionate, and reckless of consequences, they must be filled with fears to keep them in order. The ancients did well, therefore, to invent gods, and the belief in punishment after death" [Polybius, The Histories]

The only thing racist is the assumption that its Asian people bring it in. I agree the answer is to test everyone coming in. Sadly this would bring Heathrow down to about 4 flights a day. Good for the environment though. I'm all for it. Don't forget the ferry ports and the Eurostar as well.

testing can be done during the flight.

Make the most of each day you are living...tomorrow may be your last. ;)

Absolutely.

Indeed it's worse than that - plenty of people who go to sleep tonight will never wake up again.

If you wake up tomorrow, be thankful and use the day wisely.

It is so annoying when people lose their temper at a shop assistant who mis-handles a query, when in another part of the world thousands are starving to death. If you are living in the UK in 2010, chances are your life is better than 99% of all the people who have ever lived.

What a relief,superbug going to wipe us all out.So says ITV "Antibiotics will fail"

GP says "don't worry known about this for a Decade".

BS

Because fear induces and activates our primitive instinct of survival, these ever increasing doses of fear fed to us through the media inspires anxiety, which creates paranoia, paranoia leads you to act irrationally, you end up buying items which are something for nothing like Life Insurance, house insurance, pensions, Tamiflu etc etc etc

It is so annoying when people lose their temper at a shop assistant who mis-handles a query, when in another part of the world thousands are starving to death.

I know! It amazes me that people grow geraniums when in another part of the world thousands wear rubber.

Is this the day after the flu epidemic crisis was declared over?

Does WHO have a hot list and as flu went down, this new bug got up.

Exactly. Scientists who investigate bacteria (and other small things we can't see) discover new bug that will kill us all.

Quick, give them £100M to investigate it before it's too late ! What price can you put on your familys life !

It's this months hysterical nonsense, just like BSE, acid rain, millenium bug, global warming, etc etc

I don't know about you, but I'll go only when I'm good and ready.

Exactly. Scientists who investigate bacteria (and other small things we can't see) discover new bug that will kill us all.

Quick, give them £100M to investigate it before it's too late ! What price can you put on your familys life !

It's this months hysterical nonsense, just like BSE, acid rain, millenium bug, global warming, etc etc

The government won't give them a bean, it will be pharma who stump up, It's not hysterical nonsense. NDM-1 has become endemic in India and Pakistan and only two drugs work on it, and some strains are pan-resistant. The fact is with the current cr@ppy pipeline, it will be a matter of a couple of decades before we are back to the pre-antibiotic era where infections regulalry killed people. The Indians hand out antiobiotics like smarties, and make poor quality rip-offs that breed resistance, so it's not really surprising. It won't be long before this strain becomes established in the UK.