House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Buy-to-let Investors Creep Back Into The Market

If that's true will prices keep on rising? Because only BTLers seem to be able to afford property these days.

Flippers too. A flat in my town sold for 55K in February and again in June for 65K. Now it is on the market for 75K - and has just sold!!!!!! I am the one who sold it for 55K :angry:

Edited by bobdabuilder

If that's true will prices keep on rising? Because only BTLers seem to be able to afford property these days.

Flippers too. A flat in my town sold for 55K in February and again in June for 65K. Now it is on the market for 75K - and has just sold!!!!!! I am the one who sold it for 55K  :angry:

Tell me about it mate, I sold my property last year for £90k and the same one came back on market for £155k!!!, although it still hasn't sold.

Why did you both sell so low?

Please tell me you didn't believe all the nonsense on here.

I'm assuming you both lived in unmaintained hovels so the price increase is all down to improvements in your old properties.

Flippers too. A flat in my town sold for 55K in February and again in June for 65K. Now it is on the market for 75K - and has just sold!!!!!! I am the one who sold it for 55K  :angry:

36 % increase since February.

Where exactly is that ?

I would like to check the Land Registry figures.

Of course Buy to Let investors will creep back into the market. They will do so because they were able to get decent discounts due to real price drops. This probably combined with belief in the VI spin that prices will soon rise again.

Sales are up but prices are down.

Why did you both sell so low?

Please tell me you didn't believe all the nonsense on here.

I'm assuming you both lived in unmaintained hovels so the price increase is all down to improvements in your old properties.

My area was totally f**ked mate. Neighbours were noisy and drugs as well as burglaries were very common. I bought in 2002 for only £54k, so I made my money and got out of that hell-hole. Of course prices have increased, but the properties aren't selling. My own property has been on market again since I sold, and its at a stupid £155k!!! Although it still hasn't sold.

The average properties pre-2002 were selling for only £35-£55k anyway in that area, so its had a MASSIVE rise if the value now stands at £155k.

They're creeping so discreetly no-one is even noticing. A block of flats near me now has all the big Estate Agents signs down i.e. you would think they are all sold (20 months after completion!). A look at the Land Registry data shows only 3 out of 8 are sold.

I have a feeling the developer has become a landlord - whether he liked it or not!

Likewise, the plethora of new-build flats stand defiantly empty - with discounts getting bigger every week.

Bobdabuilder and Boom'n'bust

Which areas please........I bet you won't provide them! All sounds very fishy to say the least.

Edited by Vivaldo

Vivaldo: Bobdabuilder and Boom'n'bust

Which areas please........I bet you won't provide them! All sounds very fishy to say the least.

I lived in Shipley, Bradford

Edited by Boom'n'Bust

Dunoon in beautiful Argyll. Prices here have been going up every year for quite a few years now although obviously not to the levels seen elsewhere in the UK.

Why do you say it sounds fishy? I wasn´t trying to sell you anything.

Are we only allowed to post messages when prices go down?????

Guest Guy_Montag

The average rent they give: is that averaged across all properties, including those empty & therefore not generating any income.

Just heard on FiveLive that rents are being pushed up because people can't afford to buy.

Not sure of the logic there since BTLers have replaces FTBers & therefore the amount of housing available remains the same.

I have a feeling the developer has become a landlord - whether he liked it or not!

Likewise, the plethora of new-build flats stand defiantly empty - with discounts getting bigger every week.

New-build place in Hornsey, N London is offering to give you rent free accommodation in (obviously currently empty, unable to let) flats while they build you a "luxury" flat in the same development.

You only have to ask why there are so many empty flats that they can give you one for "free" (temporarily), and you'd soon not buy as it's obviously against the market.

So yeah they're becoming reluctant landlords too. Hee hee! It's a good spot though, good transport and the like (if you work in the City), but the flats themselves are toss.

Thats funny because on 5 live they were talking about rents going up. Due to more people not being able to get on the ladder and BTL deserting the market. As a result there are less houses to rent.

WHICH WAY IS IT

Rents are either going up or down...my experience is down

Less people are moving into BTL.. my experience is so

It's wierd that you can here two different stories on two different channels. It cannot be doing both.

I'm not sure anyone knows whats going on.

I went into the EA today...they said they had a good month last month... but they would. BUT the indexes say that prices are going down.

The EA was on the phone to a punter who had obviously asked about offereing less on a property. She said her experience is that people are not taking less. But yet there were loads of tacky stickers over the prices of a 1/3 of their properties with price reductions.

WHATS THE REAL STORY..... DOES ANYONE KNOW

Bobdabuilder and Boom'n'bust

Its strange that Vivaldo has questioned mine and Bobdabuilder's post integrity, and doubted that the posts were even truthful, but when we've responded, he now won't reply.

Thats funny because on 5 live they were talking about rents going up. Due to more people not being able to get on the ladder and BTL deserting the market. As a result there are less houses to rent.

WHICH WAY IS IT

Rents are either going up or down...my experience is down

Less people are moving into BTL.. my experience is so

It's wierd that you can here two different stories on two different channels. It cannot be doing both.

I'm not sure anyone knows whats going on.

I went into the EA today...they said they had a good month last month... but they would. BUT the indexes say that prices are going down.

The EA was on the phone to a punter who had obviously asked about offereing less on a property. She said her experience is that people are not taking less. But yet there were loads of tacky stickers over the prices of a 1/3 of their properties with price reductions.

WHATS THE REAL STORY..... DOES ANYONE KNOW

"Tacky stickers" should be the nickname for something to do with house prices falling. Perhaps sellers who refuse to lower their price? "I put an offer in on this flat but the seller's a right tacky sticker."