House Price Crash Forum

Chat With Estate Agent Today

izzy

HOLA441

Phoned an estate agent today to inquire about a property. The first question she asked me was, "Are you a cash buyer?" Apparently, they are compiling a list of "premier buyers" who have provided proof of capital. They are given first notice of repossession properties. She went on to say the mortgage market was dead.

Bit of a change in sentiment since they last time I looked.

HOLA442

Phoned an estate agent today to inquire about a property. The first question she asked me was, "Are you a cash buyer?" Apparently, they are compiling a list of "premier buyers" who have provided proof of capital. They are given first notice of repossession properties. She went on to say the mortgage market was dead.

Bit of a change in sentiment since they last time I looked.

The mortgage market is dead once liar loans are off the menu? What a surprise.

Wonder how much money will have to be stolen from others to bail out the liar loaners of the last two years, ont top of those from the bulk of the previous decade.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The mortgage market is dead once liar loans are off the menu? What a surprise.

Wonder how much money will have to be stolen from others to bail out the liar loaners of the last two years, ont top of those from the bulk of the previous decade.

silly boy..not LIAR loans...Mis-sold loans.

HOLA445

silly boy..not LIAR loans...Mis-sold loans.

Maybe I was talking about the banks - they have lied all along about their duplicity in encouraging shit through their books onto other peoples' books and then on to the taxpayer - all under the eyes of the FSA BOE

HOLA446

BBC Business site has a headline of mortgage lending up.

Did the EA mention the possibility of price drops.

When she asked what my budget was, the answer I gave her was about 30% below the asking price of the property I'd inquired about. She didn't skip a beat. Repossession properties going to cash buyers for 'highest acceptable offers' was how she put it.

HOLA447

Maybe I was talking about the banks - they have lied all along about their duplicity in encouraging shit through their books onto other peoples' books and then on to the taxpayer - all under the eyes of the FSA BOE

Sorry, wasnt a dig at you....was meant to describe how the "victims" will be spinning how they were entitled to compo for taking on a mortgage beyond their means/

HOLA448

When she asked what my budget was, the answer I gave her was about 30% below the asking price of the property I'd inquired about. She didn't skip a beat. Repossession properties going to cash buyers for 'highest acceptable offers' was how she put it.

Well it would be nice if you could state the area and estate agency. Many thanks.

HOLA449

Sounds like desperation... good stuff.

Your area would be useful as we can gauge what the market is like - thanks.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Don't want to state the agency but the area is central Essex.

Music to my ears, it's retirees from Essex that have been holding up the market in my local Norfolk town for the past year.

I'm sure the conversation went something like this:

"Look Doreen, ain't it cheap, that would be 'undred grand more back in Wickford"

"Yeah Bill, if we get 5 grand off, we'll have bagged ourselves a real bargain, leaves us some money over to get a couple of stone lions either side of the front door and one of those lovely greek statue water features for the front garden, doncha fink?"

Edited by luigi

HOLA4417

I have had the same sort of conversation this week with an EA.

They called me to say they had Two repo's coming on the market in my search area.

I said ok i will look at them one needs work and one is quite small.

I mentioned that was interested in the run down one that needed some work but would make a low offer once they release the price.

They came back with "I have plenty of investors looking at this property this week".

I felt like picking up her computer and throwing at her head, i cannot stand that word, INvestor, investor, investor.

I told her in a calm manner that this country would not be in this state if people treated their homes like homes and not investment.

She then told me they price them 10% below market value so peopel can bid on them to which i responded with i wont be getting involved in any bidding.

Its either lies or some rich people are very very stupid indeed.