House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Concrete Jungle

Air Tites

I figured this subforum was as good a place as any to ask. My usual supplier of very reasonably priced air tites for one and two ounce silver coins and one ounce silver bars is no longer supplying them. So if you are in the UK where are you getting them from and how much delivered to your door?

Thanks

I figured this subforum was as good a place as any to ask. My usual supplier of very reasonably priced air tites for one and two ounce silver coins and one ounce silver bars is no longer supplying them. So if you are in the UK where are you getting them from and how much delivered to your door?

Thanks

Whenever I've bought them it's been from Sarnia Silver and Channel Island Silver Bullion.

Not a huge amount of choice as far as coins go, just Air-Tites for Eagles and Maples. 1oz silver bar Air-Tights are also available.

Very good suggestion, wish I'd thought of that sooner.

Good prices too, see this example.

I've used that particular merchant twice and had very good service. I bought direct for slightly better prices:

Coin Gallery

The gloves are also very well priced and the small albums are great for storing sovereigns and other smallish coins:

Small Numis album

They used to stock very good scales for 10.00 which weighed up to 50 g in 0.01 increments. Maybe I was lucky but they weighed coins precisely correctly. "Truweigh On Balance" - more than twice the price elsewhere and if they get restocked I commend them too.

No point in airtites unless you have nuismatic coins. Bullion retains the same spot value regardless of scratches etc.

There's nothing better than clinking a few half-eagles in your hand etc.

No point in airtites unless you have nuismatic coins. Bullion retains the same spot value regardless of scratches etc.

I must admit I use them mainly for aesthetic reasons. I think my gold and 1oz silver coins/rounds/bars look so much nicer in Air-tites.