House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

The Benefits Of Immigration

Yeah I know I'm stirring the pot a little but there's no denying that the UK is at higher risk due to our huge numbers of immigrants in particular groups and the fact they go home so often (due to lack of integration in my view c.f. other immigrant groups).

International travel and medical tourism helped the spread of drug-resistant bacteria that could lead to the end of antibiotics, scientists have warned.

A new gene, NDM-1, emerged which allows bacteria to be highly resistant to almost all antibiotics, the scientists said.

NDM-1 spread in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. But it was also found in 37 patients from the UK, who travelled to India or Pakistan for medical procedures including cosmetic surgery, according to an article published in The Lancet.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/192515/Gene-may-kill-off-antibiotics-

Alarm over 'unbeatable' antibiotic-resistant superbug found in UK hospitals which could spread worldwide

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1302035/Alert-unbeatable-superbug-spread-worldwide.html#ixzz0wHuurA4s

None of this would happen if my proposed immigration strategy were done.

- Have a national quota

- Distribute immigrants around the country. Cap the no. immigrants per county or even per town. This will ensure they integrate and less likely to "stick together", as would otherwise be inclined to, and integrate less.

Guest X-QUORK

I agree, I was actually quite angry this morning when I heard about this. Dodgy medical practice in Pakistan and India is now leading to medical problems for the British...great.

I'm also getting tired of almost all the news being full of stories about that part of the world, and I'm not talking about just the flooding coverage (which is entirely reasonable).

Seeing as we already pay Pakistan half a billion pounds a year in aid, and seeing as they're rich enough to be a nuclear power, I won't be contributing to the DEC appeal.

Enough of bloody Pakistan, already!

Yeah I know I'm stirring the pot a little but there's no denying that the UK is at higher risk due to our huge numbers of immigrants in particular groups and the fact they go home so often (due to lack of integration in my view c.f. other immigrant groups).

This is worrying. Especially when you look at the growing bedbug problem in the UK.

I agree, I was actually quite angry this morning when I heard about this. Dodgy medical practice in Pakistan and India is now leading to medical problems for the British...great.

I'm also getting tired of almost all the news being full of stories about that part of the world, and I'm not talking about just the flooding coverage (which is entirely reasonable).

Seeing as we already pay Pakistan half a billion pounds a year in aid, and seeing as they're rich enough to be a nuclear power, I won't be contributing to the DEC appeal.

Enough of bloody Pakistan, already!

I've noticed while watching these appeals for money that there seems to be far less sympathy than for other, comparable disasters.

This hasn't been explicitly stated, but it just seems so obvious. I'll bet that 95% of UK donations come from Pakistanis.

I think we're talking about one of the least willing to integrate immigrant populations in the UK here.

I've noticed while watching these appeals for money that there seems to be far less sympathy than for other, comparable disasters.

This hasn't been explicitly stated, but it just seems so obvious. I'll bet that 95% of UK donations come from Pakistanis.

I think we're talking about one of the least willing to integrate immigrant populations in the UK here.

It's a sad truth that Pakistan has a bit of a PR problem....

One of the things that this Broad throwing the ball at Haider incident has brought home to me is the virulent antipathy that some, maybe even many of our subcontinental brethren have for us.

Reading the comments on the you tube clips of the incident was not a pretty sight, beyond the ribbing, baiting and banter that one expects with sport and well into the realms of vitriol. I was surprised.

But then again, I suppose that's why some of them blow themselves up on our busses, not nice.

Guest X-QUORK

It's a sad truth that Pakistan has a bit of a PR problem....

I think it goes deeper than PR.

So you believe it is just immigrants that are travelling abroad for cosmetic surgery?

This is an immigration issue?

Or is it an issue that is fundamentally about travel and more specifically medical tourism, that you and the sensationalist rag you cite, famous for spinning literally anything so that it becomes an excuse to target immigrants, want to shoe horn your agenda in to?

Edit: Reading the article again, even the Daily Hate didn't try and spin it the way you have and they most certainly would if they thought it was even vaguely plausible.

What??? You haven't heard what Gordon has just said?

Gordon Brown makes aid appeal for Pakistan flood victims

Some aid workers have expressed concern that Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims, which is due to begin on Thursday in Pakistan, could complicate the situation. People only getting poor nutrition are not well placed to fast

I thought we lived in the 21st century...

Guest X-QUORK

So you believe it is just immigrants that are travelling abroad for cosmetic surgery?

Or is it an issue that is fundamentally about travel and more specifically medical tourism, that you and the sensationalist rag you cite, famous for spinning literally anything so that it becomes an excuse to target immigrants, want to shoe horn your agenda in to?

Edit: Reading the article again, even the Daily Hate didn't try and spin it the way you have and they most certainly would if they thought it was even vaguely plausible.

Not sure you're bing fair, I heard about the story on the BBC, not some crappy tabloid paper.

Edit: Reading the article again, even the daily hate didn't try and spin it the way you have.

Yeah because it's ONLY brits getting surgery in India bringing it in right?

I mean it's just not possible that the large numbers of immigrants from the subcontinent could just possibly be carrying it in with them could it?? I mean it's not like any of them would EVER have visited an Indian hospital eh??

FFS open your eyes and know when you are being lied to by the "free press"...

Not sure you're bing fair, I heard about the story on the BBC, not some crappy tabloid paper.

You are missing my point. I'm not in any way claiming the issue doesn't exist. However, this thread is entitled 'The Benefits Of Immigration' and the OP includes a list of policies about immigration.

However, even the Daily Mail doesn't try and associate this with immigration, rather it blames medical tourism. My issue is with ROlf (yet again) subverting the issue in order to preach about immigrants.

Yeah because it's ONLY brits getting surgery in India bringing it in right?

I mean it's just not possible that the large numbers of immigrants from the subcontinent could just possibly be carrying it in with them could it?? I mean it's not like any of them would EVER have visited an Indian hospital eh??

FFS open your eyes and know when you are being lied to by the "free press"...

The article is explicitly about patients who had medical procedures overseas. That isn't immigration you retard, no matter how much you would like it to be.

Being incapable of non-polarised thought may hamper you in understanding, but give it a go.

Guest X-QUORK

The article is explicitly about patients who had medical procedures overseas. That isn't immigration you retard, no matter how much you would like it to be.

Being incapable of non-polarised thought may hamper you in understanding, but give it a go.

It's fair to say the story is related to immigration IMO. Without the vast Indian/Pakistani diaspora in the UK, would we still have this superbug in our hospitals?

We are where we are, but I do wish these folks would at least try and integrate with their chosen homeland rather than fecking off back to Pakistan all the time.

You blind dipshit - you're the one ignoring the truth.. The article is presenting a biased one sided view of the issue - exactly as you are, you are even jumping right in with personal insults because someone dared to contradict you - the typical tactic of the polically correct liberal clowns that have brought this country to it's knees...

You are missing my point. I'm not in any way claiming the issue doesn't exist. However, this thread is entitled 'The Benefits Of Immigration' and the OP includes a list of policies about immigration.

However, even the Daily Mail doesn't try and associate this with immigration, rather it blames medical tourism. My issue is with ROlf (yet again) subverting the issue in order to preach about immigrants.

I quoted two sources so that I would not be associated with a single one. This story is also all over the BBC. I claim no affiliation with any. Go straight to the source at the Lancet if you want a journalist-free version.

Cosmetic surgery has been mentioned, but with pathogens and the like: hospitals are breeding grounds but this is also in the full commuinity. Incredibly poor hygiene in these countries, these customs are also brought back here. Ever noticed how immigrants don't cover their mouth when coughing, wipe their @Rse with their hands (we've covered this already) and spit everywhere? No, I am not talking about Islamabad, I'm talking about the cities of the UK!

Look at TB. A major problem in the immigrant community. HIV is brought in also. Why we don't demand chest xrays and HIV tests for immigrants like other countries do, I don't know. Wait, I do. We're a soft touch. That's the UK - full of colonial guilt and bring out the welcome mat for anyone. Even "white guilt" dare I say it?

I have family overseas and in one village many thousands of miles from here, a white guy moved in. He didn't bring his entire family, he doesn't insist on being different. No, he integrated, he learned the language, he lives like one of them.

That is why I mention immigration. Immigration policy as we know very well has been wrong. If they followed my policy, immigrants would call themselves English (not "British" - what a cop out). Second generation immigrants don't feel English (and they say so) and nor do they act English. Then what the hell are they doing here?

I'm a second generation part-immigrant myself and, guess what, I DO feel English!

Oh yes, I connected it with immigration and even the Daily Mail didn't. Guess what? - I actually have my OWN opinions! :D:D:D

You blind dipshit - you're the one ignoring the truth.. The article is presenting a biased one sided view of the issue - exactly as you are, you are even jumping right in with personal insults because someone dared to contradict you - the typical tactic of the polically correct liberal clowns that have brought this country to it's knees...

You really are as dim as you appear.

Show me the truth then, show me the independent research you have done. Show me the data you have that contradicts the article. Demonstrate exactly what the lies are in the article - which by the way I didn't suggest was accurate. Oh, you can't? Yet you are willing to rant at me for questioning, not the facts in the article, but the way in which some people chose to interpret it. The article was NOT about immigration, I am pointing that out.

I am not ignoring 'the truth' I am just simply more capable and more prepared than you are to try and understand specific issues rather than let my ignorance shovel everything under the umbrella of 'immigration'.

You say I am blind, then show me the light, show me what you know - or are you perhaps guilty of making assumptions based upon hearsay?

Ever noticed how immigrants don't cover their mouth when coughing, wipe their @Rse with their hands (we've covered this already) and spit everywhere?

You're an immigrant, do you behave like that?

I have family overseas and in one village many thousands of miles from here, a white guy moved in. He didn't bring his entire family, he doesn't insist on being different. No, he integrated, he learned the language, he lives like one of them.

Yes, Brits are renowned for their chameleon like ability to blend in with the locals when abroad. :rolleyes:

I'm a second generation part-immigrant myself and, guess what, I DO feel English!

Oh yes, I connected it with immigration and even the Daily Mail didn't. Guess what? - I actually have my OWN opinions! :D:D:D

I'm a migrant myself and from my observations I have to say that the 2nd generation of European immigrants always see themeselves as English/Scottish/etc.

For some reason 2nd generation non-European immigrants from less civilised countries are searching for their roots and reverting back to some primitive behaviour/dressing customs. Why would they want to do that is beyond me...

It's fair to say the story is related to immigration IMO. Without the vast Indian/Pakistani diaspora in the UK, would we still have this superbug in our hospitals?

We are where we are, but I do wish these folks would at least try and integrate with their chosen homeland rather than fecking off back to Pakistan all the time.

Quork - you are smart. You know as well as I do what Rolf's agenda is and the spin he is trying to put on this article - just look at his subsequent posts above (and below)

As alway's whenever anybody tries to decompose issues about immigration you get the bile and accusations of being a 'PC liberal blah blah blah'. You know this. People like Rolf rely on immediately polarising issues - either you are against immigration or you welcome anybody and anything they bring with them.

It isn't that simple.

I was trying to point out that, even if you banned immigration tomorrow, people still travel, medical tourism would still happen etc etc. Thus the article, whilst related to immigration, was about medical tourism and overseas medical procedures yet here we are reading posts about immigrants wiping their arses with their hands ....

None of this would happen if my proposed immigration strategy were done.

- Have a national quota

- Distribute immigrants around the country. Cap the no. immigrants per county or even per town. This will ensure they integrate and less likely to "stick together", as would otherwise be inclined to, and integrate less.

In my 42 years I have known and liked many folks from India who live in the uk. I have two mates who are as british as me but family orginate from India.

I do not know any Pakistanis on a personal level and the most conversation I have ever had has been asking for 20 Marlboro light.

No integration in my areas.

You're an immigrant, do you behave like that?

The Dutch and British (indigenous) are remarkably similar in terms of culture and customs. I speak Dutch when I go out, I ride my bike everywhere - I am integrating well.

Then again, the closer you are, the easier it is to integrate. If you come from thousands of miles away you must be prepared to put in the effort to integrate. Now consider that there are some members of the Asian community in the UK who have been here for 20 years and don't speak English. They get their kids to do everything for them.

And they all congregated together when they arrived here. Now we have ghettoes like Bradford. Fantastic. My policies would prevent immigrant families living next door to each other or filling entire blocks with 90% immigrants.

These people should be forced to learn English if they want to stay here. Many countries do this. Even Holland does this for some immigrants I think. They must take an exam and I don't think this is even for citizenship.

Yes, Brits are renowned for their chameleon like ability to blend in with the locals when abroad. :rolleyes:

Chav brits on holiday? Some mouthy rich expats? Hardly representative of the UK. Hardly representative of UK emigrants even. The funny thing is that while most countries around the world are protective of their culture (and rightly so) and western immigrants find it difficult to integrate there, they are at least respected for the most part and they also tend not to all congregate in one place. Yes, there are rich, expatriate apartment blocks but this is an altogether different concept to Bradford ghettoes IMO.

The Dutch and British (indigenous) are remarkably similar in terms of culture and customs. I speak Dutch when I go out, I ride my bike everywhere - I am integrating well.

Then again, the closer you are, the easier it is to integrate. If you come from thousands of miles away you must be prepared to put in the effort to integrate. Now consider that there are some members of the Asian community in the UK who have been here for 20 years and don't speak English. They get their kids to do everything for them.

And they all congregated together when they arrived here. Now we have ghettoes like Bradford. Fantastic. My policies would prevent immigrant families living next door to each other or filling entire blocks with 90% immigrants.

These people should be forced to learn English if they want to stay here. Many countries do this. Even Holland does this for some immigrants I think. They must take an exam and I don't think this is even for citizenship.

Chav brits on holiday? Some mouthy rich expats? Hardly representative of the UK. Hardly representative of UK emigrants even.

And your caricature of immigrants wiping their arses with their hands is fair, balanced and comprehensively representative I suppose?

I'm a migrant myself and from my observations I have to say that the 2nd generation of European immigrants always see themeselves as English/Scottish/etc.

For some reason 2nd generation non-European immigrants from less civilised countries are searching for their roots and reverting back to some primitive behaviour/dressing customs. Why would they want to do that is beyond me...

Because they come from uncivilised "backwards" countries. Burning effigies in the street etc., its all indicative.

When westernised immigrants move to another country, do they bring a crime wave with them? No.

When 3rd world immigrants move to another country, witness an explosion in crime. Each country represented has their speciality crime. If nobody believes me, just check the stats for yourself.

We don't have an obligation to 3rd world countries to import their culture and bring our own down. Sadly, some powers that be think that we do.

What is your background Rolf?

You've said previously you can tell from your appearance you're not ethnically british / english which would indicate you're background being non european.

Chav brits on holiday? Some mouthy rich expats? Hardly representative of the UK. Hardly representative of UK emigrants even.

I'm talking about ex pat communities in pretty much every country I've ever visited; I travel for work for upwards of 6 months a year and I'm yet to see the high levels of integration with local foreign cultures that you seem to be privy to.