House Price Crash Forum
koala_bear

Telegraph "it's Good News That House Prices Are Falling"

Wow, what can I say?

I added my comment and even in the Telegraph some are starting to grasp the reality. Even the readers!

That's got to be some good news there!

The government has probably told them about their change in policy...i.e. from printing money to get f**k wits free housing/profits to spending money we have and making people work for it.

Seems a better system to me. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As much as I'm enjoying all this bear food, does anyone else get the impression that 'a message' has been given to the media about this? Suddenly, every man and his dog is talking about how good cheap houses would be, when last week HPI was all wonderful.

Maybe I'm just growing ever more cynical. It is good news, of course, but wtf took them so long and why does it seem they have simultaneously all decided a HPC (well, gradual falls) is a good idea?

As much as I'm enjoying all this bear food, does anyone else get the impression that 'a message' has been given to the media about this? Suddenly, every man and his dog is talking about how good cheap houses would be, when last week HPI was all wonderful.

Maybe I'm just growing ever more cynical. It is good news, of course, but wtf took them so long and why does it seem they have simultaneously all decided a HPC (well, gradual falls) is a good idea?

...because they don't have to use the brain ...it's in front of their faces ....a no brainer right now.... :rolleyes:

As much as I'm enjoying all this bear food, does anyone else get the impression that 'a message' has been given to the media about this?

Yes

They're looking to start QE2, and "rescuing hard-working property-owners for financial ruin" will be a good cover story.

So: panic stories to start the market sliding; then the Good Guys step in and get the banks lending to house-buyers at near base rate for a few years.

I always thought the benefit to the economy was not so much that houseprices were high, but more in the fact that houses are selling. Money moving through the economy etc etc...

High houseprices with low sales I think is the problem that needs to be tackled.

The system needs to be reset...

Edited by Krackersdave

You may have a point there.

With this and the Times all in one day, I am beginning that our masters have given the go ahead for the "word" to be put out.

I suspect it has more to do with senior (VI?) staff being on holiday so they have a better chance of saying what they like (with the evidence to back it up!) or there being so much bearish news that they just go with the flow. I might be a case of one it gets said in the FT editorial that it is far easier to run it else where...

Nice to see so many realistic (bearish) comments after the article, we need to keep the effort up!

Anecdotal:

In the discussions I've been having lately I seem to be able to win the argument that high house prices are bad for the economy as a whole so the penny might be dropping with the journalists too.

In the long-term, prices tend to go up, because Britons like to own their own homes and we live in a small island with tight building restrictions.

Good article, but not sure I buy this argument.

In the long-term, prices have risen mostly because mortgages have become easier to obtain and the £ has been devalued over time by inflation.

As much as I'm enjoying all this bear food, does anyone else get the impression that 'a message' has been given to the media about this?

Yes

They're looking to start QE2, and "rescuing hard-working property-owners for financial ruin" will be a good cover story.

So: panic stories to start the market sliding; then the Good Guys step in and get the banks lending to house-buyers at near base rate for a few years.

and of course the other aspect is that we're seeing the end of the Coalitions's honeymoon period, so the media are happy to make mileage out of the possibility of tough economic times.

Yes, it really is rather surreal.

Nevertheless it is actually happening, just proves the power of MSM.

Yes

Na, they wouldn't do that would they :rolleyes:

tbh, I'm begining to think that the tories want the HPC done and dusted so they can start afresh and get re-elected in 5 years!

I always thought the benefit to the economy was not so much that houseprices were high, but more in the fact that houses are selling. Money moving through the economy etc etc...

High houseprices with low sales I think is the problem that needs to be tackled.

The system needs to be reset...

This is where it comes unstuck? No credit = no money to the average sheep = no economy laugh.gif I don`t fancy Dave`s job much.

In the long-term, prices have risen mostly because mortgages have become easier to obtain and the £ has been devalued over time by inflation.

Er............. Shall we correct that - and be exact about all this:

THEY KEY to the WHOLE SCAM:

"In the long-term, prices have risen mostly because mortgages LIAR LOANS became easier to obtain and - in fact - became THE NORM - and have in fact become NECESSARY for all to be able to "afford" pwoperty... And - as a result - a rocket was put under the "market" - which became a FALSE "market" as a result of this MASSIVE fraud which created the biggest EVER pyramid/Ponzi Scam in ALL history..... We are still living with the consequences - and will be for a considerable amount of time... "

Edited by eric pebble

Hello no offense intended but...

Your part of the problem

You are a dutiful unwilling stooge, a gleeful spoonfed idiot

"every man and his dog"

Please shut up, you silly media led numpty muttonhead

A good dose of reality needs to be rapidly inoculated up your rectum

And my boot is ready and waiting in kicking position to ensure its prompt delivery.

Armageddon can't come soon enough

Er............. Shall we correct that - and be exact about all this:

THEY KEY to the WHOLE SCAM:

"In the long-term, prices have risen mostly because mortgages LIAR LOANS became easier to obtain and - in fact - became THE NORM - and have in fact become NECESSARY for all to be able to "afford" pwoperty... And - as a result - a rocket was put under the "market" - which became a FALSE "market" as a result of this MASSIVE fraud which created the biggest EVER pyramid/Ponzi Scam in ALL history..... We are still living with the consequences - and will be for a considerable amount of time... "

Have you seen yesterday's FT Editorial arguing that lower house prices are a positive thing? It is even better than this Telegraph's column. It is brilliant, saying much of what we've been saying here for years. And it carries the weight of the FT Editorial!

It is for subscribers/registered only, but I copied/pasted it here. Please tale a look: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=149005&view=findpost&p=2664359

Hello no offense intended but...

Your part of the problem

You are a dutiful unwilling stooge, a gleeful spoonfed idiot

"every man and his dog"

Please shut up, you silly media led numpty muttonhead

A good dose of reality needs to be rapidly inoculated up your rectum

And my boot is ready and waiting in kicking position to ensure its prompt delivery.

Armageddon can't come soon enough

:lol:

Quite. She's talking ignorant rubbish. House prices reflect the cost and availability of credit. This 'Brits like to own their own homes' and 'we live on a small island' bull really annoys me. People still don't understand the nature of an asset price bubble.

Also, she writes "There may, then, be a period of flat or slightly weaker house prices. This is surely preferable to a sharp rally"

OK, I suppose I agree its preferable to a sharp rally, but flat prices aren't exactly good news to most people on this forum. Most of us want houses to become affordable. She's saying prices being stupidly expensive are preferable to prices being ridiculously expensive.

I suppose its a start.