House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Olympics 2012 - Compulsory Purchases

Just heard on Radio 4 today that Compulsory Purchase Documents have gone out to properties both residential and business in the East of London. Apparently the occupants are being offered below market value prices to purchase their properties to make way for the new Olympic 2012 developments and have only up to 2 years to vacate.

I wonder just jow many people are going to be affected by this.

:o

Just heard on Radio 4 today that Compulsory Purchase Documents have gone out to properties both residential and business in the East of London. Apparently the occupants are being offered below market value prices to purchase their properties to make way for the new Olympic 2012 developments and have only up to 2 years to vacate.

I wonder just jow many people are going to be affected by this.

:o

They were probably celebrating the increase in property values the olympics would bring only months ago. These people are going to fight like hell, I would. Below market value, depends what market value has fallen to by the end of the next 2 years.

Edited by deano

They were probably celebrating the increase in property values the olympics would bring only months ago.  These people are going to fight like hell, I would.  Below market value, depends what market value has fallen to by the end of the next 2 years.

Whenever goverments etc. do these things they always get a low valuation and offer a fixed price... except when they are not goverment but goverment funded Housing Associations... then they get high valuations and offer fixed prices on share-buys. Maybe it should be a blind valuation system (or better still the valuers should alway be told the opposite scenario to the one that they are valuing - sell / buy)