House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

helenreed

Daryl Hall's House

Well the house is pretty nice.

But I really liked what happens inside i.e. the getting together of the whole aging session players/musicians jamming together in Mr Hall's house while meals are being prepared. It is a bit American 'hey we're having a great time' but even so seeing Smokey Robinson and Tod Rungren playing in a relaxed atmosphere is pretty good. I just like the general idea and think it is great if you're a fan of any of the artists appearing there. Of course these artists are actual musicians so can't see Blue having these type of sessions any time soon with the likes of the Spice Girls.

Good be good for a spoof take off of course.

Well the house is pretty nice.

But I really liked what happens inside i.e. the getting together of the whole aging session players/musicians jamming together in Mr Hall's house while meals are being prepared. It is a bit American 'hey we're having a great time' but even so seeing Smokey Robinson and Tod Rungren playing in a relaxed atmosphere is pretty good. I just like the general idea and think it is great if you're a fan of any of the artists appearing there. Of course these artists are actual musicians so can't see Blue having these type of sessions any time soon with the likes of the Spice Girls.

Good be good for a spoof take off of course.

Yeah totally agree, I'm watching some more of the sessions - some 30 to get through.

I'm sort of designing a house so wondered which bits you liked. The double height main room is key I think and the exposed structural beams.

I liked Scritty Politti better.

Also, I was very upset when I bought a Greatest Hits H&O album in the 80s expecting it to contain the song 'Owner of a Lonely Heart', only to find that it's by the band Yes so wasn't on there (even though it sounds exactly like them).

And no it's not my fault, it's theirs! mad.gif

Why are some of them wearing sunglasses.... inside the house?

Because the sun always shines when you're cool.