House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Is There A Dept Of Justice 15K Job Loss Thread?

It's only a leaked letter so far. We used to get one of those every week by the spinners at No 10 under Brown.

Drivel too. A cut of 20% in the budget is automatically a 20% cut of staff according to the union, but of course it is.

Edited by deflation

It's only a leaked letter so far. We used to get one of those every week by the spinners at No 10 under Brown.

Drivel too. A cut of 20% in the budget is automatically a 20% cut of staff according to the union, but of course it is.

it's efficiency savings.

so taking the (possible) 180% efficiency down to 148%. still leaves the good old public workers a good 1 hour in 3 to waste.

it's efficiency savings.

so taking the (possible) 180% efficiency down to 148%. still leaves the good old public workers a good 1 hour in 3 to waste.

I heard its a 2 billion cut in their budget, I doubt you can slash like that without mass redundancy. I believe I heard on BBC news its equivilant to getting rid of the prison service.

I heard its a 2 billion cut in their budget, I doubt you can slash like that without mass redundancy. I believe I heard on BBC news its equivilant to getting rid of the prison service.

The M of J announced an intention to shut 1 in 3 of all courts. They have named those on a list to be chopped. It can only mean job losses on a large scale. It would be inevitable if you actually shut buildings and ask others to do the work anyway.

This will be the pattern throughout the public service and no amount of bleating will stop it. The police were bleating, but frankly they have bloated admin, rediculously low retirement age of 50 or 30 yrs service for a half pay pension. They need a good paperwork cull and a few contract changes to make it fair to the taxpayer. It is sad, but people tend not to find them very honourable in their dealings when they have contact with them and then they wonder why so many acquittals take place. It would be good if it could all turn out for the better. Instead of seeing public service as a gravy train trough, waiting for a pension no one in the private sector on same pay can get, there shopuld be an element of vocation and wanting to do a good job and then they will have their rightful respect back.

The M of J announced an intention to shut 1 in 3 of all courts. They have named those on a list to be chopped. It can only mean job losses on a large scale. It would be inevitable if you actually shut buildings and ask others to do the work anyway.

This will be the pattern throughout the public service and no amount of bleating will stop it. The police were bleating, but frankly they have bloated admin, rediculously low retirement age of 50 or 30 yrs service for a half pay pension. They need a good paperwork cull and a few contract changes to make it fair to the taxpayer. It is sad, but people tend not to find them very honourable in their dealings when they have contact with them and then they wonder why so many acquittals take place. It would be good if it could all turn out for the better. Instead of seeing public service as a gravy train trough, waiting for a pension no one in the private sector on same pay can get, there shopuld be an element of vocation and wanting to do a good job and then they will have their rightful respect back.

I suspect we could lose the entire Crown Prosecution Service and most of us would not know they had gone.

Looks like soon crime will be paying pretty well

Has been for a long time. Look at banking - outright fraud fro years, proven, exposed and not a single jailing.

In fact money has been thrown at them to keep them sweet.

Expect fiancial crimes of all sorts to rocket - no reason why the general public should not follow in their footsteps, the banksters have led by example.

Has been for a long time. Look at banking - outright fraud fro years, proven, exposed and not a single jailing.

In fact money has been thrown at them to keep them sweet.

Expect fiancial crimes of all sorts to rocket - no reason why the general public should not follow in their footsteps, the banksters have led by example.

The difference is, the general public will face serious jail time. If caught, of course.

The difference is, the general public will face serious jail time. If caught, of course.

Depends on the numbers.

Never befoer has public trust and belief been so thoroughly abused.

Edited by OnlyMe

Depends on the numbers.

Never befoer has public trust and belief been so thoroughly abused.

Agreed. But will it lead to massive civil disobedience? 

Agreed. But will it lead to massive civil disobedience? 

I think so. When the public realise they are paying immense levels of tax to fund bankrupt banks and can't even pay for the basics due to inflation.

I think so. When the public realise they are paying immense levels of tax to fund bankrupt banks and can't even pay for the basics due to inflation.

I'd like to think you were right, but we're talking about "being British" here! We don't do revolution..... :rolleyes:

There is a suggestion of 15000 jobs going in MOJ

Edited by bricor mortis

Justice has nothing to do with the Police. It is about the Courts, Prisons and Probation.

Dealing with criminals has been the second function of Government, after Defence of the Realm, since earliest times.

Conditions in our prisons are still disgusting. It is over 100 years since Britain seriously adressed its prison provision.

Reducing the number of prison places and Probation services, getting rid of ASBOs, just when Youth unemployment is soaring, will pin us against a wall of rising crime. The costs of such a rise in crime will stay with us for many years.

Cut, cut and cut again. The genie will not go back in the bottle.

Conditions in our prisons are still disgusting. It is over 100 years since Britain seriously adressed its prison provision.

Partly being devils advocate here, but given that we have high re-offending rates (2/3rds according to Google) maybe the prisons just aren't disgusting enough?