House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Detroit: Home Of The The 30K... Home

You have to pay very high property taxes in Detroit.

Bummer huh?

www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,1607,7-238-43535_43540---,00.html

This video link will explain. "This presentation explains why property taxes may increase while home prices are decreasing"

Edited by Money Spinner

You have to pay $6000/pa property taxes in Detroit.

Bummer huh?

£4000 a year? Multiply that by the last 40 years of my life, if I'm lucky... and I get 160K plus the original stake of 30K.

I'm not sure I can get a 4 bed detached with a double garage anywhere in the UK for that.

Plus I'd be earning interest on the 160K reserved for property tax.

And I could rent out the garage.

:D

http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,1607,7-238-43535_43540---,00.html

This video link will explain. "This presentation explains why property taxes may increase while home prices are decreasing"

I can see you've done your research. Well done.

Is there anywhere in the US worth buying? How about that Florida property they show in the article for around the same - 33K.

£4000 a year? Multiply that by the last 40 years of my life, if I'm lucky... and I get 160K plus the original stake of 30K.

I'm not sure I can get a 4 bed detached with a double garage anywhere in the UK for that.

LOL...quite true.

I stopped looking at US property sites a few months back cause it made me wanna get the **** out tha here ..which ain't easy unless I get a long term work gig thru my firm based over there..

I just simply stopped looking..some of what i saw available in Atl was quite frankly mind boggling for my bucks..property tax or not..

Work colleague went to Maryland for hols..break from the rat race..and told us what you'd get 'live' for your bucks in Maryland.. shocking..shocking and just shocking compared to UK..

Anyway I'm here thick or thin i think.... so.. i just stopped looking.

The property has accommodation comprising entrance hall, L shaped lounge, formal dining room and kitchen. To the first floor there are four bedrooms and a family bathroom. Benefits include gas radiator central heating, ground floor WC, front and rear gardens, ample off road parking and detached double garage.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16227969.html

Fill 'ya boots

The property has accommodation comprising entrance hall, L shaped lounge, formal dining room and kitchen. To the first floor there are four bedrooms and a family bathroom. Benefits include gas radiator central heating, ground floor WC, front and rear gardens, ample off road parking and detached double garage.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16227969.html

Fill 'ya boots

That house has a reverse tardis look, looks smaller on this inside! Lots of places have semi detached garages, didnt you know? :D

That house has a reverse tardis look, looks smaller on this inside! Lots of places have semi detached garages, didnt you know? :D

Kettering though... Mmmm. Kettering, Detroit, Kettering, Detroit... I just can't decide. And not in a good way.

Guest Noodle

Just for a laugh - show us a property round your way for that price...

Actually, you're probably looking at more than that for that type of house here now. A lot more. Likely double that now, costs have risen.

It is cheap. Got to wonder what's going on in these places for houses to be this cheap compared to those developing world. Scary. :ph34r:

http://www.isaan-properties.com/

http://www.isaanrealestate.com/

Edited by Noodle

I stopped looking at US property sites a few months back cause it made me wanna get the **** out tha here ..which ain't easy unless I get a long term work gig thru my firm based over there..

Sure property is cheap in the US because it's such a big land mass, but not a lot else is going for it as a place to live

Almost every state is either burning in the summer and/or freezing in the winter and/or subjected to tornadoes and hurricanes, holidays are about 1 week per year, no NHS, no decent tea, no cricket and that odd bloke you pass on the way to work each day is legally entitled to carry a gun.

Great place for a 2 week summer holiday - no way i'd live there.

Guest Noodle

Just for a laugh - show us a property round your way for that price...

Yep. Double.

Land and House Park Korat

Preukampai House

Two storey house (182 sq.m) on (67 sq.w) of land.

3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (separate dry and wet), living room, large dining room, large kitchen room, balcony, washing space , car park (2 cars) Price at 3,470,000 baht. (£70,000).

Actually, you're probably looking at more than that for that type of house here now. A lot more. Likely double that now, costs have risen.

It is cheap. Got to wonder what's going on in these places for houses to be this cheap compared to those developing world. Scary. :ph34r:

http://www.isaan-properties.com/

http://www.isaanrealestate.com/

Your looking at 70,00 - 100,000 euros for a shit hole hovel in Bizerte Medina you cannot get a house for 30k in Tunis maybe a garage or a animal shed.

no wonder the Moroccan expats are catching onto the scam now they come from the USA to retire only to find the houses are x times more expensive and half the size.

These developing nations are just pumped full of liquidity grants, development loans, corruption etc etc and this feeds into the top 5 percent (and stays there) and they just swap houses for fun.

Edited by Fromage Frais

Guest Noodle

Your looking at 70,00 - 100,000 euros for a shit hole hovel in Bierte Medina you cannot get a house for 30k in Tunis maybe a garage or a animal shed.

no wonder the Moroccan expats are catching onto the scam now they come from the USA to retire only to find the houses are x times more expensive and half the size.

These developing nations are just pumped full of liquidity grants, development loans, corruption etc etc and this feeds into the top 5 percent (and stays there) and they just swap houses for fun.

It's why most people live in concrete sheds (not unlike UK new builds). That said, there is little restriction up here on self-build, which is of course what we all do, me included.

That said, there are quite a few of those larger two storey houses going up in this area at the moment.