House Price Crash Forum
Bosh

Is It Not Obvious To Everyone?

Started to notice very similar topics to those posted just after the peak of 07.

You know when the shit is en-route to the fan when we see consistant media reporting of benefit cheats/scroungers. We have also started to see posts where reporters are asking first time buyers how tough life is and would you like to tell us your story.

The difference between now and back then was that we had a government telling us all is fine, nothing to see, carry on etc.. Prices crumpled but labour, as well documented flogged the dead horse and managed to restore some confidence to a lot of people by spraying perfume on the corpse with QE.

Today we have a government that is actually telling us that we are in deep doo doo. I`m no expert on the economy or predicting the future but my gut feeling (and this forum) have served me well and I have positioned myself accordingly (again).

Is it not obvious to everyone that this is the very beginning of the big correction and through association a pretty tough/difficult few years ahead? What can stop it?

I`m no tin hatter by the way and mine are just a couple of examples.

Bosh

Started to notice very similar topics to those posted just after the peak of 07.

You know when the shit is en-route to the fan when we see consistant media reporting of benefit cheats/scroungers. We have also started to see posts where reporters are asking first time buyers how tough life is and would you like to tell us your story.

The difference between now and back then was that we had a government telling us all is fine, nothing to see, carry on etc.. Prices crumpled but labour, as well documented flogged the dead horse and managed to restore some confidence to a lot of people by spraying perfume on the corpse with QE.

Today we have a government that is actually telling us that we are in deep doo doo. I`m no expert on the economy or predicting the future but my gut feeling (and this forum) have served me well and I have positioned myself accordingly (again).

Is it not obvious to everyone that this is the very beginning of the big correction and through association a pretty tough/difficult few years ahead? What can stop it?

Bosh

How do you type when you are bound down and folded over a bar with your trousers round your ankles?

p-o-p

How do you type when you are bound down and folded over a bar with your trousers round your ankles?

p-o-p

:P

Edited by Bosh

Bosh

+1

things should become clearer after that spending review.

just watching sky news and some agent in Birm called Dixons...advising vendors to drop price by 5% + .. drip drip drip..and then....... .time will tell..

Pity Birm is far from my my local...maybe there is some sanity alrerady up there

I think my neighbour has set me off on one. Prices are falling in the news now. Confidence is low.

He has two valuations on his property.

Agent 1. values at £900k (Local agent)

Agent 2. values at 1.2m :huh::lol: (Posh sods a few miles away)

Guess what? Bangs it on the market at 1.2m. I know the local agent and he is ok for snippets of info. Says at peak price he would have marketed at £950k and possibly 999k as a kite flyer.

No other house in my road as ever achieved more than 850k.

Yep, the general atmosphere is very similar. I expect we'll see the msm get worked up into more of a flury when we hit autumn/winter and the proper falls begin. Of course last time we had a government with an election to win and nothing to loose and a BofE with the option of dropping base rates to act as a safety net.