House Price Crash Forum

Blood Diamonds Bejiggery

Eric Blair

HOLA441

i had a quick read of the Sun in the cafe over my eggs on toast this morning and as i understand it naomi campbell is standing trial at the hague for taking illegal diamonds from some rich bloke with mia farrow the main witness for the prosecution. about time she had her collar felt.

what is an illegally-mined diamond anyway?

HOLA442
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

i had a quick read of the Sun in the cafe over my eggs on toast this morning and as i understand it naomi campbell is standing trial at the hague for taking illegal diamonds from some rich bloke with mia farrow the main witness for the prosecution. about time she had her collar felt.

One that De Beers didn't make any vig from.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Noodle

No she subpoena'd to the Hague to give evidence that Charles Taylor had given here blood diamonds as a gift. It's something to do with proving he used blood diamonds to finance his war in Liberia.

BBC

HOLA445
Guest Noodle

I too have half-watched this story and cannot for the life of me work out the exact crime being discussed.

Trying to prove Taylor had access to blood diamonds.

HOLA446

No she subpoena'd to the Hague to give evidence that Charles Taylor had given here blood diamonds as a gift. It's something to do with proving he used blood diamonds to finance his war in Liberia.

BBC

no no noodle. you've got it all wrong. it's clearly naomi that's on trial for crimes against humanity (and quite rightly too!). check the Sun's front page. there she is in the dock:

The Sun

HOLA447
Guest Noodle

no no noodle. you've got it all wrong. it's clearly naomi that's on trial for crimes against humanity (and quite rightly too!). check the Sun's front page. there she is in the dock:

The Sun

In an ideal world Eric, only in an ideal world. ;)

HOLA448
HOLA449

The Sun

she should be done for perjury imo, and accepting diamonds from scum like Taylor is pretty reprehensible

i've met her on a few occasions, she's a pretty nasty piece of work; never met anybody that has a good word to say about her

How extensive was the Sun's coverage of the death of Matt Simmons btw? ;)

HOLA4410

Does anybody else think it sad that a man is standing trial for genocide and we hear nothing about it in the news until a washed up coke snorting supermodel gets dragged in front of the court?

well the hague is such a disreputable court that i'm inclined to assume any defendant brought before it is innocent until proven otherwise

...except cambell, obviously.

HOLA4411
Guest Noodle

well the hague is such a disreputable court that i'm inclined to assume any defendant brought before it is innocent until proven otherwise

...except cambell, obviously.

I think they've just finished the Khmer Rouge trials in Phnom Penh, at $XXX,XXX,XXX (somewhere close to $500m) I think.

HOLA4412

she should be done for perjury imo, and accepting diamonds from scum like Taylor is pretty reprehensible

i've met her on a few occasions, she's a pretty nasty piece of work; never met anybody that has a good word to say about her

How extensive was the Sun's coverage of the death of Matt Simmons btw? ;)

Agreed she quite blatantly lied her **** off in dock as well. Also apparently it was an "inconvenience" that she was brought all that way to spout said ********. Don't they know who she is?

"Perjury dahling?"

Send her down.

HOLA4413
Guest Noodle

Agreed she quite blatantly lied her **** off in dock as well. Also apparently it was an "inconvenience" that she was brought all that way to spout said ********. Don't they know who she is?

"Perjury dahling?"

Send her down.

Fashionably late too.

This woman is just so last decade. It's makes for quite pathetic viewing.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

check the Sun's front page. there she is in the dock:

The Sun

Is that her agent with the manic, bog eyed expression?

I'm hoping she punches the judge. 5 years should do it. :)

HOLA4419
Guest X-QUORK

Fashionably late too.

This woman is just so last decade. It's makes for quite pathetic viewing.

She's truly one of the most unpleasant pieces of shit ever.

HOLA4420
Guest X-QUORK

I'd love that - she'd look awful after five years without facials, botox, her personal chef and her personal trainer.

I'm sure she'll still manage to receive a few facials.

HOLA4421

I'm sure she'll still manage to receive a few facials.

:lol:

The diamond trade is a fascinating one. As has already been said on this thread it's a cartel controlled by de Beers. The concept of diamond engagement rings and diamond eternity rings are all the work of the de Beers marketing department. Their aim is to create demand for their common little stones and artificially maintain a high price. Try and sell a diamond ring to a jeweller and see what it's really worth. The concept of 'blood diamonds' is just another bit of nonsense from de Beers. It's hardly as if they're peddling 'fairtrade' gems is it?

One of Israel's largest import categories from the EU and the UK is uncut gemstones, including diamonds. They are cut in Israel and their subsequent return to the EU represents one of Israel's largest export markets. If the EU really wanted to impose sanctions on Israel then diamonds would be a useful area to target. Fat chance of course. Perhaps they should have asked Naomi Campbell if she had any 'blood diamonds' that had been used to fund human rights abuses in the Middle East too.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It's the despicable Spanish trade in blood oranges that I want to see stopped - Now!!!

And the Bury "blood sausages"! :angry:

HOLA4425

Archived