House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

Fishing Holidays For Beginners

When I was recuperating from an operation not many moons ago, I spent my recovery days watching the fishing channel on the telly. Incredibly, it was very relaxing and it seems like a wonderful sport, even though I never previously saw the point.

So is there such a thing as a holiday that you can go on where you don't need to bring anything and everything is provided for you and you are taught all the basics?

If so, I'd love to go on one. Anyone ever done anything like this?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Try fly-fishing for trout, it's much more interesting than other types of fishing.

Try fly-fishing for trout, it's much more interesting than other types of fishing.

:lol:...beware the snake.

When I was recuperating from an operation not many moons ago, I spent my recovery days watching the fishing channel on the telly. Incredibly, it was very relaxing and it seems like a wonderful sport, even though I never previously saw the point.

So is there such a thing as a holiday that you can go on where you don't need to bring anything and everything is provided for you and you are taught all the basics?

If so, I'd love to go on one. Anyone ever done anything like this?

This looks nice.

http://www.sloveniaflyfishing.com/

However I'd have thought these were more up your street.

totalsatisfactionadultholidays.co.uk

http://www.fantasyadulttravel.com/dominican_republic.php

;)

This looks nice.

http://www.sloveniaflyfishing.com/

However I'd have thought these were more up your street.

totalsatisfactionadultholidays.co.uk

http://www.fantasyadulttravel.com/dominican_republic.php

;)

I'd like to take up fishing at some point. Sit and smoke my pipe by a canal doing nothing except talking to old codgers and maybe catching my supper. Peace and quiet away from the wife. (assuming I ever get married).

Not sure about that holiday resort though! Can someone explain what 'girlfriend experience' means? Does it mean a prossie who is also your companion for non-sex stuff like meals out, trips etc - which would seem reasonable to me as long as she was good company -or does it mean they really pretend to be your girlfriend in love with you? I saw the latter version on a documentary and it was VERY creepy.

I'd like to take up fishing at some point. Sit and smoke my pipe by a canal doing nothing except talking to old codgers and maybe catching my supper. Peace and quiet away from the wife. (assuming I ever get married).

Not sure about that holiday resort though! Can someone explain what 'girlfriend experience' means? Does it mean a prossie who is also your companion for non-sex stuff like meals out, trips etc - which would seem reasonable to me as long as she was good company -or does it mean they really pretend to be your girlfriend in love with you? I saw the latter version on a documentary and it was VERY creepy.

Not sure I'd eat anything caught in a canal !

As to Rofl's question - there are some good fishing breaks down here in Cornwall - if you like sea fishing that is - or the cheapest option is self book accomodation and book yourself on day trips from the many many providers in most Cornish harbours - they charge per person per day and will supply all the kit and cabboodle for a minimal cost. be a little bit selective and go for a skipper that allows you to keep all of the catch that you want - some do mandatory catch and release and some do skipper keeps all - ask before you buy .

Personally I go out from Looe and Mevagissy and agree with the skipper before each trip that I will keep my choice of the catch for home consumption

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Perhaps she supplies you with a selection of Chernobyl crabs?

I was cycling along Swansea sea-front yesterday and there were loads of boys sat on the sea-front benches with their rods out... :blink:

Thing is, the tide was not in for 2 hours so they had their roads out on the sand... they were just chilling...

I don't find boat-fishing relaxing as it can have a variety of anxieties... mainly because you catch bigger fish...

But sea angling from rocks and beach can be very chilling... and great for upper body exercise... but course angling in lakes and rivers is probably the most chilling... I have never tried fly fishing which always looks being constantly on the go to me... and expensive...

Spinning for mackerel in the summer can be very relaxing either from shore or from boat.

Plenty of angling clubs in the UK so perhaps contact one and ask if you can ire some kit, go along and try it. I am sure there will be plenty of blokes willing to teach you how to do it...

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/breaks/index.htm

http://www.fishermencottages.co.uk/

Thanks for the tips. I guess it would probably serve me better if I did most of the learning before going on holiday.

So I have heard that there is a fishing shop near me and I have seen people fishing in the large canals round here (I live a bit further out from the horseshoe rings in the centre of Amsterdam).

I will find out what I need to catch whatever is here. Guess I will get a regular rod and reel. Eventually though, I would love to put on some waders and do some fly fishing. Dunno what it is but fly fishing seems more natural to me. Just a stick and a string with a hook on it. No modern, manufactured winch type reel thing on it.

Can't wait to ride my bike to the canal, get out my deck chair and chill out with a few beers and a joint. :)

Thanks for the tips. I guess it would probably serve me better if I did most of the learning before going on holiday.

So I have heard that there is a fishing shop near me and I have seen people fishing in the large canals round here (I live a bit further out from the horseshoe rings in the centre of Amsterdam).

I will find out what I need to catch whatever is here. Guess I will get a regular rod and reel. Eventually though, I would love to put on some waders and do some fly fishing. Dunno what it is but fly fishing seems more natural to me. Just a stick and a string with a hook on it. No modern, manufactured winch type reel thing on it.

Can't wait to ride my bike to the canal, get out my deck chair and chill out with a few beers and a joint. :)

Sounds as if you need to sit on a dyke and stick your rod out! :blink:

Sounds as if you need to sit on a dyke and stick your rod out! :blink:

I think they all left last week when Gay Pride finished :D