House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alan B'Stard MP

Charge On Houses

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

If I put a charge on a house - can I have the that charge put in % terms - or can it only be a nominal charge?

Thanks in advance,

If I put a charge on a house - can I have the that charge put in % terms - or can it only be a nominal charge?

Thanks in advance,

well, banks put a % on in the great "get a free loan in exchange for equity" scam.

So, I suppose yes you could.

well, banks put a % on in the great "get a free loan in exchange for equity" scam.

So, I suppose yes you could.

Are you suggesting I'm a scam artist or a bank - or heaven forbid (if such a monstrosity exists) , BOTH !

Thanks in advance,

You charge a property to secure a debt and as such it means that if you default on the debt then the charge-holder gets paid first upon the sale of the house. This may or may not cover his debt and may or may not leave you with a residual amount.

I don't think that a charge can be a specific percentage of the property. If you wanted to do that you would have to register the other party as a joint owner as a Tenant in Common (as opposd to Joint Tenants) and specify in what percentages you each hold it.

You charge a property to secure a debt and as such it means that if you default on the debt then the charge-holder gets paid first upon the sale of the house. This may or may not cover his debt and may or may not leave you with a residual amount.

I don't think that a charge can be a specific percentage of the property. If you wanted to do that you would have to register the other party as a joint owner as a Tenant in Common (as opposd to Joint Tenants) and specify in what percentages you each hold it.

Thanks, seven of nine.

Thanks, seven of nine.

Just out of interest, what is it your are doing? Are you securing a loan against your own property or trying to charge the property of someone who owes you?