House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Retail Sales Collapsing --Welcome Double Dip

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-retail-sales-growth-slows-in-july-as-confidence-falters-tele-f8329b2c1425.html?x=0

UK retail sales growth slows in July as confidence falters
Angela Monaghan, 13:38, Tuesday 10 August 2010
Growth in UK retail sales slowed in July as consumers in fear of job cuts and worsening income prospects shied away from major purchases..../
The marked slowdown in retail sales in July will come as a surprise to economists
and will reinforce the view supported by other July business surveys that the UK recovery is faltering.

Surprise surprise! :lol:

Just the beginning and the early sign of the double dip that beckons before winter sets in.

Bit inconvenient in a way to those who think they will be able to charge more for their goods! Collapsing demand and price hikes are like warring cousins--they just don't belong together.

I just took the plunge and bought a 37" LCD, 100hz upper end Panasonic for 464. Cheap.

Edited by Realistbear

Sorry RB, you've lost me. COLLAPSING you say? Please explain. I can only find a slow down in the rate of growth. And they've tried to strip out some of the growth to give a like for like figure based on sales from the same floor space.

Of course it would be crazy to count sales from additional shops - let's ignore new stores and employment creation eh?

I know we all want to see houseprices drop, but please point out which part of this article gives you what we want.

Sorry RB, you've lost me. COLLAPSING you say? Please explain. I can only find a slow down in the rate of growth. And they've tried to strip out some of the growth to give a like for like figure based on sales from the same floor space.

Of course it would be crazy to count sales from additional shops - let's ignore new stores and employment creation eh?

I know we all want to see houseprices drop, but please point out which part of this article gives you what we want.

No collapse happens instantaneoulsy. Its a process--we are in the process of collapsing. :D

Slowing sales--slowing manufacturing--less jobs--mortgage arrears: CRASH.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-retail-sales-growth-slows-in-july-as-confidence-falters-tele-f8329b2c1425.html?x=0

UK retail sales growth slows in July as confidence falters
Angela Monaghan, 13:38, Tuesday 10 August 2010
Growth in UK retail sales slowed in July as consumers in fear of job cuts and worsening income prospects shied away from major purchases..../
The marked slowdown in retail sales in July will come as a surprise to economists
and will reinforce the view supported by other July business surveys that the UK recovery is faltering.

Surprise surprise! :lol:

Just the beginning and the early sign of the double dip that beckons before winter sets in.

Bit inconvenient in a way to those who think they will be able to charge more for their goods! Collapsing demand and price hikes are like warring cousins--they just don't belong together.

I just took the plunge and bought a 37" LCD, 100hz upper end Panasonic for 464. Cheap.

My dad just bought the same TV on Amazon for 379.

Started getting the odd 40-50% off (inc. already discounted goods) "Any-excuse Anniversary" offers from posh companies like Meyer(Anolon/Prestige)

Amazon have started to deeply discount goods at random - like they were roughly 2 years ago!

Edited by erranta

I have noticed that some threads start "Apologies if this has been posted already..........."

Perhaps you could start yours with "Apologies if Realist Bear is posting this later..........."

Clarity of meaning is everything when it is just dots on a screen. It would be helpful if readers understood the status of the thread. (Heads up, irrational individual thinking, copy cat etc)

p-o-p

If the axis of debt (US, UK) starts printing again, there'll be a feeding frenzy. All credibility will've been lost.

Edited by gruffydd

Which one? They make 11 different models in the 37 inch range.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-L37S20B-37-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B003H4QMO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281459685&sr=8-1

Panasonic TX-L37S20B 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD TV with Freeview HD
by Panasonic
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
Price: £755.44
In stock.
Edited by Realistbear

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-L37S20B-37-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B003H4QMO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281459685&sr=8-1

Panasonic TX-L37S20B 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD TV with Freeview HD
by Panasonic
In stock.

Didn't want an LED one?

by Panasonic
In stock.

Not that one the HD ready one. You must remember to keep mentioning "Full HD, you know" to everyone you tell about it or they will think it was the cheap one and that you are not keeping up with the Joneses.

Edit: Also my apols because I did not see you said LCD as well.

Edited by ralphmalph

RB - why doff you persist in posting such embellished and dramatic titles to your threads? It's getting to the point where I can't be arsed reading your stuff. Which is a shame as sometimes you have something worth talking about.

Pleases just stick to the facts.