House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCoy

Is Western Heading To A Madmax Scenario?

Hi all,

since this crisis began I noticed that pessimism is increasing among population. Many people think that things are far from improving but we are heading to a new scenario where western way of life is seriously threatened instead. I mean:

• Collapse of social services such as public health care
  • Soaring prices in food and utilities
  • Petrol shortage in medium term
  • Really high criminality
  • weakened state
  • etc...

Do you think this could actually happen and we should get ready for this?

It will be more like "Escape from LA".

Criminals and other desirables will be penned into a free-for-all type mini-state.

Hi all,

since this crisis began I noticed that pessimism is increasing among population. Many people think that things are far from improving but we are heading to a new scenario where western way of life is seriously threatened instead. I mean:

• weakened state

• etc...

Have you tried the main forum? You would get 50000000000000000000000000000000 responses, mainly explaining how you are underestimating the situation.

Have you tried the main forum? You would get 50000000000000000000000000000000 responses, mainly explaining how you are underestimating the situation.

Nope, I tried to post it here because I wasn't sure this topic was appropriate for the main forum. Don't know whether the thread can be moved though....

Nope, I tried to post it here because I wasn't sure this topic was appropriate for the main forum. Don't know whether the thread can be moved though....

Don't worry about it!

It's just the main forum has something of a reputation for being slightly more dramatic and pessimistic than selected parts of the 'Book of Revelation'. They would lap this up.

It might drag a few peeps from the main forum down to the depths though............ :ph34r:

I "could" see it happening to a certain degree, however i don't think we are about to become the next zimbabwe. Doing things like getting out of debt and trying to work out an escape plan of sorts.

I like to create scenarios of inflation/deflation hyper inflation, interest rate raises, lack of job, homelessness and try to have some kind of protection however small, if it really does get to a state of total chaos and a complete breakdown of society i guess we are all just screwed.

We are doomed.

If we avoid being doomed by some miracle or fraud, then we are truly fecked.

If we aren't truly fecked, then in the long run we are all dead.

Buy gold.

Protect yourselves.

Its the apocalypse! Grab yourself a tin foil hat and a thousand cans of baked beans and get ready for complete breakdown of western society.

Hi all,

• weakened state

• etc...

I think Mad max is a bit doomsterish, i dont think its that bad, it will be more James Herbert, Domain

I think Mad max is a bit doomsterish, i dont think its that bad, it will be more James Herbert, Domain

Domain was a post-nuclear-war-apocalyptic scenario, with killer rats.

Mad Max was a romp through the Australian outback, with a pre-jew-hating Mel Gibson in a fast car.

I know which one I'd prefer.

Its the apocalypse! Grab yourself a tin foil hat and a thousand cans of baked beans and get ready for complete breakdown of western society.

Caches of beans are stupid, what you want is a hunting bow and a small cache of food, after a week you can come out of your bunker and hunt humans for meat. Arrows are reusable can be easily manufactured and are almost completely silent and exceptionally lethal.

Domain was a post-nuclear-war-apocalyptic scenario, with killer rats.

Mad Max was a romp through the Australian outback, with a pre-jew-hating Mel Gibson in a fast car.

I know which one I'd prefer.

The rats were just misunderstood, they just needed a bit of TLC

Caches of beans are stupid, what you want is a hunting bow and a small cache of food, after a week you can come out of your bunker and hunt humans for meat. Arrows are reusable can be easily manufactured and are almost completely silent and exceptionally lethal.

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads again.

I hope this doesn't turn into one of those threads again.

What a uber survivalista thread? Or a cooking thread?

I mean nothing beats fried knee caps in custard or a nice speen saute'd in brandy and cream with some fava beans and a nice shot of cognac :P

It will be more like "Escape from LA".

Criminals and other desirables will be penned into a free-for-all type mini-state.

Escape from Canvey Island ;)

It'll be a bit more like "A Clockwork Orange".

We'll all be wearing futuristic thermo-suits with white codpieces to stop ourselves freezing and we'll have a cool new hybrid language and culture. Unfortunately, we'll also be extremely violent and sociopathic at the same time.

All in all, just a "step up" from where we are today.

It'll be a bit more like "A Clockwork Orange".

We'll all be wearing futuristic thermo-suits with white codpieces to stop ourselves freezing and we'll have a cool new hybrid language and culture. Unfortunately, we'll also be extremely violent and sociopathic at the same time.

All in all, just a "step up" from where we are today.

Was that in the book? As I don't recall that from the film, the book has been rotting on my shelf for quite some time now having been way laid by Chuck Paluniak

Nah, most Brits are too stupid/bone idle to know how to change the oil or tyres on their interceptors to have a mad max type scenario. More likely theyll just wither away and starve to death whilst watching eastenders on the gogglebox.

Nah, most Brits are too stupid/bone idle to know how to change the oil or tyres on their interceptors to have a mad max type scenario. More likely theyll just wither away and starve to death whilst watching eastenders on the gogglebox.

Nah it'll be like Mad max 3, those who can will be kings while all who can't will be thralls to them.

I've been giving a thought on that and these are a few ideas I came up with:

-Get out of the city. Crime will soar in towns and cities so you better get a house out of town and try to stay out of trouble

-A small vegetable garden and a water well may come in handy

-Tin tuna can can last forever and is rich in high quality proteins

-A gun to defend your land and yourself

What a uber survivalista thread? Or a cooking thread?

I mean nothing beats fried knee caps in custard or a nice speen saute'd in brandy and cream with some fava beans and a nice shot of cognac :P

I would definitely bet for tin tuna. It can last for years, it's cheap, and high quality protein would be harder to get in those conditions.

On top of that, it tastes good :P

I've been giving a thought on that and these are a few ideas I came up with:

-Get out of the city. Crime will soar in towns and cities so you better get a house out of town and try to stay out of trouble

-A small vegetable garden and a water well may come in handy

-Tin tuna can can last forever and is rich in high quality proteins

-A gun to defend your land and yourself

This thread is sooooooo 2007 ;)

Guest theboltonfury

Hi all,

• weakened state

• etc...

I am not panicing until someone takes away my X5, home jacuzzi, jet-ski, 176 inch Plasma, timeshare at Centerparcs and diamond encrusted iPad.