House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Penbat Of Www.bullyeq.com

Hi I work in the computer industry. After I was treated very badly at one computer company, I thoroughly researched on the internet to understand what was going on and I discovered that I had been badly bullied. I then came to realise that several other unpleasant people I had met in the past had been bullies - so a great deal made sense. I have done a lot of research into bullying and developed a website on this subject ( http://www.bullyeq.com ). I then realised what a major problem bullying is as it is widespread throughout our culture and society. It is often ignored as a problem by politicians as they bully themselves.

Spin is a form of manipulation and deceit which is typical bully behaviour.

It is bullies who screw the world up. If we had no bullies in the world we would have something approaching utopia.

As regards UK housing, I bought a horrible flat in London N16 in 1987 - couldn't stand it as it had no sound proofing and had mice running around - so I found a squat (a block on a council estate that had been empty for years) which was nicer to live in and I sold the flat. Currently living with parents and trying to save enough money to emigrate and retire to Bulgaria where you can buy a country villa with loads of land (including fruit trees) for around £9,000.

Unfortunately, Sell To Squat (STS) is probably not a realistic option these days as I think it is difficult to get the electricity supply switched on and in some situations the law has been tightened up.

Edited by penbat1

Guest Daddy Bear
Hi I work in the computer industry. After I was treated very badly at one computer company, I thoroughly researched on the internet to understand what was going on and I discovered that I had been badly bullied. I then came to realise that several other unpleasant people I had met in the past had been bullies - so a great deal made sense. I have done a lot of research into bullying and developed a website on this subject ( http://www.bullyeq.com ).  I then realised what a major problem bullying is as it is widespread throughout our culture and society. It is often ignored as a problem by politicians as they bully themselves.

Spin is a form of manipulation and deceit which is typical bully behaviour.

It is bullies who screw the world up. If we had no bullies in the world we would have something approaching utopia.

As regards UK housing, I bought a horrible flat in London N16 in 1987 - couldn't stand it as it had no sound proofing and had mice running around - so I  found a squat (a block on a council estate that had been empty for years) which was nicer to live in and I sold the flat. Currently living with parents and trying to save enough money to emigrate and retire to Bulgaria where you can buy a country villa with loads of land (including fruit trees) for around £9,000.

Unfortunately, Sell To Squat (STS) is probably not a realistic option these days as I think it is difficult to get the electricity supply switched on and in some situations the law has been tightened up.

"Currently living with parents and trying to save enough money to emigrate and retire to Bulgaria where you can buy a country villa with loads of land (including fruit trees) for around £9,000."

And you hate bullying? Don't you think you are treating the local Bulgarians who are on a lot smaller wage then you with a bullies mentality - I'm richer i'll exploit your cheap housing market and take MY cut! Forcing them to live in squats or with their parents. Sounds to me like you are just looking for the easiest route to sloth and you don't care who YOU bully.

If you had kept that flat in north london - how much do you think it would have been worth 12 months ago?

Just my humble opinion...

DB

"Currently living with parents and trying to save enough money to emigrate and retire to Bulgaria where you can buy a country villa with loads of land (including fruit trees) for around £9,000."

And you hate bullying? Don't you think you are treating the local Bulgarians who are on a lot smaller wage then you with a bullies mentality - I'm richer i'll exploit your cheap housing market and take MY cut! Forcing them to live in squats or with their parents. Sounds to me like you are just looking for the easiest route to sloth and you don't care who YOU bully.

If you had kept that flat in north london - how much do you think it would have been worth 12 months ago?

Just my humble opinion...

DB

Hi mate. Thanks for replying. To take your last point first. Yes with hindsight yes it was a shame I felt I had to sell it but I just couldnt live in it and I was sure one of the floors was concave and it was just a liability. Mind you it could have been worse because not long afterwards negative equity reared its ugly head. Negative equity caused major problems for example I worked with one guy who was still bankrupt 10 years later because of being forced to sell up wiith negative equity.

Regarding Bulgaria - yes I am well aware of the point you are raising - in Turkey, for example, the indiginous population are getting very fed up with Brits buying up all their property. But your point is probably less of an issue in Bulgaria than any country I can think of. In the countryside in Bulgaria there are a huge number of villas for sale. This is because the Bulgarian population is either migrating to the towns or emigrating to other countries in search of work as unemployment is high. The population of Bulgaria is only about 6 million and is decreasing by a few percent every year in spite of foreigners settling there. Quite frequently properties are sold for a higher prices to foreigners than to fellow Bulgarians. But anyway Bulgarian village dwellers appreciate the money raised by being able to sell them. Obviously the villages in Bulgaria are a viable place to live for retirement or as a holiday home but not if you need to find work there. Also tourism from foreigners is now one of Bulgaria's major sources of income and wealth. Bulgarian tourism is most prevalent close to the Black Sea.

Edited by penbat1