House Price Crash Forum

Radio 5 Talking About The Housing Market(Phone In)

easily done, but probably not within copyright.

All,

I have downloaded the whole two hour programme as an mp3 file. Anyone that want's a copy, PM me (if I can find it) and I'll email it out to anyone that would like it.

Dilbert B)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

I hope it causes acquisitiveness, additionally a big increase in first-timers to this forum (even join and get involved)

When the sleeping public wake to the mess we are in, they will start looking for the answers.

So best behaviour from you lot, when juicy Lucy comes crying it not my fault. rolleyes.gif

TB, were you the bloke who was on just before the 11.00 news? (and accused SN of being gullible laugh.gif )

I've recorded the programme off Iplayer using Audacity (free download) and I'm only halfway through it.

Have to say that I never knew good schools immunized local houses from dropping in value. rolleyes.gif

The show is rekindling my anger at this whole sorry episode - disgraceful and despicable greed. When you hear stupid upper clarrsss women saying "I just HAD to have it, so I overbid by $$$$ (I wonder who's shouldering the bill for that? dry.gif)it reminds me how much of a "grabbing, me, me, me" culture we are in

Have to say that I never knew good schools immunized local houses from dropping in value. rolleyes.gif

The show is rekindling my anger at this whole sorry episode - disgraceful and despicable greed. When you hear stupid upper clarrsss women saying "I just HAD to have it, so I overbid by $ (I wonder who's shouldering the bill for that? dry.gif)it reminds me how much of a "grabbing, me, me, me" culture we are in

You've clearly never been anywhere near South Farnham then?! Full of sh!tty yummymummys who "simply have to have it all, darling," with bw@nker / Big Four Accounting or Consulting hubbies who'll pick up the tab, even though most of their wives are screwing the gardener or the pool"boy"

As you say - disgraceful, despicable, "sod you I'm alright" greed. Coupled with complete and utter economic and financial illiteracy.

The sooner it comes crashing down the better - then maybe we can all talk about something else, over grub at someone else's house...

B :angry:

Just listened to this bad boy.

Timebandit you are an absolute legend. Brilliantly played sir and credit to Nolan for letting you speak the cold harsh truth. I was shocked at how humble and balanced Nolan was. And as for the bloke that enunciated the Anatomy of a Bubble on national radio, I genuflect.

The best and worst of Britain on show on that phone-in.

You've clearly never been anywhere near South Farnham then?! Full of sh!tty yummymummys who "simply have to have it all, darling," with bw@nker / Big Four Accounting or Consulting hubbies who'll pick up the tab, even though most of their wives are screwing the gardener or the pool"boy"

As you say - disgraceful, despicable, "sod you I'm alright" greed. Coupled with complete and utter economic and financial illiteracy.

The sooner it comes crashing down the better - then maybe we can all talk about something else, over grub at someone else's house...

B mad.gif

There's nothing more off-putting in this world than a gold digger with a "because I'm worth it" attitude.

Is it just a British thing or has this virus spread round the world?

Timebandit you are an absolute legend. Brilliantly played sir and credit to Nolan for letting you speak the cold harsh truth. I was shocked at how humble and balanced Nolan was. And as for the bloke that enunciated the Anatomy of a Bubble on national radio, I genuflect.

Yes, timebandit is indeed a star worthy of note.

I thought that Nolan made fair use of BBC broadcast time to give peeps a chance to speak, good on him.

'Genuflect', I have not seen that word used for a while..it does rather suit.

Heppi daze

Thanks Kazuya.

I tried to PMM "Dilbert" to request the MP3, but it seems s/he isn't able to use the PM system...

Dilbert, if you're able to do that please can you post the linky here as soon as reasonably poss?

Cheers.

B

Hopefully someone on here can figure out how to save the Nolan radio 5 thing for posterity.

It ought to be prescribed reading for, well, everyone.

+ 1

Hopefully someone on here can figure out how to save the Nolan radio 5 thing for posterity.

It ought to be prescribed reading for, well, everyone.

I recorded the audio stream last night and this morning edited out all the news, sport, traffic reports and none-HPC content. It's now a lean 1 hour and 12 minutes of pure HPC bear food (and the odd jingle).

Once the iPlayer broadcast has expired and is no longer available from the BBC (ostensibly lost forever, just like a 'decent' copy of the BBC2 Mortgage Madness video <_< ) I'm going to upload it to YouTube for all our long-term embedding and social networking requirements.

Copyright wise, I can't see the BBC selling many DVDs off the back of it and as a public broadcaster I would suggest that it's in the public's interest to make this available for as long as is humanly possible. Understandably, the BBC does not have the capacity to host everything it broadcasts forever so when they can no longer do so YouTube will take over. If anything we're doing them and the British people a favour. It most certainly informs, educates and entertains.

This broadcast is essential listening for all current and future generations as a warning against the VIs and multi-million pound industries that steer and entice young people, and delude older ones, into a lifetime of debt servitude and financial suicide.

Thanks to timebandit for bringing the show to our attention and his outstanding contribution to the discussion. I enjoyed every minute of it and it was good to finally hear common sense prevail.

I saw a comment earlier about a thick northerner (the guy from Derby?).

He was thick but no more so than the two cut glass vowel women who bought their "gorgeous, must have, english country cottages" at a stupid price.

If you're going to be thick, be thick with the right accent

My link

The phone in is even being discussed in the Telegraph!

Indeed it is, and the comments are open for non-moderated additions. Can't believe I got quite such a rant in there, but mustn't complain.

It even let me post the I-Player link, so people now don't even have to come here, to hear the Nolan show for themselves.

Fill yer boots folks - this little bit of HPC PR has some mileage in it yet.

And please don't leave me all over there on my little lonesome, getting savaged by the EA's I just goaded :)

B

This property developer / investor is making an excellent contribution.

"Available credit", "greed", "the media"... brilliant.

And I was quoting you :D

Go Dave must be HPCER

That last caller Dave certainly knew his stuff....gave a brief synopsis of HPC thinking using the same terminology. Never listen to the VI, your mate in the pub and MSM look around you read the writing on the wall, follow your own gut instincts and common sense......very good at gardening aswell I hear. ;)

That last caller Dave certainly knew his stuff....gave a brief synopsis of HPC thinking using the same terminology. Never listen to the VI, your mate in the pub and MSM look around you read the writing on the wall, follow your own gut instincts and common sense......very good at gardening aswell I hear. ;)

The guy who basically described the "psychology of a bubble" chart we all know, was a BTL though. He mentions buying hundreds of properties and then "weeding" out the rubbish with debt on it.

I still consider him BTL scum, even if he does understand it.

The guy who basically described the "psychology of a bubble" chart we all know, was a BTL though. He mentions buying hundreds of properties and then "weeding" out the rubbish with debt on it.

I agree that it is wrong that banks and the government have assisted the BTL 'money for nothing, my rental properties are quick easy cash spending money, and my long term pension money' thinking...

The banks with the cheap easy credit that will secure further lending and the governments with AST and tax breaks...the governments and the people within them hold BTLs themselves so they have their own VI they also encourage BTL because they need private rented accommodation to replace LA housing that is now virtually non existent.

I don't blame the people that bought and sold at the right time....I blame the powers that made it possible, creating a house price bubble and pricing many out of the market so forced to rent from the BTLer that held all the cards. (until now). ;)

You'll never stop real chancers like him and we probably shouldn't even try. But if you avoid policies designed to prop up and bail them out, their numbers will dwindle.

I recorded the audio stream last night and this morning edited out all the news, sport, traffic reports and none-HPC content. It's now a lean 1 hour and 12 minutes of pure HPC bear food (and the odd jingle).

Once the iPlayer broadcast has expired and is no longer available from the BBC (ostensibly lost forever, just like a 'decent' copy of the BBC2 Mortgage Madness video <_< ) I'm going to upload it to YouTube for all our long-term embedding and social networking requirements.

Copyright wise, I can't see the BBC selling many DVDs off the back of it and as a public broadcaster I would suggest that it's in the public's interest to make this available for as long as is humanly possible. Understandably, the BBC does not have the capacity to host everything it broadcasts forever so when they can no longer do so YouTube will take over. If anything we're doing them and the British people a favour. It most certainly informs, educates and entertains.

This broadcast is essential listening for all current and future generations as a warning against the VIs and multi-million pound industries that steer and entice young people, and delude older ones, into a lifetime of debt servitude and financial suicide.

Thanks to timebandit for bringing the show to our attention and his outstanding contribution to the discussion. I enjoyed every minute of it and it was good to finally hear common sense prevail.

Excellent idea.

And thank you very much for the editing. That show's messy format was indeed very annoying.

IIRC, there are ways to download and save YouTube content. If so, as soon as you publish it there, many of us will be able to download it, and save copies of it. Then, if the BBc takes your copy down, others could pop-up. Right?