House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Radio 5 Talking About The Housing Market(Phone In)

Unfortunately, that Nolan 'does my head in.' He got badly burnt on BTL in N. Ireland I believe so he may be a bit bearish, you never know, but I doubt it.

Unfortunately, that Nolan 'does my head in.' He got badly burnt on BTL in N. Ireland I believe so he may be a bit bearish, you never know, but I doubt it.

He's as bearish as the BBC would allow him to be. He often invited Jonathan D who would (as usual in his harsh style) explode with bearishness on air.

Thumbs up!

He's as bearish as the BBC would allow him to be. He often invited Jonathan D who would (as usual in his harsh style) explode with bearishness on air.

Thumbs up!

Yep! Jonathan on air again. There's going to be a punch-up!!!

Boxing.jpg

Posted my comment:

Once upon a time a graduate engineer such as myself could get a decent home for 3.5x income - but I will soon be leaving this country for another where quality of life is better and homes are more affordable. The simple thing is this: house prices are FAR too expensive and it is THAT which is ruining the economy. I say the recovery happens when they fall, not rise.

And come on - do you expect them to rise forever? So a one-bed flat will soon be a million pounds? I think not...

(P.S. I'm not about to leave too soon - it's just a way of saying 'screw you UK')

Edited by guitarman001

Is that text from the Swansea area from a poster on here? Asking prices 60% above 2007.

Even this RICS report is being over-reacted to slightly, if you believe that 64% of those surveyed said prices hadn't gone up or down!

http://www.rics.org/site/download_feed.aspx?fileID=7173&fileExtension=PDF

Edited by deflation

Posted my comment:

Once upon a time a graduate engineer such as myself could get a decent home for 3.5x income - but I will soon be leaving this country for another where quality of life is better and homes are more affordable. The simple thing is this: house prices are FAR too expensive and it is THAT which is ruining the economy. I say the recovery happens when they fall, not rise.

And come on - do you expect them to rise forever? So a one-bed flat will soon be a million pounds? I think not...

Well done they read that one out!