House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

King Fisher Airlines?

Checking flights the uber cheapest is King fisher by a good £50 compared to Qatar (ok but there is a 10 hour stop in Doha which is a shit hole)...

Thing is I've never heard of such an airline other than it is Indian....

Considering my mate has flown indian where the doors were PADLOCKED shut and the seats were missing half the bolts... this gives cause for concern...

So anybody used them before? If it were not for the fires in Moscow or the issue with bike importation I'd ride it or take the train.

I used them a couple of times on a recent trip to India. They seemed well run and efficient; the plane was in good condition and on time. I believe they are part of a big drive by one of India's billionaires to create a western-style airline to lure wealthy Indian businessmen away from the railways.

NB not sure if you're aware but Indian airports have strict entry security. Most will have one of those Dad's Army special constable types on the door who won't let you in unless you have a ticket or printout, so if it's a ticketless flight make sure you print something off the net.

I used them a couple of times on a recent trip to India. They seemed well run and efficient; the plane was in good condition and on time. I believe they are part of a big drive by one of India's billionaires to create a western-style airline to lure wealthy Indian businessmen away from the railways.

NB not sure if you're aware but Indian airports have strict entry security. Most will have one of those Dad's Army special constable types on the door who won't let you in unless you have a ticket or printout, so if it's a ticketless flight make sure you print something off the net.

Doesn't sound very good, since there is a 12 hour stop over in India....