House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Economic Fears Rise As House Prices Dip

First decline in a year, says surveyors’ report

http://www.ft.com/

The Midlands, Wales and the north of England saw the biggest falls, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors reports on Tuesday. These areas are more dependent on public spending and likely to suffer disproportionately from budget cuts.

You have to register to read it.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

First decline in a year, says surveyors’ report

http://www.ft.com/

You have to register to read it.

And therein lies the conundrumical problem!

Its all over the news this week. Last week it was no double dip, house prices to soar (Express) and resiliance in the job market.

This week the bears will be well fed.

I am continuing to see big drops my way--might be buying by Crimbo as renting is getting a bit tiresome. Its been 7 years.

And therein lies the conundrumical problem!

Its all over the news this week. Last week it was no double dip, house prices to soar (Express) and resiliance in the job market.

This week the bears will be well fed.

I am continuing to see big drops my way--might be buying by Crimbo as renting is getting a bit tiresome. Its been 7 years.

:o crimbo? This will take at least a year or two to play out...surely after all this time you aren't going to capitulate and throw away hard fought for cash and savings? For RB to buy at the beginning of the next leg down is a bit like Churchill patting everyone on the back after Dunkirk and saying "well done, better luck next time...we'll leave the war to the yanks from now."

I've been renting for 7 years too, and I am seeing the odd property round my way that seems tempting, but I bought when i thought the last crash was over...it was only half way through and I lost money (not a huge amount). Hang in there!

House prices stagnating / falling is entirely expected and inline with the real data coming out. This is barely news at all. They will continue to fall slowly as interest rates rise back to normal levels in the next few years. This is unavoidable.

This and reducing the size of the public sector will be very good for the economy in the long term.

This and reducing the size of the public sector will be very good for the economy in the long term.

but but the headline says "Economic Fears Rise As House Prices Dip".

Dipping & banking do not mix.

Weren't we here 3 years ago?

I can see where all this is going

The estate agents want a bail out.

We demand action to save the housing market because it is key to the economy.

For gods sake wont anybody think of the first time buyers.

For gods sake wont anybody think of the first time buyers.

Sorry not yet. Commercial real estate owners come before FTBs

I've been renting for 7 years too, and I am seeing the odd property round my way that seems tempting, but I bought when i thought the last crash was over...it was only half way through and I lost money (not a huge amount). Hang in there!

I guess with timeframes like 7 years, you have to think about how much time you have spent on this site, finding rental accommodation and moving in/out, searching rightmove, propertybee, etc for falls, visiting auctions, etc. etc. if you price that time up at your usual hourly/daily rate, then think about how much you will save by sitting things out for another 7 years...

I guess with timeframes like 7 years, you have to think about how much time you have spent on this site, finding rental accommodation and moving in/out, searching rightmove, propertybee, etc for falls, visiting auctions, etc. etc. if you price that time up at your usual hourly/daily rate, then think about how much you will save by sitting things out for another 7 years...

I've rented for the last 7 years, and lived in three houses. each one, for a job move.

Renting has made it much much easier and cheaper to relocate across the country each time, meaning it has been straightforward to get the plum jobs (in addition, my new employers paid the relocation costs, meaning my moves have all cost... nothing).

Economic fears rise...present tense

the RICS reports and buying reality....last six months.

surely those who earn their living in Economics see things TODAY and predict Tommorrow....or am I giving them too much credit?

or am I giving them too much credit?

Sod the Ethex, BL has become a banker :(

but who could blame him?

I've rented for the last 7 years, and lived in three houses. each one, for a job move.

Renting has made it much much easier and cheaper to relocate across the country each time, meaning it has been straightforward to get the plum jobs (in addition, my new employers paid the relocation costs, meaning my moves have all cost... nothing).

Good for you, the impression I get from many on here is that they have put their life on hold waiting to buy a house, hence and antsy 'I'm going to throw in the towel and buy' type posts of late.

I am merely making the point that 8 years is about one tenth of the average UK life expectancy.