House Price Crash Forum
R K

The Billion Dollar Gram - David Mccandless

http://www.informati...ar-o-gram-2009/

The banksters big box at the bottom is quite impressive.

Well done fellas.

His site

http://www.davidmccandless.com/

Thank you for this post, it has made me research some things.

Mankind's greatest achievement (in my opinion), the Apollo moon landings cost an inflation adjusted $170bn - the UK bank bailout cost $1400bn according to your linked chart.

Puts it into historic perspective....

Regards

This one on BBC budgets is interesting.

£1393m !! on BBC1 - which as far as I can tell is Eastenders, a couple of house programs, question time and the odd 'drama'. :blink: Scrap that and keep all the rest of it and I'm not sure anyone would notice.

4399097974_feb1f0a4b4_o.jpg

Guest Noodle

This one on BBC budgets is interesting.

£1393m !! on BBC1 - which as far as I can tell is Eastenders, a couple of house programs, question time and the odd 'drama'. :blink: Scrap that and keep all the rest of it and I'm not sure anyone would notice.

4399097974_feb1f0a4b4_o.jpg

Clarkson. Talent. <_<

At first I thought this thread was about the world's most expensive white powder!

The predicted cost of the Iraq war verus the eventual cost of Iraq/Afghanistan is shocking. There must be a lot of defense contractors and others milking it for all it's worth.

Then we get to the yellow bit at the bottom. :o

Wall Street...revenue..371billion profits 31billion and of course...BONUSES 114billion 2009 straight after the Stimulus package

To be fair to him he took the new Top Gear from nothing to the most profitable show made by the BBC. You may hate him like you hate, say, SurAlan, but the numbers are there.

People like to hate others who have an opinion.

Wall Street...revenue..371billion profits 31billion and of course...BONUSES 114billion 2009 straight after the Stimulus package

Hang on a second, so you pay your money into your company pension scheme, they pass it on to some wall street (C of L) bankster to "invest" and you get if your lucky a share of 10% of the revenue generated in terms of profit for you pension fund of which no doubt brokerage fees and taxes are taken out, and the banksters take 30% in bonuses? ******** to waiting for house prices to crash 30% so I can save a few 10's of K, I'm starting a hedge fund, who want in?

Hang on a second, so you pay your money into your company pension scheme, they pass it on to some wall street (C of L) bankster to "invest" and you get if your lucky a share of 10% of the revenue generated in terms of profit for you pension fund of which no doubt brokerage fees and taxes are taken out, and the banksters take 30% in bonuses? ******** to waiting for house prices to crash 30% so I can save a few 10's of K, I'm starting a hedge fund, who want in?

Their business model is to steal as much as they can as fast as they can until there's nothing left then the govt. hand them as much of our money as it's possible to borrow from the bond markets so they start again.

It's called the efficient allocation of capital. From us, to them. Efficiently.

Here's an interesting one on nuclear warhead stockpiles

nukes_550.gif

Edited by Frank Sidebottom

Their business model is to steal as much as they can as fast as they can until there's nothing left then the govt. hand them as much of our money as it's possible to borrow from the bond markets so they start again.

It's called the efficient allocation of capital. From us, to them. Efficiently.

Here's an interesting one on nuclear warhead stockpiles

Taking out the 10,000 largest cities in the world would do a great deal of damage to human civilization, though..

OTOH, at one point the numbers were over 30,000, so there is some progress.