House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woot

Newsnight Bbc2 Now - Mon 10.30

Considering the threads on food, alcohol, drug intake etc this may be an interesting program. Talking of Condem's proposal to disband the advertising, lecturing and general nannying.

Considering the threads on food, alcohol, drug intake etc this may be an interesting program. Talking of Condem's proposal to disband the advertising, lecturing and general nannying.

Cheers, I'm glad I've had my 'five a day' so I can fully focus on the program.

I just ate a big bag of mint aero 'bubbles'. Now I'm drinking cider.

Mint and apple - that is at least two of my five eh?

Caroline Flint telling us all how well Labour did in leading the way... :rolleyes:

We were told earlier though that the advertising campaigns had achieved little - quelle surprise!

Oh, nice one Dragon, I just turned on as Flint started talking. It literally aged me 4 years and gave me an ulcer.

Only in England The Dragon. In Wales, they don't even want to allow people their choice of GP.

I would like to see this sort of chat without politicians involved. They think too much about what they say rather than just saying what they think.

Still interesting chat though.

Only in England The Dragon. In Wales, they don't even want to allow people their choice of GP.

But at least we get free prescriptions :rolleyes: .

Is the Assembly really not going to join though? I'd have thought they needed to cut the advertising costs as much as anyone, especially since it all has to be produced in two languages.

But at least we get free prescriptions :rolleyes: .

Is the Assembly really not going to join though? I'd have thought they needed to cut the advertising costs as much as anyone, especially since it all has to be produced in two languages.

I had a lovely book through my letterbox this morning pointing out all the Welsh language courses I could go on - not cutting back on that are they?

I was in conversation with the Welsh Health Minister recently talking about whether Wales would get the option that they will soon have in England of choosing their GP - i.e. a GP near their place or work or one that is outside of their current GP boundary. Answer was that she felt it was not a good idea and that there are no plans to do this simple thing.

Big lack of imagination and vision IMPO.

I had a lovely book through my letterbox this morning pointing out all the Welsh language courses I could go on - not cutting back on that are they?

I was in conversation with the Welsh Health Minister recently talking about whether Wales would get the option that they will soon have in England of choosing their GP - i.e. a GP near their place or work or one that is outside of their current GP boundary. Answer was that she felt it was not a good idea and that there are no plans to do this simple thing.

I'm afraid I find the whole Welsh language agenda difficult to justify in the extreme to which it is taken these days. Having said that I'm very glad that my youngest is in a Welsh primary school not English - the educational system at this age seems far more well thought out than across the border. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but some of the waste for the sake of political correctness is hard to understand.

I'm afraid I find the whole Welsh language agenda difficult to justify in the extreme to which it is taken these days. Having said that I'm very glad that my youngest is in a Welsh primary school not English - the educational system at this age seems far more well thought out than across the border. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but some of the waste for the sake of political correctness is hard to understand.

Does that make you... like... Welsh? :blink:

Does that make you... like... Welsh? :blink:

'fraid not... I'm an immigrant. Family are Scottish, I was brought up in England and lived in London for many years. Cosmopolitan eh ;)

Guest X-QUORK

Oh, nice one Dragon, I just turned on as Flint started talking. It literally aged me 4 years and gave me an ulcer.

I think you'll find that's just a blister on your palm.

Disagree. The Choice Agenda has been a complete disaster. It just creates expensive 'cargo cult' markets based on management process indicators where you still have to bail out most of the losers. You should get what you are given, its the only way anything will ever improve.