House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Us Fed To Announce More Qe

Newsnight is covering this story tonight.

I think it is odds on now that they will announce this tomorrow. I am not sure how this will affect us - we probably will have to do likewise, King seems eager but we are not the Reserve currency.

I suspect the US will only do so in conjunction with the UK so what that will do this week I do not know.

Long-term, if they print again I suspect the DOW and FTSE to climb. It would be ironic if they printed and then we had a major 1929 crash but with hundreds of billions more printing it is likely that most of it will end up in shares.

Again, I think this will be terrible for savers, STRers and house-buying funds... and those living on fixed incomes.

I think it is odds on now that they will announce this tomorrow. I am not sure how this will affect us - we probably will have to do likewise, King seems eager but we are not the Reserve currency.

I suspect the US will only do so in conjunction with the UK so what that will do this week I do not know.

Long-term, if they print again I suspect the DOW and FTSE to climb. It would be ironic if they printed and then we had a major 1929 crash but with hundreds of billions more printing it is likely that most of it will end up in shares.

Again, I think this will be terrible for savers, STRers and house-buying funds... and those living on fixed incomes.

Mustn't .................mention..................the yella stuff................................. B)

How can you tell if this has been priced in already?

I get the feeling that the Fed can print as much as they want and the dollar would only shift an insignificant amount (5 - 15%).

I don't see the UK printing any more money even if the Fed does it. The BOE/Tories have said they won't be doing this so it will make them look stupid. The Fed have marked themselves as money printing maniacs so will just be doing what people expect them to do.

Mustn't .................mention..................the yella stuff................................. B)

What, ****en breadcrumbs?

Hey did they add **** to the censor?. ;)

With this QE2 so well publicised it is amazing that gold has not soared higher in the past fortnight.

Please do not turn this into more gold stuff though but I think that if QE2 does happen then gold will climb further along with shares and anything that people feel will give them a hedge against inflation on their cash.

How can you tell if this has been priced in already?

I get the feeling that the Fed can print as much as they want and the dollar would only shift an insignificant amount (5 - 15%).

I don't see the UK printing any more money even if the Fed does it. The BOE/Tories have said they won't be doing this so it will make them look stupid. The Fed have marked themselves as money printing maniacs so will just be doing what people expect them to do.

Reading this sort of thing, I realise that crack is in a bull market.

Daisy McAndrew is covering it on itv news now. Pictures of boarded-up foreclosed houses in a small town in Virginia (Leeburg, Obama went there during his campaign).

Edited by deflation

DEFLATION...Is not a political option, the fall out would be horrific! Inflation (The hidden tax) might irritate the UK's creditors and UK savers, but will not have a massively in debt state starving/rioting/turning on each other.

Hence the preferred option of all non creditors and by proxy the vast majority of UK voters in an "In Debt" nation.

Guest spp

With this QE2 so well publicised it is amazing that gold has not soared higher in the past fortnight.

Please do not turn this into more gold stuff though but I think that if QE2 does happen then gold will climb further along with shares and anything that people feel will give them a hedge against inflation on their cash.

'They' are still in control of the paper price of Gold/Silver. The illusionary value of the dollar must be kept.

When people start hedging against currencies in mass, things can get ugly much faster than you think.

Reading this sort of thing, I realise that crack is in a bull market.

Close but sadly there isn't a legal market for crack! Ideally grow/process your own. But If you wanna make money buy LAND, food, booze, fags etc, plenty of very large listed companies do just that and will make a mint out of this!

Although you are 3 weeks behind the curve of the banksters, who thanks to the very well paid experts have balance sheets loaded up on said "Resources" !

The big losers....Funnily enough are the big faceless pension funds that answer to no one! that pay people (VERY WELL) to invest for them on their behalf!...Hey and guess who's just loaded up on US treasuries!

Close but sadly there isn't a legal market for crack! Ideally grow/process your own. But If you wanna make money buy LAND, food, booze, fags etc, plenty of very large listed companies do just that and will make a mint out of this!

Although you are 3 weeks behind the curve of the banksters, who thanks to the very well paid experts have balance sheets loaded up on said "Resources" !

The big losers....Funnily enough are the big faceless pension funds that answer to no one! that pay people (VERY WELL) to invest for them on their behalf!...Hey and guess who's just loaded up on US treasuries!

Realistbear?

DEFLATION...Is not a political option, the fall out would be horrific! Inflation (The hidden tax) might irritate the UK's creditors and UK savers, but will not have a massively in debt state starving/rioting/turning on each other.

Hence the preferred option of all non creditors and by proxy the vast majority of UK voters in an "In Debt" nation.

Yes, I agree. I wish the penny had dropped with myself 15 months ago.

King has been hinting strongly in the past 10 days or so again by the possibility of printing again. No doubt he and the US Fed have been in talks.

If the US prints again we will have no choice. It will mean 1970s inflation again where savings get wiped out but the house buyers get bailed out in 10 or 15 years.

If they print again then, IMPO, the thing to do IMPO (This is not financial advice but just my thoughts.) will be to buy a house and get on with life because they will just keep pumping until they create jobs and get things moving again.

The US printing will give Cameron and Clegg the opportunity to blame it on the Yanks and us having to meekly follow. I think the penny is also dropping here in the UK that we cannot fire hundreds of thousands of public sector workers as there is simply nothing to take the place of their jobs, plus the added problem of taking wage earners out of the economy.

They are terrified of 20 years like Japan in the US. I don't think QE2 will be the last of it. QE3 next Spring most likely.

'They' are still in control of the paper price of Gold/Silver. The illusionary value of the dollar must be kept.

When people start hedging against currencies in mass, things can get ugly much faster than you think.

What does this mean in plain English for a numpty like myself?

What will get uglier?

Oh no they are trying to save money !!

They must be stopped. Putting money aside is reported as a bad thing. ******ing hell.

Realistbear?

LOL....Given how many years I have posted on this site, and how far out of whack my views are with RB's... That is very funny!

Now please don't bother posting back, I am off to bed now and wouldn't want you Hi-Jacking yet another good post for my benefit.

Oh jesus christ, surely the best long term solution is to let the markets balance out instead of trying to prop-up everything with funny money.

it might have been, once - i have no idea now... TPTB have put years of future tax take on the Craps table, then the keys to the country. double or quits, one more time? two more....?

it's entered 'Bizarro World' now. almost glad i have no money, i wouldn't know what to do with it

i still fancy some Vimto, even though it was Guinness. perhaps a Pink Velvet

Guest spp

What does this mean in plain English for a numpty like myself?

What will get uglier?

I'm too tired for the shiny debate tonight (DYOH), but I just found Marty Armstrong's latest to keep you occupied -

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/Staring-into-the-Abyss-7-31-2010.pdf

Yet the unifying trend that ties all of these events together is FISCAL MANAGEMENT and DEBT CRISIS. This is far more serious than a mere 1929 correction. When Governments collapse, it can get very, very nasty. This is when tangible items of value, Gold, antiques, art and MOVABLE objects has a basic barter worth. Land typically declines to its basic value NON-LEVERAGED cash value.

This Jerman sounds like a sensationalist martinet to me.

Looking at the dollar contra the euro since summer 2007, when this started, things seem to have bounced around and got back to where they started.

It almost seems like competative devaluation!..."It's Here, It's Queer...Get used to it!"

Have to admit,........................ money/savings..............................Wages.................................Buying/Purchasing Power..........?

They will both fall and fall hard, this is a venture of making the poor poorer and the not so poor poorer. Even if you have a $500k or £500k house it falls with wages and savings, they all fall relative to the cost of goods required to survive which is being inflated in cost! Due to the expansion of numbers on the screen..........

If a house cost, well is worth £500k today, well someone will pay £500k, it will still be worth £500k after all this printing, but the £500k will not be worth £500k will it, so what will the house be worth????

Funny how some such as daddy bear were ridiculed about the government inflating it way out.

Looks like its time to throw in the towel and buy a house.

The only saving grace is there is less pressure for the UK to do it then the yanks.

Guy I work with has made £18K out of bank shares - he's been trying to entice me into them for months.

Being a pessimist (as I am one) in a recession is like being an optimist in a bull market.

Both show an unbalanced state of mind.