House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Lotto Lout Michael Carroll Sells His Wrecked Party Mansion... For A Loss Of £600,000

the lotto loser finally sold the mansion last week for £142,000 - making a £600,000 loss.

:)

A friend said Carroll plans to invest the money from the sale in an internet gambling site, buy a £10,000 car for his girlfriend Gemma Peake and take 18-month-old daughter Faye on holiday to Spain.

:rolleyes:

'He's going to put some of the money into an internet business run by a mate. It's an online gambling site for horse racing, but is different because it only takes bets on donkeys.

:blink:

'If it works he'll get a good return. It's not like a normal bookies - they only take bets on horses which have got no chance of winning.

'Mikey puts the money in but he won't lose it because 98 per cent of the time the horses will lose.

<_<

Lotto lout Michael Carroll sells his wrecked party mansion... for a loss of £600,000

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301508/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-sell-wrecked-mansion-600-000-loss.html#ixzz0w6sRyRux

article-1301508-0ABC7C8F000005DC-309_634x420.jpg

article-1301508-0ABC7DFC000005DC-984_634x416.jpg

Thanks TMT......I think the taxpayer will be subsidising this 'lucky winner' very soon. I love the flawed logic of only taking bets on donkeys....much more chance that a 100-1 winner will clean him out than he ever had of winning the lottery. It's a funny old life.

Lotto lout Michael Carroll sells his wrecked party mansion... for a loss of £600,000

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301508/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-sell-wrecked-mansion-600-000-loss.html#ixzz0w6sRyRux

article-1301508-0ABC7C8F000005DC-309_634x420.jpg

article-1301508-0ABC7DFC000005DC-984_634x416.jpg

That picture doesn't look like a mansion to me.

I was expecting something with a moat or something like that. :)

I watched a documentary once on Michael Carroll, self-styled "King of the Chavs".

It was at a point when he'd burned through about half of his winnings. It was fascinating, in a revolting kind of way.

Here's an article from Feb 2010, about him going back onto benefits - LINK

What Carroll says he spent his winnings on:

£5million family and friends

£1million gambling

£1million Rangers Football Club

£800,000 televisions, sound systems and gadgets

£400,000 cars

£325,000 house

£300,000 parties

£230,000 crack cocaine

£200,000 jewellery

£200,000 swimming pool

£100,000 prostitutes

£60,000 holidays

£55,000 legal fees

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249209/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-dole-squandering-millions.html#ixzz0w7CFH4YN

I watched a documentary once on Michael Carroll, self-styled "King of the Chavs".

It was at a point when he'd burned through about half of his winnings. It was fascinating, in a revolting kind of way.

...the rest of it he just wasted.

Land alone is worth way more than £140k. I don't believe it was 'the house nobody wanted to buy'.

Someone was watching and waiting.

The bloodsucking EAs, lawyers etc. who swoop to pick over the bones in these situations are even more annoying than the bonehead winning the dosh in the 1st place.

Do you honestly think this property was sold via a well publised public auction? :angry:

So he gave most of it away.

Ha ha, Georgie Best! :lol:

At least he was talented.

I never begrudged Besty a thing because he gave me more pleasure (and still does with the old videos) than even my missus. Bless her.

does anybody out there in HPC land know the real story of his royal chavness and Rangers football club............... and the million quid

very expensive season ticket ??

did he buy `shares` ??? if so, in what exactly

did he just `give` the club, a ` `business`` the money, er why....

what did he ever get in return ??

and why is a narrfork carrot cruncher into Rangers so much that they get a seven figure sum of `his` money ??? ... am I missing his Glasggee accent ??

do tell..

does anybody out there in HPC land know the real story of his royal chavness and Rangers football club............... and the million quid

very expensive season ticket ??

did he buy `shares` ??? if so, in what exactly

did he just `give` the club, a ` `business`` the money, er why....

what did he ever get in return ??

and why is a narrfork carrot cruncher into Rangers so much that they get a seven figure sum of `his` money ??? ... am I missing his Glasggee accent ??

do tell..

From memory, i believe it was some sort of bond/loan to the club. It had hefty penalties for early surrender but he needed the money so took the hit. Oof!

From memory, i believe it was some sort of bond/loan to the club. It had hefty penalties for early surrender but he needed the money so took the hit. Oof!

so he lost money on loaning his `own` money out.................. that truly is a special type of dumb