House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Do Ea Open In The Weekend In Your Area

One of the bizarre things about many of my local EAs is that they are not open on the weekend.

Several do not open even on a Stuarday and those who do are all closed by midday on Saturday.

I find this very odd as surely most people who work and who are looking to buy or even sell a house have free time on the weekend.

Just wondering if it is peculiar to my part of the world or whether EAs in other areas are like this?

The ones I see in Essex are always open Saturdays, some are open Sundays and most open bank holidays.

I would have thought Saturday would be the busiest day for viewings. I always view on a Saturday.

The EA office doesn't need to be open if w/e viewings have already been booked. How many people walk into an EA and say, "can we look at it right now?"

Anecdotally, I hear 80% of people see houses for sale on the internet first anyway, so a lot of EA offices are for admin only mostly.

The EA office doesn't need to be open if w/e viewings have already been booked. How many people walk into an EA and say, "can we look at it right now?"

Anecdotally, I hear 80% of people see houses for sale on the internet first anyway, so a lot of EA offices are for admin only mostly.

Unless the EA is taking the viewing. Also I viewed a house on a Sunday not long ago and the EA phoned me beforehand to double check we were still going and said that he would be in the office all day so I could ring him after to discuss it. Maybe he was just waiting in on the off chance id be deperate to make an offer there and then! Needless to say i didn't bother ringing.

Nah, all closed on Sundays, few on a saturday, most of them seem to struggle to arrange a viewing outside work hours.

So presumably its pretty much cash rich, non employed people looking to buy?

In england the only two days that working people have free to shop and visit businesses such as EAs are when a lot of them choose to shut. Supermarkets for example have limited opening hours on a Sunday. I think this might have something to do with believing in god, who apparently prefers to shop during the week.

This is because people in this country are fking stupid.

Edited by cybernoid

I have no idea how the country functioned before the 1990s, I mean , imagine it, everything closed on a Sunday.

Except pubs of course. <_<

Edited by deflation

One of the bizarre things about many of my local EAs is that they are not open on the weekend.

Funny you should ask this, Tulip.

For the first time since I STR'd in 2007 I went to talk to an estate agent last Saturday about a house they were marketing (cos although it's overpriced it's exactly what I want for the rest of my life):

www.berrimaneaton.co.uk

Shut at 14:00 on a Saturday. I was astonished. ******ing lazy mothers - really surprised me, that did.

Im in the south east also. Amazingly, hardly any estate agents open on a Sunday. I'm at work all week, running round all day on Saturday - shopping and paying bills & whatever. I actually prefer to view on Sundays when I have more time but almost impossible to contact estate agent on a Sunday and No, I dont like organising my viewings earlier in the week.

They must be selling so many houses, they don't have to bother (sarcasm kicks in)

Edited by Muskoka

Gloucestershire Market Town, Population ~ 4,500 - 3 estate agents, all 3 open until 5 on a Saturday and one opens most of the day on a Sunday.

I didn't even imagine such a business would close on weekends as this is when most people will be free for viewings (not me, I have to slave away on a Saturday.)

None open in Sundays here; most closed Saturday afternoon, and unwilling even to do viewings without the use of an electric cattle prod.

They're useless. Really f'in useless.