House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

New £300K House For Family On Benefits 9 Kids, £3500 In Monthly Benefits

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3086765/New-300k-home-for-brbenefits-family-of-11.html

A FAMILY of benefit scroungers who rake in £42,000 of taxpayers' money a year have been given a new seven-bedroom home - worth £300,000.

Jobless Kevin and Sharron Bishop get £3,500 a month in handouts to keep them and their nine kids clothed and fed.

Neighbours watched as they moved from their old four-bedroom home at 23 Mayfield Road in Yeovil, Somerset, to numbers 29 and 31 on Friday.

Advertisement

Their belongings included flat screen TVs, sofas, armchairs, beanbags and DVDs.

Locals - who say the family even had new furniture delivered - were yesterday fuming at the parents, who haven't worked for 20 YEARS.

One, who didn't want to be named, said: "It is infuriating. We pay taxes to let them do nothing." Another said: "They spend their money on exotic parrots. They are fit to work but don't want to."

The Bishops' payout, which is around twice the average national household income, is made up of income support, tax credits, housing benefit and council tax benefit.

Yarlington Housing Group, which provided their new home, said the family qualified for a local scheme called Furnicare in which they can buy furniture and white goods at knock-down prices.

Excellent and they even manage to get white goods at a discount.

Once you go down the route of having loads of kids you are trapped as your going to be better off on benefits as your probably unlikely to find any job which pays you a similar amount in paid work.

Just think of the job that they would need to cover their expenses.

A nice set up for a Monday rant.

To be fair it's not a single home they've moved into but 2 at £150k each.

We should all print out the picture of Kev & Shaz and pin it up at work, that way we can remind ourselves why the hell we are busting our humps in employment.

Remember people, we are all in this together, all warm and cosy like :unsure:

I'm afraid that until people are better educated, and more considerate to others, that this kind of thing will go on and on.

I can't see us ever making it illegal to have as many kids as you want, and I suspect we'll always house them.

Therefore, until people are socially responsible enough to recognise that excessive breeding shouldn't be a way of life, we'll be reading such stories.

Personally, I'd house them all in army camps. Basic foods and services provided, but certainly no money paid to them.

I'm afraid that until people are better educated, and more considerate to others, that this kind of thing will go on and on.

I can't see us ever making it illegal to have as many kids as you want, and I suspect we'll always house them.

Therefore, until people are socially responsible enough to recognise that excessive breeding shouldn't be a way of life, we'll be reading such stories.

Personally, I'd house them all in army camps. Basic foods and services provided, but certainly no money paid to them.

You mean like a work house?

These people should be forced to do some work irrelevant of how many kids they have. Maybe breaking rocks?

Sterilise people on the dole after 5 years of unemployment? 3 years?

Edited by SarahBell

I think he means a concentration camp.

Oh please. Normal people live in mobile houses, even pay for them and are happy there ...

Why the unproductive one should be given a house for £300k is out of my imagination ...

Any ideas???

Oh please. Normal people live in mobile houses, even pay for them and are happy there ...

Why the unproductive one should be given a house for £300k is out of my imagination ...

Any ideas???

Because giving breeders a slap and no money isn't allowed?

Sterilise people on the dole after 5 years of unemployment? 3 years?

Any social help should cover only 2nd or 3rd child. Otherwise people will be motivated having more and more and more children ...

Simple ...

Because giving breeders a slap and no money isn't allowed?

No, because nobody would vote for the Labour ...

No taxation -> no political representation !

These people should be forced to do some work irrelevant of how many kids they have. Maybe breaking rocks?

cleaning the roads and crime watch ...

No, we should look after the kids regardless of how they came into this world. However, if you manage to breed nine offspring without an income, you are clearly irresponsible and unfit to have them and they should be taken into care. Unfortunately all this cloying sentimentality about the fameelee means stuff like this may even get worse under the present government than better.

At least it's not immigrants this time. dry.gif

Suffice to say, who can blame them, the benefits system in this country is totally fvcked!

In sanctioning the deindustrialisation of the UK, the very least the government can do is to provide for those displaced. However the annual cumulative of benefits has to be capped, regardless of individual situation or schemes claimed for (apart form maybe disability care etc).

An all inclusive limit of say £20,000 a year (a household) is still a bit much, but would be a ceiling few could argue against it not being enough. If this ceiling "isn't enough to live on" after popping out your 5th child, then tough. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Edited by PopGun

Guest Noodle

No, we should look after the kids regardless of how they came into this world. However, if you manage to breed nine offspring without an income, you are clearly irresponsible and unfit to have them and they should be taken into care. Unfortunately all this cloying sentimentality about the fameelee means stuff like this may even get worse under the present government than better.

YES.

Of course we must look after the kids. They are to be pitied as they were born to such feckless parents. The logician in me says that what needs doing is the massive slashing of taxation to the poorest, paring the public sector down to absolute needs and draconian rules on bank lending on mortgages to get the cost of accommodation down to absolute minimums. However getting from here to there, god knows how we do it.

Yet another article slagging off the under-educated , while the people (bankers and politicians) who brought the country to its financial knees still continue full throttle on the gravy train.

Another attack on the poor from the MSM.

Yet another article slagging off the under-educated , while the people (bankers and politicians) who brought the country to its financial knees still continue full throttle on the gravy train.

Another attack on the poor from the MSM.

Can't we dislike both? Are we only allowed to dislike one thing at a time?

Guest Noodle

9 kids having 9 more each and repeat and repeat. And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I think it's great.

Welfare state facilities it. In the East it used to be have 6 kids so they look after you when you are old. In Blighty, it's have 6 kids so the state will look after you all forever in luxury.

Mother-in-law had 12, 6 died, still has 6 kids now ages 24-37, she has a total of 3 grandchildren!!! . . . rather than the 36 predicted in an exponential growth model.

Yet another article slagging off the under-educated

The "under educated". FFS. Why are they "under educated"? Because they are poor? Plenty of people in Asia have managed to achieve in their lives starting poor and learning in classrooms barely fit for purpose. It is not an excuse. You are responsible for your life. You are responsible for your level of education. People need to stop thinking that education is something you passively receive, indeed this thinking is part of the problem in this country, IMHO

No, because nobody would vote for the Labour ...

No taxation -> no political representation !

I think this is the only possible solution.

However, I still think there is too much focus on this end of the societal spectrum though. The real problems in this country are down to the bankers and politicans.