House Price Crash Forum

Next Door

HOLA441

Beautiful 4 bed. No doubt a very fine home. But marketed at £745,000 since May/June is just plain silly in this area. Summer 2007 fine. Maybe even October 2009. But this year? No way. It may have sold this Summer at £625,000.

Anyway he's out weeding and after pleasantries and 'it's a good day for it' said I, he replies 'well it needs to be done for Winter'. So, I reply, ;) 'But you'll be shot long before then!?'

'Well, we have had loads looking and all very interested. But every time they come back saying they can't get the finance.'

NO REALLY!!!!

So I mix it a little 'yeah, these bank profits last week for the last year are going straight to bonuses and

dividends. There's no lending out there.'

'We'll carry on anyway'.

Yeah, until 2025 matey, thought I. Another property genius who lives half the week south of the river and the other half next door. Who thinks maybe its time to lock in all those 20 years of gains.

Depending how you look at it, he was either 9 months too late or 3 years too late. But too late he certainly was / is.

HOLA442

I take he doesn't know of your Market forecast? Or can he just not be bothered to listen/understand?

I think a lot of people, particularly older people who have bought and sold a few times before, still go out making offers assuming they can get the mortgage because it's been so easy before. But when they get an offer accepted and the pop down the bank they find out that computer says no, hence so many SSTC falling through.

Edited by Pent Up

HOLA443

Where is the house? What does 3/4 of a million pounds buy you in this country these days?

When people post about next door neighbours selling they are normally reluctant to post a link for obvious reasons. I have a good next door neigbour story but to tell it would mean having to post a link.

Posting the area is ok if you have not put too much detail into your description.

Privacy an all that.

HOLA444

I just meant vaguely where in the country - could be London, could be Kent, could be Hertfordshire etc. I don't think I will work out where the house is if he posts "north London".

Where do I live?

HOLA445

I take he doesn't know of your Market forecast? Or can he just not be bothered to listen/understand?

he doesn't know who I am. Naturally, he doesn't listen. He hears...

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449