House Price Crash Forum
Guest KingCharles1st

Next Door Has Gone On The Market!

Guest KingCharles1st

-that really didn't need doing.

They are going to buy a bigger house- a bit further out into the country, it's all chain free, and life is wonderful.

At the madness, this fairly small but new build two up two down terrace last went on at 220K, dropped to around 172 before the current owners bought it. They have put it on at 183K

Let the game begin....

OK-I am hoping for a couple of bi-Lesbians...

But- lets do the sums- for someone to move in with 95% mortgage (this place isn't very big inside so can't see it attracting people further down the housing trail) would leave us with 173K to find.

Right, so with a documented salary at 3.5 x income- that's a single professional person earning 50K per year.

i can genuinely see this place as BTL or BOMAD territory. What say you guys?

-that really didn't need doing.

They are going to buy a bigger house- a bit further out into the country, it's all chain free, and life is wonderful.

At the madness, this fairly small but new build two up two down terrace last went on at 220K, dropped to around 172 before the current owners bought it. They have put it on at 183K

Let the game begin....

OK-I am hoping for a couple of bi-Lesbians...

But- lets do the sums- for someone to move in with 95% mortgage (this place isn't very big inside so can't see it attracting people further down the housing trail) would leave us with 173K to find.

Right, so with a documented salary at 3.5 x income- that's a single professional person earning 50K per year.

i can genuinely see this place as BTL or BOMAD territory. What say you guys?

Cannot compute.... not enough information.....vital stuff missing....

Are they going to put some twigs in vases?

Guest KingCharles1st

Cannot compute.... not enough information.....vital stuff missing....

Are they going to put some twigs in vases?

I'm goign to scatter some empty fag packets and discharged medical needles around my doorway prior to each viewing..

Next door to me is up for sale. Went on the market in 2007 at £220k, which was a pie in the sky figure. Now on at offers over £165k. It's been vacant for 5 months because the couple bought a new bigger place on one of the better roads in the area, with the help of a £180k bridging loan off fellas boss. £15k shortfall and counting.

The man of the house did say to another neighbour that he thought it was our fault that his house wasn't selling because our garden resembled Steptoe's yard. Neighbour said he thought it was because he was asking too much for it. Our garden has since been landscaped and planted up and looks fantastic.

It may now be my fault it doesn't sell because I let the dogs out to bark at viewers in the back garden and crank the hi-fi up a few notches.

Next door to me is up for sale. Went on the market in 2007 at £220k, which was a pie in the sky figure. Now on at offers over £165k. It's been vacant for 5 months because the couple bought a new bigger place on one of the better roads in the area, with the help of a £180k bridging loan off fellas boss. £15k shortfall and counting.

The man of the house did say to another neighbour that he thought it was our fault that his house wasn't selling because our garden resembled Steptoe's yard. Neighbour said he thought it was because he was asking too much for it. Our garden has since been landscaped and planted up and looks fantastic.

It may now be my fault it doesn't sell because I let the dogs out to bark at viewers in the back garden and crank the hi-fi up a few notches.

Haven't you walked around in the garden in your dressing gown occasionally groping yourself yet?

I viewed a house where the house next door had loads of A4 sheets stuck on the inside of the windows and glass doors telling people to keep away - just felt very threatening and looking at the unkempt gardens and the rusting car in the drive I decided that there must be a reason why the sellers were selling.

Haven't you walked around in the garden in your dressing gown occasionally groping yourself yet?

I viewed a house where the house next door had loads of A4 sheets stuck on the inside of the windows and glass doors telling people to keep away - just felt very threatening and looking at the unkempt gardens and the rusting car in the drive I decided that there must be a reason why the sellers were selling.

The missus says I do that everyday anyway. :lol:

..the couple bought a new bigger place on one of the better roads in the area, with the help of a £180k bridging loan...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! OOOOOH HO HO HO HO HO HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HO HO HO HO HO HAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!! Oh my sides!

Bridging loans! - perfect! you can almost see their little feet peddling the air before plummeting Wile-e-coyote style* and creating a comedy dust cloud.

Wasn't bridging finance totally discredited in the 90/91 crash?

Looks like we are finally looking at the big drop folks.

*How come there was always a mile deep canyon for him to fall down? I thought the American deserts with roadrunners in weren't much above sea level..

Edited by xux42

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! OOOOOH HO HO HO HO HO HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HO HO HO HO HO HAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!! Oh my sides!

Bridging loans! - perfect! you can almost see their little feet peddling the air before plummeting Wile-e-coyote style* and creating a comedy dust cloud.

*How come there was always a mile deep canyon for him to fall down? I thought the American deserts with roadrunners in weren't much above sea level..

Where's that popcorn eating smiley when you need it?!

And the punchline.........he's finance director for a local business.

I friend of mine was looking for a bridging loan of sorts.

He needed to borrow an extra £15k for a flat he wanted to buy and came to me for the money.

I said that I'd be ok to loan him the money in principle and I'd expect 1% per month - not entirely usurious.

he's not a very close friend more a friend of the g/f.

He was shocked and said that he'd hoped I'd give him my money for free! :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway - he managed to get the house by going heavy on credit cards and getting a shitty 90% mortgage at BOE+4% or something. Now in debt and into all sorts of nonsense and since he neglected to include the cost of furnishing a property (massive TV of course and espresso maker, SMEG fridge etc...) he's in a real pickle and my 1% per month must seem pretty attractive now.

He's told me he has a 2 year plan to pay off his CCs - although that was before he went off to the world cup for 2 weeks. :)

Because it`s fantasy, much like UK sheeple`s expectations for property prices.

I was just looking for a suitable thread to post about my parents next door neighbours. {Suitable thread hijacked}

Elderly couple, in small but nice bungalow.

The Man passed away 6 months ago, and his wife had to go to an old persons home, [Alzheimers]

Their daughter called round this evening, whilst I was at my parents, [to drop off a parcel adressed to my parents, that had been mistakenly posted through next doors letterbox.]

The house has been empty for six months. First couple of months on at £190k. Then Reduced to £170k.

[3 or 4 estate agents valued it] But nobody has been round to view.

[i think the Daughter needs the money to pay the £600 per week old peoples homes bills for her mother.]

She just told us that she is going to drop the asking price to £100k.

So roughly a 50% reduction in six months.

Edited by Dan1

Guest KingCharles1st

I was just looking for a suitable thread to post about my parents next door neighbours. {Suitable thread hijacked}

The Man passed away 6 months ago, and his wife had to go to an old persons home, [Alzheimers]

Their daughter called round this evening, whilst I was at my parents, [to drop off a parcel adressed to my parents, that had been mistakenly posted through their letterbox.]

The house has been empty for six months. First couple of months on at £190k. Then Reduced to £170k.

[i think the Daughter needs the money to pay the £600 per week old peoples homes bills for her mother.]

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::o

Their daughter called round this evening, whilst I was at my parents, [to drop off a parcel adressed to my parents, that had been mistakenly posted through next doors letterbox.]

So roughly a 50% reduction in six months.

Ha that's sounds great. Can we have a property bee history if she does it?

I friend of mine was looking for a bridging loan of sorts.

He needed to borrow an extra £15k for a flat he wanted to buy and came to me for the money.

I said that I'd be ok to loan him the money in principle and I'd expect 1% per month - not entirely usurious.

he's not a very close friend more a friend of the g/f.

He was shocked and said that he'd hoped I'd give him my money for free! :blink:

I have a topper for that - I had an ancient school friend call me up asking for 3k to help in his divorce. I said, "er... sorry but I don't want to lend you the money, I need it, I have a family etc etc."

"ah, blo#dy hell - I'm going to have to break in to my savings that I've stashed with my sister" was the reply.

He HAD the frikkin' money buy would rather spend mine! The CHEEK of it. I was speechless.

[/b]

Because it`s fantasy, much like UK sheeple`s expectations for property prices.

American deserts, Mile deep canyons, 2 types of roadrunners (Cuckoo family) - they're all real!

Aren't they? :blink:

My next door neighbour finally sold his house last week, after nearly 2 years on the market.

Original asking price £147k

Final asking price £105k

Don't know what it sold for but he said he would take £100k for it.