House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

Radio 5 Late Night Chat Shows- I Have Noticed Soemthign Very Unusual

Guest KingCharles1st

Two in particular- one sounds English and from somewhere "up north." always ranting about something

The other- an Asian- sounds typical angry Asian male around 30 ish-

Thing is- they are always on, always with long winded arguments to "spice things up."

I am now sure they are scripted R5 stooges.

Anyone else noticed..?

Guest KingCharles1st

Same happens on TalkSport.

TalkSh*te more like. Yet, I still listen to it until stupid o' clock

Really! Wonder how you get the job- but also wonder if it is misleading and possibly illegal?

Guest absolutezero

Really! Wonder how you get the job- but also wonder if it is misleading and possibly illegal?

I'm sure this is paranoia.....

You have an alter-ego with the initials BB?

Thing is- they are always on, always with long winded arguments to "spice things up."

I am now sure they are scripted R5 stooges.

Anyone else noticed..?

Probably just a couple of highly opinionated people who like the sound of their own voices. If they are entertaining the station probably encourages them.

Late night R5 seems to be getting more and more trivial. Tony Livesey is friendly and engaging, but so much of it seems simply made up as he goes along.'Phone or text us as to what the last thing was that you ate tonight..etc'

FFS

It's very common practice for talk radio station assistants to pretend to be callers, for obvious reasons.

Yesterday a lady knocked on my door asking to do a survey about the BBC - about BBC Fivelive, Radios 1, 2, 3 and 4 in particular, also about News 24, BBC 1 & 2 and BBC Wales.

Guest X-QUORK

I don't understand the attraction of Talk Radio. Why would anyone willingly spend all day listening to the opinions of the great unwashed?

Oh. :blink:

I don't understand the attraction of Talk Radio. Why would anyone willingly spend all day listening to the opinions of the great unwashed?

Exactly :lol:

Guest theboltonfury

Spot on. For this reason I often have to mute various sections of 606. There is very little worse than listening to armchair footballers phoning in with their half arsed views on their sport. They always talk over the host and are generally beyond moronic.

Spot on. For this reason I often have to mute various sections of 606. There is very little worse than listening to armchair footballers phoning in with their half arsed views on their sport. They always talk over the host and are generally beyond moronic.

Agreed. I'm a fan of Alan Green and would prefer it if they'd just let him comment on emails sent in by listeners. If I wanted to hear inarticulate and unknowledgable views of people with irratating voices I'd listen to talkSPORT.

Probably just a couple of highly opinionated people who like the sound of their own voices. If they are entertaining the station probably encourages them.

Plus, why would a normal person bother calling these shows?

When I am in the mood I switch between talksport, LBC and radiolondon...often the same boring people phone all three (not together) some of them you can't even understand what they are saying, though you give it a good try, the London black cabbies imo are the most interesting. ;)

When I am in the mood I switch between talksport, LBC and radiolondon...often the same boring people phone all three (not together) some of them you can't even understand what they are saying, though you give it a good try, the London black cabbies imo are the most interesting. ;)

There used to be a Norwegian Guy who called up LBC .. Sven or something .. Jesus !

he might have a point.

such is the level of propaganda peddling,you wouldn't put it past the likes of blair/milliband and such,to have gotten their rent-a-mob mates in millbank a few cushy positions "assisting" in radio and television productions....after all,control and/or manipulation of the media is straight out of the fascist/communist party manifesto.

I guess with radio it's not quite as obvious because the mugshot won't be broadcast.

has anybody got any good voice recognition software to check this with?

Guest theboltonfury

he might have a point.

such is the level of propaganda peddling,you wouldn't put it past the likes of blair/milliband and such,to have gotten their rent-a-mob mates in millbank a few cushy positions "assisting" in radio and television productions....after all,control and/or manipulation of the media is straight out of the fascist/communist party manifesto.

I guess with radio it's not quite as obvious because the mugshot won't be broadcast.

has anybody got any good voice recognition software to check this with?

It's around here somewhere. Let me just get it rigged up and spend 14 months listening to chat on the radio, then I'll get back to you.