House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

This Man, Just On C4

Personally I think they should publish the weight of the cabinet every month, along with BMI, Blood Pressure and a food diary

Lead from the front :rolleyes:

If they cant do it no one can but i think this is too radical

Personally I think they should publish the weight of the cabinet every month, along with BMI, Blood Pressure and a food diary

Lead from the front :rolleyes:

If they cant do it no one can but i think this is too radical

Georgie Porgie only spent 148 quid on several portions of F&C..nothing to see here..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301173/Fish-chips-office-That-costs-taxpayers-148-Chancellor.html?ITO=1490

"The truth, which may be unpalatable to some, is that too many of us, too often, neglect too many aspects of our own personal health behaviour, and this is leading to increasing levels of ill-health and early death. "Public health is a sensitive subject.

"It's not easy to strike the right balance between protecting people's sensibilities and delivering the hard facts about their personal behaviours that are ultimately shortening their lives.

"Too many people do not face up to the hard facts, as they perceive them to be an attack aimed, in particular, at the poorer members of our society, when it is impossible to argue on medical or ethical grounds, that such behaviour is acceptable."

Just what a few of us here were saying recently. Let's hope this starts to catch on. It should become socially looked down upon to be hugely fat. People should be able to say this freely as well IMO.

Georgie Porgie only spent 148 quid on several portions of F&C..nothing to see here..

No he didn't.

From your link:

Determined not to pay the extra £115 charge allowed under a Private Finance Initiative scheme introduced by former Prime Minister Gordon Brown when he was Chancellor, Mr Osborne declared: ‘We will eat in the canteen.’

Accompanied by Mr King and their four advisers, Mr Osborne then walked down the stairs in the Whitehall building and sat at a Formica table with his lunch guests after lining up in the self-service queue and paying the bill with his own money.

The group enjoyed a tasty portion of fish and chips costing £4.41 each instead of the delivered version at £10.95; Bakewell tart and custard at £1.07 rather than £4.95; and a free fruit drink.

The drinks would have cost £1.67 each if they had been served in the Chancellor’s private office.

Charlton House, the upmarket caterers which runs the Treasury canteen at Great George Street, even sent Mr Osborne’s office an estimate for the food to be delivered.

It listed fish and chips for six at £65.70, desserts at £29.70 and juice and water at £10.05. On top of that came a labour charge of £21, plus a 17.5 per cent VAT charge of £22.13, making a total of £148.58.

A source said: ‘When George discovered the cost, he was furious and took Mervyn King and their aides downstairs to the canteen where they ate at a fraction of the cost. The takeaway bill did include waiter service but, regardless of that, it was outrageous.

When Mr Osborne discovered the costs of the fish and chips he took Mr King and 4 aides to the canteen for lunch where they ate for a fraction of the cost

‘The Chancellor will now be looking with considerable interest at all Whitehall departments to see how Gordon Brown’s supposedly prudent reign really worked.’

It is not known whether Mr Brown or his successor Alistair Darling ever paid premium prices to eat at their desks.

But now Mr Osborne is expected to ask officials to examine PFI contracts throughout Whitehall to ensure that taxpayers’ money is not being wasted. Although PFI contracts began in 1992 under Conservative Prime Minister John Major, they mushroomed under Labour.

Last year, speaking as the Shadow Chancellor, Mr Osborne lambasted the Labour Government’s use of PFI as being ‘totally discredited’.

Just what a few of us here were saying recently. Let's hope this starts to catch on. It should become socially looked down upon to be hugely fat. People should be able to say this freely as well IMO.

Surely it is, hence the feelings of low-esteem and self-worth. The perceived sympathy that you & TBF dislike only occurs in the media especially More4 programmes.

A couple of women at work are very fat, they don't think it's ok. Nobody does. But equally they're not abused.

Surely it is, hence the feelings of low-esteem and self-worth. The perceived sympathy that you & TBF dislike only occurs in the media especially More4 programmes.

A couple of women at work are very fat, they don't think it's ok. Nobody does. But equally they're not abused.

Yes but are they told ? I doubt it. You know like if someone comes in hungover a wee bit too much ? Others wouild probably casually mention it. Doesn't have to to abuse. Just an acknowledgement.

Ever heard anyone saying to these women about having that extra cake at lunch ? That they should perhaps ease off ?

It doesn't happen very much in my experience. It is not socially 'acceptable'. No idea why.

Yes but are they told ? I doubt it. You know like if someone comes in hungover a wee bit too much ? Others wouild probably casually mention it. Doesn't have to to abuse. Just an acknowledgement.

Ever heard anyone saying to these women about having that extra cake at lunch ? That they should perhaps ease off ?

It doesn't happen very much in my experience. It is not socially 'acceptable'. No idea why.

I think they both go to something like weight watchers, they're not sat around guzzling cakes all day. Obviously they do have a food problem or they wouldn't be fat but as they frequently comment about their weight and that they shouldn't have a bit fo cake or whatever then there is no need to do it for them.

Fat people in my experience don't eat like Mr Creosote! Well, I can think of a handful like that but they are the exceptions and it's not going to end well for them.

I think they both go to something like weight watchers, they're not sat around guzzling cakes all day. Obviously they do have a food problem or they wouldn't be fat but as they frequently comment about their weight and that they shouldn't have a bit fo cake or whatever then there is no need to do it for them.

Fat people in my experience don't eat like Mr Creosote! Well, I can think of a handful like that but they are the exceptions and it's not going to end well for them.

Well they don't sound like the average fat people I have experienced. Most of the places I have worked have been very 'sensitive' to this issue.

Guest X-QUORK

Well they don't sound like the average fat people I have experienced. Most of the places I have worked have been very 'sensitive' to this issue.

If you don't mind me saying, you do seem overly concerned by other people's affairs at work. Shouldn't you be thinking about your work a little more?

If you don't mind me saying, you do seem overly concerned by other people's affairs at work. Shouldn't you be thinking about your work a little more?

Nothing to do with work. I am talking about very fat people in general. Work, bus - doesn't matter.

Guest X-QUORK

Nothing to do with work. I am talking about very fat people in general. Work, bus - doesn't matter.

Well, you often give examples from your workplace, as you just did on the post I commented on, so it kind of is to do with work.

F*ck me people enjoy having a pop at fat people on this forum

There are millions of things about millions of people that get on my tits, simply being overweight really isn't that high on my list

A lot more worth getting pissy about imo

Guest X-QUORK

There are millions of things about millions of people that get on my tits, simply being overweight really isn't that high on my list

Yep, some real fat nazis on this site. Ugly buggers.

Body fascists can go fark themselves.

There is no freedom if there is no freedom to be fat.

And if we are gonna go after the fatties it should be via adulterers.

Lets face it adultery is more damaging to society.

Well, you often give examples from your workplace, as you just did on the post I commented on, so it kind of is to do with work.

Yep true.

Pretty much everything gets 'popped' at on this forum. The fat subject usually results in the similar responses though.

Yep, some real fat nazis on this site. Ugly buggers.

Fat nazi ? One way of saying it. I just think there are a few people who are happy to point out uncomfortable truths to people that don't want to hear them.

Fat people get let off too easy IMO.

Fat people get let off too easy IMO.

Having watched Big Meets Bigger I can't help but agree.

Absolutely staggering how fatties invent terms like "fattist" as if it were some condition they had no control over. Fact is they choose to be fat in the same way drug addicts choose to be drug addicts or alcoholics choose booze. I hear nobody suggesting we should refrain from calling alcoholics drunks or drug addicts junkies. Not once has anybody suggested such behaviour un-PC, yet call a fatty a fatty and you are cast as, in the words of the poster above, a "body fascist".

And while we use terms like "drug abuse" and "alcohol abuse" to brand such behaviour socially unacceptable and its practitioners "abusers", we refrain from use of the term "food abuse" when we are referring to fatties eating habits. Why?

Having watched Big Meets Bigger I can't help but agree.

Absolutely staggering how fatties invent terms like "fattist" as if it were some condition they had no control over. Fact is they choose to be fat in the same way drug addicts choose to be drug addicts or alcoholics choose booze. I hear nobody suggesting we should refrain from calling alcoholics drunks or drug addicts junkies. Not once has anybody suggested such behaviour un-PC, yet call a fatty a fatty and you are cast as, in the words of the poster above, a "body fascist".

And while we use terms like "drug abuse" and "alcohol abuse" to brand such behaviour socially unacceptable and its practitioners "abusers", we refrain from use of the term "food abuse" when we are referring to fatties eating habits. Why?

Notice that all three of those are addictions. I'm glad you point this out. The multi-billion dolllar food industry and diet industries rely on the fact that nobody will acknowledge and treat being overweight as they would other addictions. Whether this is ignorance or suppression, I don't know.

I find it peculiar that you say that addicts choose to do what they do. Yes they do but it is not an easy choice to reject something you are addicted to because you feel compelled to do it. It is much easier to resist a beggar, an impulse buy or a fit bird than it is to stop doing something you are addicted to.

Right wingers seem to be in denial about this though.

Saw Natalie Cassidy on that scoucer comedians prog claiming she could be any size she wanted and that she had more fun as a fattie. By fun I expect she means "cake".

She also claimed she had been a size 8 once (around her strictly come dancing appearnces apparently for those who watch such things), so perhaps we should take everything she said with a pinch of salt, although hig sodium levels can be dangerous, especially for fatties.

Saw Natalie Cassidy on that scoucer comedians prog claiming she could be any size she wanted and that she had more fun as a fattie. By fun I expect she means "cake".

She also claimed she had been a size 8 once (around her strictly come dancing appearnces apparently for those who watch such things), so perhaps we should take everything she said with a pinch of salt, although hig sodium levels can be dangerous, especially for fatties.

She proved that being fat is an addiction. She summoned tons of willpower (the usual advised method but also the worst success rate as a method of beating any addiction), succeeded for a short while then fell off the wagon.

I'm re-watching this video, I'm sure it's been posted here before. It's a must watch, including you ccc! You can skip the biochemistry section, the main takeaways are in the first 15 minutes.

High fructose corn syrup changed everything.

Food for thought.