House Price Crash Forum
Dave Beans

"councils To Get Extra Cash For Allowing House Building"

So why did we need 6 posts all with a minute between them to keep this important topic at the topic of the list? (You're last excuse when I asked you why you did this on another topic)

Im going to report you to the moderators as I find it unacceptable.

5 posts. And from 8.33 to 8:45.

I came to the thread and replied to 5 different posts, from 5 different forum members, with different, sensible comments.

What is the problem??

Actually, what is your problem?

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Guest absolutezero

So why did we need 6 posts all with a minute between them to keep this important topic at the topic of the list? (You're last excuse when I asked you why you did this on another topic)

Oh no!

Not the moderators!

They'll label him as a troll!

Actually, what is your problem?

You post like a 13 year old crack head. If you want to reply to 5 different posts with pithy comments, then learn how to combine them into one big post.

Housebuilders often already must give councils large cash sums. Its just more public money tied up in the property merry go round. If the land price scam was done away with developers could stump up the difference AND build cheaper homes.

Ie in this case nearly £2million for 250 homes

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Irthlingborough-is-set-to-get.4405164.jp

This is correct. I just looked up the price of land with planning permission from the CLG website and in England it was over 2.3 million per hectare in January (6.2 million in London). Amazingly this is down from over 4 million in January 2008.

You can see for yourself here on Table 563.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/housing/housingresearch/housingstatistics/housingstatisticsby/housingmarket/livetables/

Johnny strop is up to his usual tricks, perhaps the mods are tired of your temper tantrums?

Johnny strop is up to his usual tricks, perhaps the mods are tired of your temper tantrums?

Probably disappointed there is no topic in which he can reasonably bring up eugenics and how gas chambers are the solution to all our problems.

The Mash has a nice take on this!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/government-to-fill-your-town-with-more-ghastly-little-boxes-and-the-%27people%27-who-live-in-them-201008092985/

GOVERNMENT TO FILL YOUR TOWN WITH MORE GHASTLY LITTLE BOXES AND THE 'PEOPLE' WHO LIVE IN THEM

COUNCILS will be paid for every newly-built box they cram into your town and then fill with thousands of 'people' who are all exactly the same as each other.

Let's all barbecue some cheap meat and talk about football teams

The government will pay local authorities an average of £1500 per energy-efficient unit as it steps up its efforts to convince you that life is about having some pointless ******ing career and getting your name on the mortgage of a so-called 'house'.

Tom Logan, from Peterborough said: "How utterly splendid.

"What I need is a fresh batch of them with their Vauxhall Zafiras and their fat-ankled children and their ******ing barbecues and their New World wines and their unrelenting desire to talk to me about football.

"And then, when they close their curtains at night, I'll just know that they're in there watching ITV or even - God forbid - BBC1.

"Or they'll be reading their mid-market newspaper and doing their best to convince themselves that just because they don't like foreigners that doesn't make them a great, heaving racist.

"I would far rather have a group of tinkers living here in their dirty caravans. They might nick my hedge trimmer and keep me up all night with their crazy singing, but at least they've got some ******ing balls and a heart."

He added: "We keep taking about this 'housing crisis'. 'Oh no Tom, there's a terrible housing crisis'. And I keep saying 'shut the ****** up' and explaining, once again, the virtuous circle that is reversible sterilisation.

"It's cheap, painless and the ongoing cost savings are staggering. It is almost ridiculously efficient.

"And if they can demonstrate an ability to actually live their life as if it's the only one they've got, we can then allow them to start making copies of themselves - but with the constant threat of the steriliser's needle hanging over them if they slip back into dreary ghastliness."

Helen Archer, from York, said: "I'd have more time for them and their shitty, overpriced little houses if they could at least surprise me now and again.

"Maybe read a book about Frank Lloyd Wright, listen to a bit of Mahler, go for a swim in a lake - eat a fig - instead of sitting around all day gnawing on a bag of Monster Munch and reading glib ******ing websites written by twats."

Who exactly are "the council"?

District councils are the people who administer the planning process and who collect the council tax.

However district councils get to keep less than 10% of your council tax, the rest goes to county council / police / fire etc

It costs more to monitor a single planning application than the entire amount of council tax that each district council receives from a household in a year anyway so it is hardly an incentive.

Course there is a political aspect to this "incentive".

Here you are, a cash strapped council and you find double the Poll tax is coming in...great...you live to your means.

Note...the Term is 6 years.

I dont think the Coalishun think they will be elected again.

Note...at 1 year into the new government...there will be a cash crisis in Local Guvmint...as the incentive is withdrawn.