House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloo Loo

I Fancy A Dirty Weekend In Wales

This corner of England feels very English. If you don't like it, why don't you move?

Have you been to the East End recently???

Its very English here....roaring motorbikes everyweekend...and I mean big ones, cycle racing, horses clip clopping, shaven headed men outside the pub smoking, english spoken freely, neighbours embarrassed when spoken to.

Mid-Wales is the best part of Wales IMO,

Fot wlderness, maybe

the south and the north are both quite chavvy and feel English anyway.

Rubbish

Some bits of both are chavvy, for sure, but many parts aren't. SW Wales is quiet and lovely, and parts of the SE are pretty posh - the Wye Valley and Monmouthshire going over towards Abergavenny is more "county" than just about anywhere in England. Also a great tourist destination.

Rubbish

Some bits of both are chavvy, for sure, but many parts aren't. SW Wales is quiet and lovely, and parts of the SE are pretty posh - the Wye Valley and Monmouthshire going over towards Abergavenny is more "county" than just about anywhere in England. Also a great tourist destination.

+1 Generalized nonsense about chavviness... Monmouthshire is beautiful and very 'county', Pembrokeshire is mostly lovely - esp Gower peninsuala and the West. And I'm not sure anyone would agree that Snowdonia is chavvy! :lol:

+1 Generalized nonsense about chavviness... Monmouthshire is beautiful and very 'county', Pembrokeshire is mostly lovely - esp Gower peninsuala and the West. And I'm not sure anyone would agree that Snowdonia is chavvy! :lol:

I wandered into a town hall exhibition in Monmouth, either they'd not had many visitors or somebody from England was a novelty. The Mayoress personally showed me around. Which was nice.

I wandered into a town hall exhibition in Monmouth, either they'd not had many visitors or somebody from England was a novelty. The Mayoress personally showed me around. Which was nice.

How on earth did you find parking? :D

BTW, was that recently? The Shire Hall has only just been reopened following complete renovation, so you might have been one of the first over the threshold. :)

How on earth did you find parking? :D

BTW, was that recently? The Shire Hall has only just been reopened following complete renovation, so you might have been one of the first over the threshold. :)

2004? I must go again if they've got a new one.