House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Another Property Bee Type Tool

At last, most people have now dumped firefox for chrome...!  Thanks, to the author

Don't want to drag hugely off-topic, but is there much in it? :unsure:

Don't want to drag hugely off-topic, but is there much in it? :unsure:

Chrome is incredibly fast and stable, lots of great features out of the box (automatic webpage translation is cool), and has all the required extensions (adblock, email popups, twitter, calendar integration, weather)...The only thing that seems to slows you down is your internet connection, or the server speed
Edited by AteMoose

Chrome is incredibly fast and stable, lots of great features out of the box (automatic webpage translation is cool), and has all the required extensions (adblock, email popups, twitter, calendar integration, weather)...The only thing that seems to slows you down is your internet connection, or the server speed

Do you work for google?

Back on topic is property tracker any good?

I have no affiliation with this product, but I thought you Chrome users maybe interested in this:

Good find, just installed it (after first installing Google Chrome). It seems to be a little more discrete than PB, but otherwise functions in exactly the same way.

No price history for my area so I guess it either doesn't have a central database or doesn't have many users yet.

Chrome is incredibly fast and stable, lots of great features out of the box (automatic webpage translation is cool), and has all the required extensions (adblock, email popups, twitter, calendar integration, weather).

Tried it before and hated it. I'm still getting used to the interface (keep opening new windows instead of new tabs), but otherwise it is definitely faster and does appear to have all the same add-ons.. including PropertyBee now (sort of). It might just become my default browser.. we'll see :)

Edited by libspero

Do you work for google?

Back on topic is property tracker any good?

No bit of a microsoft fanboy, I only know one person who works for google... I just use what works best. The only thing that annoys me with chrome is actually the fault of websites. This forum detects chrome as an old browser and doesn't give you html editing/posts Edited by AteMoose

No bit of a microsoft fanboy, I only know one person who works for google...  I just use what works best. The only thing that annoys me with chrome is actually the fault of websites. This forum detects chrome as an old browser and doesn't give you html editing/posts

I wish someone would write a PB equivalent that works with IE. It is still the most widely used browser out there and some of us have to use it as we have corpoate supplied laptops.

I wish someone would write a PB equivalent that works with IE. It is still the most widely used browser out there and some of us have to use it as we have corpoate supplied laptops.

Chrome can be installed from a normal user account, it is installed to your profile (Nothing is added to program files, machine registry), and the install isnt an exe its installed in browser as a browser plugin/webinstall. its far to easy to install onto a corporate laptop...

http://www.google.com/chrome

Edited by AteMoose

Chrome can be installed from a normal user account, it is installed to your profile (Nothing is added to program files, machine registry), and the install isnt an exe its installed in browser as a browser plugin/webinstall.  its far to easy to install onto a corporate laptop...

http://www.google.com/chrome

it's good but lacks a permanent zoom plugin (for high-res monitors).

No bit of a microsoft fanboy, I only know one person who works for google...  I just use what works best. The only thing that annoys me with chrome is actually the fault of websites. This forum detects chrome as an old browser and doesn't give you html editing/posts

The reason the forum detects Chrome as an old browser is also the reason that it is so quick, is its an old underdeveloped browser.

The reason the forum detects Chrome as an old browser is also the reason that it is so quick, is its an old underdeveloped browser.

Why does chrome get 100% in acid3 web standards tests, and pretty much full implementation of html5? Internet explorer 8 only gets 20%? Firefox gets 97%. Chrome is very happy with all the AJAX we write, and works with html editors (because we use one in the web application I develop) Edited by AteMoose

Thanks and hopfully one day HPC will fix this website for Chrome users!

Thanks for the plugin link, will take a look. Also, what issues with Chrome? I find the site OK?

Thanks for the plugin link, will take a look. Also, what issues with Chrome? I find the site OK?

I find posting with Chrome difficult, and I usually have to insert html code in order to create paragraphs etc..Tested on Chrome linux and Windows, same problems.

I am very happy with Chrome - it starts almost instantly and is very stable. Firefox used to eat all my CPU for not apparent reason and could take ages to start. IE likes to crash instantly.

Some of my friends tell me that Chrome also has a feature to "browse incognito" and excellent feature that allows one to browse without leaving any trace on your history or cookies etc, which is ideal for purchasing presents for your loved ones over the internet in secret, apparently.

Anyway, thanks for the plug-in.

I am very happy with Chrome - it starts almost instantly and is very stable. Firefox used to eat all my CPU for not apparent reason and could take ages to start. IE likes to crash instantly.

Some of my friends tell me that Chrome also has a feature to "browse incognito" and excellent feature that allows one to browse without leaving any trace on your history or cookies etc, which is ideal for purchasing presents for your loved ones over the internet in secret, apparently.

I think virtually all the addons available for firefox are now available for Chrome, and that includes Addblock. Firefox seems to have become the enormous bloat monster like Mozilla/Netscape it replaced. I think a lot of CPU gets wasted displaying these flash adverts. By the way of you switch HPC skins from "House Price Crash" to "IP Board Classic" it removes all the ads!

It's a shame it doesn't do Property News yet. Property Bee is about the only thing I use Firefox for now, other than for testing websites (I use Chrome usually).

have to agree about the CPU - have a dial up and windows XP and a bit of an old PC and installed new version of firefox thinking it would improve the situation. It made it worse and it was using 100% of my CPU and I was blaming my slow connection :(

Will try chrome and the new PB tool and see how it goes. Thanks for the knowledge I am not alone with my firefox problems. :D

have to agree about the CPU - have a dial up and windows XP and a bit of an old PC and installed new version of firefox thinking it would improve the situation. It made it worse and it was using 100% of my CPU and I was blaming my slow connection :(

Will try chrome and the new PB tool and see how it goes. Thanks for the knowledge I am not alone with my firefox problems. :D

Yes but install addblock for Chrome and Firefox too, and possibly Flash block is you are challenged in the CPU area.

At last, most people have now dumped firefox for chrome...!  Thanks, to the author

Hallelujah! FF died horribly on my machine so I was forced this route - haven't looked back

Back to the topic - I had an idea for a RM tool. A property linked forum. I.e. you can start a discussion on any property and it is linked (possibly displayed via plugin) to that property. This would be hugely amusing and if it took off could cause all manner of fun and mayhem in the property market