House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Del_Piero

Cheeky Ea Twats

Just signed a rental extension (My third year) and the EA's have just put a let agreed sign up on my house. I'm really pretty pissed off. When I extended last year (My second) there was no sign at all. I guess things are so bad for them at the moment they are trying any tactic to drum up some business. Thing that pisses me off the most is that we are quite settled and know the people around us quite well. we have already had two neighbours over who were upset we hadn't told them we were moving which quite clearly we are not.

Anyway I got a hammer out and tore the sign down last night and am thinking of writting a letter of complaint. Does anyone on here know if they were within their rights to put the sign up?

Does anyone on here know if they were within their rights to put the sign up?

Unless you gave them permission - i.e. by signing a contract that had such a clause in it - and your neighbours had no complaints over the sign, then yes, they do have the right. But even then I think any magistrate would almost certainly grant you the right as the fully paid up tennant to remove the sign immediately you signed the contract of tennacy - it's a home you've rented, not a EA advertising billboard.

If they complain over your removal - and you can't find any clause relating to it in the contract you've signed - then say you'd be happy to see them in court. I've been renting for 20 years, and I've never had any signs around the properties I rented from the moment I've taken up the tennancy.

Nomadd

In my wife’s experience of being a private sector housing advisor, she told me any tenant who talks of taking to court landlords, aren’t their tenants much longer.

Just signed a rental extension (My third year) and the EA's have just put a let agreed sign up on my house. I'm really pretty pissed off. When I extended last year (My second) there was no sign at all. I guess things are so bad for them at the moment they are trying any tactic to drum up some business. Thing that pisses me off the most is that we are quite settled and know the people around us quite well. we have already had two neighbours over who were upset we hadn't told them we were moving which quite clearly we are not.

Anyway I got a hammer out and tore the sign down last night and am thinking of writting a letter of complaint. Does anyone on here know if they were within their rights to put the sign up?

EAs have no rights - they are parasitical scum who should be crushed underfoot.

And I'm non-violent me.

That said, what a weird thing to get pissed off about. Plenty of more important things to get pissed off about - if you want to be pissed off about something.

Edited by Marina

How often are they likely to check.

Not much when I sold my place last year when it becase clear the first lot (Halifax) were a bunch of wasters I pulled the sign out of the ground and shoved in my garden so that when the next lot came round to value they didn't know it had been on the market.

It was still in the garden when we left 4 months later.

May be you have started a new craze. Get people into collecting EA signs and then wam bam the media latches onto it and all EA signs get nicked!

Its perfect i tell the mmmmwwwwwwhhooooaaaaaaaa :ph34r:

Edited by magictorch

I seem to remember when I was at university about 10 years ago certain elements would come home with for sale signs of a nights drinking. I think they might even have had a term for it.

Anyway, where's your nearest uni? Blame it on them letting anyone in to university these days!

May be you have started a new craze. Get people into collecting EA signs and then wam bam the media latches onto it and all EA signs get nicked!

Its perfect i tell the mmmmwwwwwwhhooooaaaaaaaa :ph34r:

:) The Blue Peter Spot :)

Items

One EA Stake (pref long)

One EA Sign

Can of Spray Paint (choose your colour)

A few screws/nails

One saw

Duck tape

Recipe

Measure & saw wooden stake to form your new wooden frame.

Nail screw together

Chop EA board to fit frame

Duck tape rear of sign

Spray frame/sign

Voila a new kitchen/bedroom/study notice/photo-board :)

Could the 'letter of complaint' take the form of the sign combined with some interesting sray-painted detailing?

i.e. "Let By - Ever Boom - CROOKS".

Mind you, the EA would probably just think they've got a new partner.

:)  The Blue Peter Spot  :)

Items

One EA Stake (pref long)

One EA Sign

Can of Spray Paint (choose your colour)

A few screws/nails

One saw

Duck tape

Recipe

Measure & saw wooden stake to form your new wooden frame.

Nail screw together

Chop EA board to fit frame

Duck tape rear of sign

Spray frame/sign

Voila a new kitchen/bedroom/study notice/photo-board  :)

That artisan stuff is too much like hard work. We just used them to scrape snow off the drive.

How long was the sign up for? Did you see them put it up? Or did you return from work and find it?

I would just pull it down and forget about it. Which it seems you have done!