House Price Crash Forum
Muskoka

Website That Shows How Long Property Been On Market

My brain is full of house prices, reductions, comparisons, sold prices, etc. Please can somebody remind me what is the website (comparible to RM) that shows how long a property has been on the market? Don;t think its Zoopla - I'm sure theres another one, but can't recall (Not find a property, or Prime location). Please can somebody remind me???

I've viewing a place at 12.00 today - been on market for a long, long time. I already know the place, Up for 400K, I wrote to vendor offering 300K cash, vendor phoned me - wants to accept as desperate to get out BUT estate agent has poked his ore in, swept the rug under my feet & told vendor NOT to sell it to me at that price AND that he can get more for it. Its already been on with him & other agents and not sold. I have one very confused vendor to try & talk round. I've got to tread very gently, gently with this one & it probably won't come off, but going to give it my best shot. Need to check out that alternative website if anyone can remind me what it is........... :P

Planning to take the laptop round (vendor is not computer literate and NOR are vendors old fogeys)to show vendor a few facts/figures.

Thanks, but its not one of these.............Keep thinking for me folks please................PB does rock!! And, its not on Property Snake unfortunately, but RM comparison shows me how long its been on the market

Edited by Muskoka

I think it would be a good idea if this forum had a stickied post with all these resources for watching house prices.

Might make this data more accessible to the casual user, ergo speed this damn HPC up!

Planning to take the laptop round (vendor is not computer literate and NOR are vendors old fogeys)to show vendor a few facts/figures.

Sod that. Print and highlighter pen.

Leave charts with them.

Sod that. Print and highlighter pen.

Leave charts with them.

Also, a useful thing to do is go to Rightmove and under the 'Find' tab you can search all 'sold' property prices by postcode for last 10 years or so. Get that for the whole road you are interested in and then you can see proper price comparisons, some of which may help you. You eed not be fooled these days!

Do printout of their property showing how long it's been on market maybe?

House prices for their postcode - off houseprices.co.uk maybe?

(Look up planning for those that are dearer to show they have more floorspace perhaps?)

Do printout of close by similar property thats cheaper - pointing out they're overpriced.

I didn't know about property-bee. I have tried and it is amazing!!!

In the region I am looking for I have detected that almost 40% have reduced their price. This one was the biggest reduction and more they will have to drop the price if they want to sell it ;)

Also this one is nice 120 weeks on the market and 13% reduction:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17500894.html

Edited by wave

Also, a useful thing to do is go to Rightmove and under the 'Find' tab you can search all 'sold' property prices by postcode for last 10 years or so. Get that for the whole road you are interested in and then you can see proper price comparisons, some of which may help you. You eed not be fooled these days!

Please explain a bit more. I cannot find a 'find' tab.

I can only see a 'Find property in'

Houseprices .co.uk is good for finding what sold, when and how much.

Irritating that if something is registered (sold) with LR for the first time since 1962 (I think), the details are not available.

Edited by LetsGetReadyToTumble

I did not know that.

But looking now I have no 'Find' tab.

ok folks. Well I duly popped round to my prospective home :rolleyes: at the appointed time/date to find nobody home :angry: . Guess I was a little overly optimistic. Darn - and I'd prepared a pretty convincing casual presentation too. Ah well, with there being 410 properties for sale in the area that are directly comparable, I'm not panicking....See what develops. Fortunately for me this particular place has a few issues that would concern some folk, but not me. Time will tell. :P Thanks to all for the support though. Back to the drawing board for the moment, with prices going down I remain optimistic

First, if you are on RM, having the Property Bee toolbar for Firefox will give you this information.

PropertyBee is a fantastic program.

Does anyone know if beerhunter's running out of money again yet?

www.nethouseprices.com is very useful - It shows when properties in a selected area were sold and for how much.

I used it to show someone that the £250,000 house they were interested in was last sold in 2000 for £98k.

This didn't put him off and he went ahead and bought it, paying £248,000.

Some people.

Edited by Reck B