House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinker

Is The Express A Parody Of Itself?

Guest absolutezero

Used to be the 'Greatest Newspaper in the World' or something.

15678509.jpg

What are the editors and journalists on?

:lol:

Brilliant!

15678509.jpg

That is just gut clenchingly bad !

Was it not the Express which a few days ago announced house prices to rise 20% thus "lifting millions out of negativity equity." About as far fetched as its Diana / Maddy conspiracy theories.

It is embarrasing for everyone concerned (apart from the owner who must be raking it in?).

Surely the journalists are embarrassed having to produce this crap all the time and what is says about the braindead morons who buy the thing I cannot quite put into words at this time of night, are there really many people out there who are guilble enough to buy into all the Diana conspiracies?

The only time I can ever see myself buying this paper is when we get a triple header of Maddie, Diana and something about houseprices soaring all on the frontpage. I would hazard a guess that if it is not already happened it will be imminent. Whatever happened to the concept of reporting actual news?

Guest Noodle

It is embarrasing for everyone concerned (apart from the owner who must be raking it in?).

Surely the journalists are embarrassed having to produce this crap all the time and what is says about the braindead morons who buy the thing I cannot quite put into words at this time of night, are there really many people out there who are guilble enough to buy into all the Diana conspiracies?

The only time I can ever see myself buying this paper is when we get a triple header of Maddie, Diana and something about houseprices soaring all on the frontpage. I would hazard a guess that if it is not already happened it will be imminent. Whatever happened to the concept of reporting actual news?

But is it produced by people? Could it actually be generated using advances in artificial unintelligence?

Guest Noodle

Possibly a few steps back:

metalmickey2.jpg

Does Kitty still work on the news desk?

hello-kitty-toaster.jpg

Guest theboltonfury

I know of no one who takes this paper. I suspect it's just a media plant.

I occasionaly see it in couch area of my local gym.

But is it produced by people? Could it actually be generated using advances in artificial unintelligence?

You could easily create software to produce the sort of headlines it had.

Insane. Is that worse than the mail?

Guest absolutezero

You could easily create software to produce the sort of headlines it had.

See my sig.

(I don't because I have them turned off.)

I know of no one who takes this paper. I suspect it's just a media plant.

I occasionaly see it in couch area of my local gym.

Agreed, you would never buy this thing. But I read it for free in my local coffee shop.

It's only here I ever see anything from The Express. The "Ethnics" front page a few weeks ago took the biscuit. At least the readers comments picked up on its absurdity.

Top post Sadman!

The Express is dying on its ****, I've only ever known one regular reader (and that was back in the 80s) and one occasional reader who thought the Daily Mail had too many women's features.

Latest sales figures ('000):

The Sun: 2,980

Daily Mail: 2,093

Mirror: 1,249

Star: 810

Telegraph: 681

Express: 664

Times: 504

So less than a third of the Mail, these two papers were on a par for years and back in the 60s IIRC the Express was number one by a mile.

The Sun does at least have a sense of humour, and the Star has tits, the Express just looks like a paper for cretins.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=45718&c=1

Guest X-QUORK

I think we can all agree that anyone who buys The Express is a moron.

Next.