House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woot

If We Were Going To Have An Hpc Whip-Round...

Who do you think most needs \ deserves \ warrants the support? Where would your donation be best utilized or most effective? Or even, what would most reflect HPC's ethos? Shelter, perhaps?

Guest absolutezero

Who do you think most needs \ deserves \ warrants the support? Where would your donation be best utilized or most effective? Or even, what would most reflect HPC's ethos? Shelter, perhaps?

I was going to say Shelter. then I read your post.

So I'll still say Shelter.

Shelter? Most definitely not. Their policy is to throw more money at the bubble (shared equity, gov grants, etc.). Go to their website and check. They recognize the fact that houses are very expensive so they want the governent to give more cash to FTB to keep the bubble going.

Most big charities don't really want to solve the big problems as it's those big problems that keep them going. Same goes for the big pharma, nhs, etc.

fukk charity

lets just hire a hitman to shoot Blair or Brown or Harman or Jaquboots or Mandelson

or Prescott or Straw or Milliband or

scrub that -anyone got a contact number for the Provos /Al Quaeda

(disclaimer - the above should be taken in a humorous manner and is not intended to

promote terrorism)

police state cannae be too careful ;)

You could never get everyone to agree to one specific charity but how great would it be if we did mobilise and found a common cause to get behind. Lets just say we all agreed that every member of hpc donated £1 per month.

Even better we could get to vote on a different set of causes per month... The winner gets £20k

£20k Donkey sanctuary, next month 20k Childrens hospice and so on.

Whilst we are at it. Take a look at Mr Parry's (Noodle) signature. This is a worthy cause and something I have donated to in the past. Nice people and grateful for any help.

Happy weekend people.

fukk charity

lets just hire a hitman to shoot Blair or Brown or Harman or Jaquboots or Mandelson

or Prescott or Straw or Milliband or

scrub that -anyone got a contact number for the Provos /Al Quaeda

(disclaimer - the above should be taken in a humorous manner and is not intended to

promote terrorism)

police state cannae be too careful ;)

I'll do it.

How much you going to pay me?

(disclaimer – not really, i'm just going to take the money and run away )

You could never get everyone to agree to one specific charity but how great would it be if we did mobilise and found a common cause to get behind. Lets just say we all agreed that every member of hpc donated £1 per month.

Even better we could get to vote on a different set of causes per month... The winner gets £20k

£20k Donkey sanctuary, next month 20k Childrens hospice and so on.

Whilst we are at it. Take a look at Mr Parry's (Noodle) signature. This is a worthy cause and something I have donated to in the past. Nice people and grateful for any help.

Happy weekend people.

Yeah I drop a few quid into that one when I can - they do amazing stuff tbh

Best thing to give may be your time, if you have expertise (or grunt-power) they can use. Can I sing in a fundraising concert for building a school in Kenya? Yes, of course! Can I organise such an event? Best I steer well clear of that, leave it to T. whose son's school is involved in the project.

Then there's re-usable stuff: the local Oxfam shop got a couple of good suits that fitted me half a lifetime ago.

Easy giving: the charity box in your local shops/pubs/etc, provided it's something acceptable. Save something on your shopping, put it in the box.