House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Brian Blessed Tom Tom Upgrade

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300954/Brian-Blessed-drive-road-users-distraction-new-voice-TomTom.html

I bought my Tom Tom about 4 years ago (HP IPAQ Navman) , but haven't used it since I've had a built in Audi navigation system. However, the thought of a Brian Blessed upgrade might get me using it again.  A Tom Baker one would be quite good as well.

Now tell me, how can I develope such a distrinctive voice and get paid a fortune for doing voice overs.

Guest X-QUORK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300954/Brian-Blessed-drive-road-users-distraction-new-voice-TomTom.html

I bought my Tom Tom about 4 years ago (HP IPAQ Navman) , but haven't used it since I've had a built in Audi navigation system. However, the thought of a Brian Blessed upgrade might get me using it again.  A Tom Baker one would be quite good as well.

Now tell me, how can I develope such a distrinctive voice and get paid a fortune for doing voice overs.

Brian Blessed...I'm tempted. Mind you, I thought Ozzy Osbourne was funny for the first 50 miles of that drive to Fort William. :blink:

The 73-year-old, most famous for his portrayal of Prince Vultan in the 1980 cult film Flash Gordon, has said he is 'thrilled to bits' with his latest role after more than 25,000 supporters joined the campaign.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300954/Brian-Blessed-drive-road-users-distraction-new-voice-TomTom.html#ixzz0vr6vfBQK

Really? I still have him down as Fancy Smith.

Scunnered, btw is your avatar taken from Zardoz starring Sean Connery?

Yes.

It's just I don't remember the Fez? A suitably weird and cool film.

You don't remember the fez?

s1uro3.jpg

Guest absolutezero

Scunnered, btw is your avatar taken from Zardoz starring Sean Connery?  It's just I don't remember the Fez?  

Fezzes. Are. Cool.

Utterly fab! Thanks for the tip. :D

I thought about downloading John Cleese for mine.... the demo sounds hilarious.... but I thought 10 Euros was a bit much.....

Scunnered, btw is your avatar taken from Zardoz starring Sean Connery?  It's just I don't remember the Fez?  A suitably weird and cool film.

The lack of fezzes severely affected its eventual box office returns (IMO).

I can just imagine the Brian Blessed voice in action:

"Hawkmen, do you want to live forever? Run that red light!"

I thought about downloading John Cleese for mine.... the demo sounds hilarious.... but I thought 10 Euros was a bit much.....

I've got Cleese on mine. You have to be careful if you have kids in the car though as he says stuff like 'turn right in a quarter of a mile, or 400 metres as we have to say these days, due to that little b4asterd Napoleon...'.

edit to get around swear filter!