House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PJ1977

Old Friends Of The Forum

I am posting with some delicacy here and others should do likewise.

Today's Belfast Gazette gives notice of a creditors meeting in regard to Joyce Estate Agents Ltd at the offices of FGS in Belfast on 18 August. The notice is signed by the director Jayne Doherty.

This meeting is in regard to Article 84 of the Insolvency Order - which means it's a Creditors' Voluntary Winding Up.

This means the company is winding-up by a resolution of the members of the company rather than by an order of the Court.

The date (3 August) tells us the members of the company passed that resoultion on Tuesday of this week.

At the creditors meeting Joyce Estate Agents Ltd will issue a Statement of Affairs, report on the history of the business and the causes of the winding up decision.

A liquidator will be appointed for the purpose of winding up the company's affairs and distributing its assets. That is likely to be FGS but the creditors can chose some else if they want.

In December 2007 King and Gowdy solicitors told this forum that Joyce Estate Agents was not in any financial difficulty.

Belfast Gazette entry http://www.belfast-gazette.co.uk/issues/7215/pages/451

I looked up the old thread on that... and I found one post of Serpico which might just be coming true now.

I remember that post by Serpico and the sage advice he gave, as someone who had seen it all before. Wonder how he is doing now? I hope him and his dogs are well, and still enjoying walking our lovely north coast. I certainly enjoy walking along those beaches with my fiancee most weekends. It is often the simple things that bring the most joy.

PJ you seem to have been following this forum for a lot longer than your new name would suggest. I don't know whether to say welcome, or welcome back. ;)

Edited by Belfast Boy

PJ you seem to have been following this forum for a lot longer than your new name would suggest. I don't know whether to say welcome, or welcome back. ;)

to misquote from lost , i think pj has indeed been here in another life brotha ,

now who could he be ?|?|?|??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regardless i get the feeling PJ is going to make us much much more knowledgeable about the goings on in northern ireland and that can only be a great thing.

As for our friend Lizzy at Joyce , what a shame ........... whats the saying , wheres there is smoke there is fire......( even if it takes 3 years for the fire to burn )

Today's Belfast Gazette gives notice of a creditors meeting in regard to Joyce Estate Agents Ltd at the offices of FGS in Belfast on 18 August. The notice is signed by the director Jayne Doherty.

Belfast Gazette entry http://www.belfast-gazette.co.uk/issues/7215/pages/451

I see the Director has two units in Obel according to PJ's research.

Edited by paul65

I know this from personal exerience, King & Gowdy used to be responsible for repossessions for the Northern Bank.

Out of all the solicitors I dealt with K&G were by far the hardest. My opinion of them was and is that they relished this part of their work.

Would be delightfully ironic if they had to act for the lenders in this case rather than their clients. :D

Speaking of old friends... A friend of mine (not from HPC) tells me of someone who frequents this forum and who is one of these multimillion £ owners... you would never guess it from his posts though!!

Lesson for the weekend... the internet is rarely as transparent as you might wish!!

Speaking of old friends... A friend of mine (not from HPC) tells me of someone who frequents this forum and who is one of these multimillion £ owners... you would never guess it from his posts though!!

Lesson for the weekend... the internet is rarely as transparent as you might wish!!

After a lull things have got interesting of late !!

i admit it im Sean Quinn !!! lol

My secret's out!

I'm a millionaire - many times over in fact*.

(* in Russian Roubles currently at £1=ca.47 Roubles, at here at the moment dying from the smog and smoke! :o ) :ph34r:

schadenfreude

You're kidding, right?

Old company owes thousands and goes bust.

New debt free company run by "former employee" takes over seamlessly, with a clean slate.

All the previous owners have suffered is a bit of embarrasment and a few "told you so's" ( Unless the banks have personal guarantees)

Somehow I dont think they'll be eating baked beans out of a tin.

Edited by SPADER

You're kidding, right?

New debt free company run by "former employee" takes over seamlessly, with a clean slate.

All the previous owners have suffered is a bit of embarrasment and a few "told you so's" ( Unless the banks have personal guarantees)

Yep, looks like they squared off the bank to take the hit and then the bulk of the creditors by value were Harrison/Doherty companies anyway. One of those firms, Castledillon, has retained losses of £793k and was listed for striking off, the other, Whisper, has retained profits of £327k.

You're kidding, right?

that will teach me for only reading the headline and not the article , doh ..

in a way its quite funny how easily they have shafted the bank and got away with it , were it not for the fact we all own the banks..........

that will teach me for only reading the headline and not the article , doh ..

in a way its quite funny how easily they have shafted the bank and got away with it , were it not for the fact we all own the banks..........

Looks like the the Northern Bank has taken the main hit. Owned by vikings.

I wonder when the banks will finally get it start doing their job.

Can’t wait to see how the sheeple are going to respond to the banks head in the sand attitude, might even stir up some kind of response.

There's a Jayne Doherty, formerly trading at Castledillion Farm, in the bankruptcy notices this morning. It says she is aka Harris. But that could be a misprint.

There's a Jayne Doherty, formerly trading at Castledillion Farm, in the bankruptcy notices this morning. It says she is aka Harris. But that could be a misprint.

Maiden name Harrison. Same girl, same family.

Maiden name Harrison. Same girl, same family.

very odd if that is the case as surely hubby Johnny (who was basically given Rutledge recruitment by his mum) could have bailed her out? And I wonder if she's completed on the two £175k flats she booked in the Obel.