House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kingding

Naomi Campbell's Appearance At The Hague.

Did anyone else see this and did anyone else think that her explanations of where those diamonds came from sounded deeply suspect?

He explanation being that two unknown men came to her room, said "a gift for you" and gave her a bag of diamonds which she didn't even look at before going back to bed, she didn't know who they were, where they had come from or who the "gift" was from.

Her explanation of what she did with them also sounded ropey at best, she gave them to a charity she knew of who, on being asked of this, denied any knowledge of them whatsoever.

She does strike me as being a particularly unpleasant piece of work, especially when asked if she was nervous and replying that the whole thing was an "inconvenience" to her life. Interesting way to describe a war crimes trial. :blink:

In short I think she lied out of her ****, not sure why though.

Did anyone else see this and did anyone else think that her explanations of where those diamonds came from sounded deeply suspect?

He explanation being that two unknown men came to her room, said "a gift for you" and gave her a bag of diamonds which she didn't even look at before going back to bed, she didn't know who they were, where they had come from or who the "gift" was from.

Her explanation of what she did with them also sounded ropey at best, she gave them to a charity she knew of who, on being asked of this, denied any knowledge of them whatsoever.

She does strike me as being a particularly unpleasant piece of work, especially when asked if she was nervous and replying that the whole thing was an "inconvenience" to her life. Interesting way to describe a war crimes trial. :blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-10891195

In short I think she lied out of her ****, not sure why though.

She's regained a tad of credibility with the admission by the Children's Charity that she did actually pass the uncut diamonds to them.

The charity organiser says he just 'held onto them' - for over a decade.

As you do..........

The diamonds are now being tested to determine their origin.

Ratner's, probably...

I reckon that pensioner in the Range Rover with the blacked out windows was involved somewhere along the line. The timing's just too close to be coincidental. And what about 'Moaty'?

She's regained a tad of credibility with the admission by the Children's Charity that she did actually pass the uncut diamonds to them.

The charity organiser says he just 'held onto them' - for over a decade.

As you do..........

The diamonds are now being tested to determine their origin.

Ratner's, probably...

WTF?

"Noooo,no,no she never gave them to us, diamonds? Never heard the like"

"Oh hang about...."

The whole thing reeks.

Guest theboltonfury

Bearing in mind Naomi Cambell is a notorious primadonna is it likely that:

She got out of bed to answer the hotel room door in the middle of the night in the first place?

She then just accepted a pouch without wondering what the fu.k these people wanted at that time or what they wanted to give her? Surely,m she shoudl have throewn an almighty hissy fit at being awoken?

She then didn't even have a quick look in the pouch? She just slept with a mystery pouch given to her by a complete stranger?

She looked like she was telling big lies to me.

I was more wondering why this was the #1 news story on our TV's yesterday.

I was more wondering why this was the #1 news story on our TV's yesterday.

I was thinking about this too. For me she symbolises a lot of what's wrong with our society. As long as you look fabulous ('daahling') it doesn't matter how bad tempered or unpleasant you are. The diamonds were either payment for services rendered or for services which someone hoped would be rendered. Come on, we've all knocked on bedroom doors late at night hoping for a little 'company' - it's just that most of us a] aren't war criminals, b] have access to blood diamonds or c] get near enough to supermodels to have a crack.

Why the number one story? Keeps the peeps minds off the BoE announcement etc I guess.

(edited to reformat accidental emoticon)

Guest theboltonfury

I was thinking about this too. For me she symbolises a lot of what's wrong with our society. As long as you look fabulous ('daahling') it doesn't matter how bad tempered or unpleasant you are. The diamonds were either payment for services rendered or for services which someone hoped would be rendered. Come on, we've all knocked on bedroom doors late at night hoping for a little 'company' - it's just that most of us a) aren't war criminals, B) have access to blood diamonds or c) get near enough to supermodels to have a crack.

Why the number one story? Keeps the peeps minds off the BoE announcement etc I guess.

It is linked to the funding of a genocidal civil war and is part of a crimes against humanity trial. To be fair, this makes it about a million times more important than our provincial bank rate.

It is linked to the funding of a genocidal civil war and is part of a crimes against humanity trial. To be fair, this makes it about a million times more important than our provincial bank rate.

Agree 100%. Though I bet the cameras aren't there for all the other witnesses...

Guest theboltonfury

Agree 100%. Though I bet the cameras aren't there for all the other witnesses...

I see your point.

She's not even a fitty either.

If she was lying (and I fully believe that she was) I wonder what the reason for that would be. If it was for services rendered then surely she'd be paid off in something a bit more conventional like cash or something like that rather than a bag of uncut, rough diamonds?

I also wonder, considering her primadonna reputation whether she was just being obtuse and not really giving much thought to her answers because she just couldn't be arsed.

I personally think when she said the trial was an "inconvenience" she should have been soundly bollocked by the court for her attitude.

If she was lying (and I fully believe that she was) I wonder what the reason for that would be. If it was for services rendered then surely she'd be paid off in something a bit more conventional like cash or something like that rather than a bag of uncut, rough diamonds?

I also wonder, considering her primadonna reputation whether she was just being obtuse and not really giving much thought to her answers because she just couldn't be arsed.

I personally think when she said the trial was an "inconvenience" she should have been soundly bollocked by the court for her attitude.

If I was at the Hague I'd have the same attitude. Thsi sort of application of international law is bolleaux.

If I was at the Hague I'd have the same attitude. Thsi sort of application of international law is bolleaux.

Fair enough if it was a trail where she had to drag her much photographed backside around the world because one of her mates had got plastered and fallen off his yacht but a war crimes trial?

I'd put on my serious face for that.

I see your point.

She's not even a fitty either.

Oh she is, and more so when she was younger... but she is far too high maintenance to make it worthwhile over the long term.

What people don't realise is that often these star names are used by the worlds elites as products to be farmed out - the fashion model industry is white slavery at the bottom and those that make it have probably had to degrade themselves in front of the right people time and time again. Singer Beyonce recently put on a private show for Gadaffi's son, billionaires love to have millionaire stars perform at private parties. Campbell probably rogered Taylor or some other figure at this bash and the diamonds were her 'high class hooker' payment. That's why she was so uncomfortable.

Guest theboltonfury

Oh she is, and more so when she was younger... but she is far too high maintenance to make it worthwhile over the long term.

Each to their own. I wouldn't touch her with Noodle's.

Each to their own. I wouldn't touch her with Noodle's.

:blink:

Even if she had a personality transplant? A few years back she was nothing short of magnificent, physically at any rate.

Guest theboltonfury

:blink:

Even if she had a personality transplant? A few years back she was nothing short of magnificent, physically at any rate.

Same problem as Sophie Anderton. Physically nice, although I prefer lighter skinned ladies myself, with a personality that renders her looks irrelevant.

Same problem as Sophie Anderton. Physically nice, although I prefer lighter skinned ladies myself, with a personality that renders her looks irrelevant.

Didn't Sophie Anderton end up as a glorified call-girl?

Guest theboltonfury

Didn't Sophie Anderton end up as a glorified call-girl?

Yes. Although I suspect she somewhat exaggerated her claim of being a 5k a night girl.

£250 tops, and I'd expect her to present herself for that.