House Price Crash Forum
Mega

Liverpool Concil Took 2,000 Years Worth Of Sick Days Last Year!

At least the person counting the sick days was in rude health.

I wonder if they are wallowing in the self pity of it all.

You know, I was going to reply with "What's the big deal, 2000 days isn't that bad.." then realised it was years, not days.

And then they get all indignant at being called a bunch of lazy layabouts.

An average of just 11 days per person, in 2009 when Swine Flu struck Britain, doesn't seem a lot really ?

Two weeks, in addition to their statutory 4 weeks, in addition to about a week of bank holidays.

Beats working for a living.

An average of just 11 days per person, in 2009 when Swine Flu struck Britain, doesn't seem a lot really ?

You are taking the pish arent you, was Liverpool Global ground zero or something

an average of 11 days that is a comedy stat considering there are likely to be a majority who actually didnt take any or a neccessary 1 or 2.

It says quite alot that you think its reasonable

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

So if they manage to halve it that would be c. 2% saving?

Fred Goowin could blow that in an afternoon's lending.

To build up 2000 years worth of sick days in a year means the council must employ a truly massive and mega-gargantuan number of people and from all that expenditure all that most people will likely notice is the bins being emptied once a week or sometimes once a fortnight, that is when they are emptied.

What a total waste.

But then if all the other jobs have gone overseas what else are they going to do - all at taxpayer expense. They might as well all be on the sick we would be better off without having to suffer all their bin inspector style interfering in things.

Edited by billybong

Make them all self employed, you'd be (un)surprised how people manage to haul themselves into work when there's a good reason to be there.

That's a hell of a lot. In my experience, this comes from a core of workers off on long term sick and not just anyone and everyone.

I think it's unfair to tarnish everyone with the same brush.

There are hard working individuals in the public sector that do an excellent job.

It's just a shame they're farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr out-numberbed by leeches and piss-takers.

The wasters are almost impossible to sack, and I agree they should be, or at least have a DAMN excellent reason.

Edited by Mr 0.01%

That still doesn't justify why Liverpool City Council are $h!te though, no fvcker actually works there even when they're physically in the workplace! They're a gang of spoilt, uneducated, self-important Gob$h!tes who view and treat the people of the City, (The people who pay their wages, pensions and sick pay) with contempt.

They couldn't be more unhelpful if they tried...they may as well sack the entire Council workforce as part of CaMorons "Big Society" and get people to do the work on a voluntary basis or close to that, 'cos no-one in the City would notice the difference anyway!

mspL4

Does the arithmetic imply that the council employs 40,000 people or about 10% of the population of Liverpool?

[Workings : 2000 years = 440,000 work days / 11 days = 40,000 workers]

Guest absolutezero

What a ridiculous statistic.

How many staff are there in total?

What's the average?

Poor, Daily Mail style, sensationalist "journalism".

Guest absolutezero

Two weeks, in addition to their statutory 4 weeks, in addition to about a week of bank holidays.

Beats working for a living.

How dare they be ill?

Does the arithmetic imply that the council employs 40,000 people or about 10% of the population of Liverpool?

[Workings : 2000 years = 440,000 work days / 11 days = 40,000 workers]

Yes thats about right. The figures are for Merseyside as a whole. Around 10000 are employed in Liverpool. The following article is from the local rag.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2010/08/06/merseyside-council-staff-take-2-000-years-worth-of-sick-days-92534-27008741/

That's a hell of a lot. In my experience, this comes from a core of workers off on long term sick and not just anyone and everyone.

Any private company with 2000 staff off on long term sick would be bankrupt after about 15 seconds.

Any private company with 2000 staff off on long term sick would be bankrupt after about 15 seconds.

I agree, sack the ones that are under-/not performing, just it's unfair to label this as being down to every single person working there.

That said, I'm basing this on experiences of where I work - for all I know they might all be wasters at Liverpool Council and should all be sacked.

That still doesn't justify why Liverpool City Council are $h!te though, no fvcker actually works there even when they're physically in the workplace! They're a gang of spoilt, uneducated, self-important Gob$h!tes who view and treat the people of the City, (The people who pay their wages, pensions and sick pay) with contempt.

They couldn't be more unhelpful if they tried...they may as well sack the entire Council workforce as part of CaMorons "Big Society" and get people to do the work on a voluntary basis or close to that, 'cos no-one in the City would notice the difference anyway!

mspL4

Is L4 your postcode? You seem to be speaking from experience...

Birmingham City Council employs 40000 full time staff and 20000 part time staff. I bet they wish they could get their staff sickness levels down to only 2000 years a year. biggrin.gif

http://www.birminghampost.net/news/west-midlands-news/2010/03/10/staff-sickness-levels-at-birmingham-city-council-drop-during-summer-holidays-65233-25998901/

are public sector workers taking the p!ss ?

Edited by Daft Boy

How dare they be ill?

I've had about a week off sick. In my life. First time was when I broke my collar bone, second was suspected e-coli, culture test, the lot..

The words 'self employed' may have something to do with that ridiculous statistic. No-one would be kicking up a stink about tribunals if I lost my business.

Mouthfart about how righteous you/they are all you want, the economy is in a predictable place as a result.

How dare they be ill?

Dont you just love the righteous indignation from those that leech off society. As Zero knows deep down, it doesnt matter if those who achieve nothing at work actually go to work or not.

We have a new starter, fresh from school. Doesnt know how to stop a computer from over writing what she has typed, was amazed when I mentioned the insert key. This is what schools turn out. What a disgrace.