House Price Crash Forum
fadeaway

My House Just Sold

Some may know - I rent at the moment and the landlords decided to sell up.

After 1 week on the market and 1 viewing, a "FTB with 100% cash" decided to make an offer reasonably close to asking price and it was accepted.

Weird.. huh? I put £50 on it not selling by xmas.

The market is still fooked.

Anyway, just thought I would share that with y'all. Seems people looking to get out while they still can may still have a chance to do so.

Now I have to find somewhere else to rent or bite the bullet and buy.. bah!

Some may know - I rent at the moment and the landlords decided to sell up.

After 1 week on the market and 1 viewing, a "FTB with 100% cash" decided to make an offer reasonably close to asking price and it was accepted.

Come on, linky or at least a price and a description...

I'll PM you it. I don't like to be too public in case family/friends cruise the site, figure out who the person behind the username is and get offended.

Small semi 2 bed. Well kept. ~140k. 30 min walk from city one way, 20 min walk to university the other.

Edited by fadeaway

I'll PM you it. I don't like to be too public in case family/friends cruise the site, figure out who the person behind the username is and get offended.

Small semi 2 bed. Well kept. ~140k. 30 min walk from city one way, 20 min walk to university the other.

Do you behave differently here than you do in RL?

Do you behave differently here than you do in RL?

Many of the anecdotes I've posted here have been about friends/family, and indeed the owner of this property is also a family member. Often my opinions on their actions are negative, I'm more cautious about being polite to them in real life as strongly opposing opinions on the property market cause arguments.

Friend of mine owns a house in a street and is convinced his house is worth £1m

this is because his is better than the one that's been on the market for 950k for the last year.

He didn't like it at all when I pointed out that there were two other houses that had been on for less than two weeks in the same road and sold for around 800k.

If you put a house on the market for the right price, it will sell. The problem IMO is people trying to sell houses for prices over 2007 peak and then giving up claiming that the market is dead.

Friend of mine owns a house in a street and is convinced his house is worth £1m

this is because his is better than the one that's been on the market for 950k for the last year.

He didn't like it at all when I pointed out that there were two other houses that had been on for less than two weeks in the same road and sold for around 800k.

If you put a house on the market for the right price, it will sell. The problem IMO is people trying to sell houses for prices over 2007 peak and then giving up claiming that the market is dead.

If someone can put their house on the market then take it off again they are not a forced seller.

It's forced sellers and buyers that make the market.