House Price Crash Forum

Banks That Lend

HOLA441

RBS, which must lend £50bn to businesses under an agreement with the government, admitted that firms were still repaying loans faster than it could grant them, although it said it was "on plan" to meet the £50bn target. Net repayments by businesses were £1.4bn in the second quarter while net mortgage lending was £3.2bn in the four months from March to June, showing that RBS was lending more than customers were paying back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/aug/06/rbs-back-black-profits

But Stephen Hester, chief executive of the state-controlled bank, stressed that the move into profitability was largely due to accounting rules

HOLA442

RBS, which must lend £50bn to businesses under an agreement with the government, admitted that firms were still repaying loans faster than it could grant them, although it said it was "on plan" to meet the £50bn target. Net repayments by businesses were £1.4bn in the second quarter while net mortgage lending was £3.2bn in the four months from March to June, showing that RBS was lending more than customers were paying back.

http://www.guardian....k-black-profits

But Stephen Hester, chief executive of the state-controlled bank, stressed that the move into profitability was largely due to accounting rules

Im a multi millionaire property guru.

Im rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

well, apart from my mortgage, and the valuations on my properties are based on when I last looked...August 2007 was a good year.

but, on paper I am very very rich indeed.

HOLA443
HOLA444

RBS just announced record profits today. No doubt they'll be passing on some of that on to their savers who helped subsidise their "recovery" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

..with a spread of about 18% between savings deposits and overdrafts you would think so ...but this is part of the knee jerk reaction to get into profit.... :rolleyes: