House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Location, Location Puke On Now

I kid you not.

She has just said "You have not got a job yet, I have not got a job yet, we have not sold our house yet, I am getting worried."

And they have offered 581K for a 2 bed flat.

Is this a retro version of LLL from 2007 or is this reality now?

Don't usually watch, but the Liverpool game on itv4 is a bit dull it's such a stroll. Matt, the professional rugby player and his missus paid £475k for a house in Stockbridge (N. Edinburgh). 12 months later (Apr 2009), he's injured out of the game and studying for a masters in finance. Jesus, these people must have fortunes in the bank.

The show is now beyond parody, completely out of touch with the normal househunter.

I think it's Matt Dey -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/rugby-news/2009/07/22/edinburgh-centre-matt-dey-retires-after-shoulder-injury-86908-21539610/

Edited by deflation

Don't usually watch, but the Liverpool game on itv4 is a bit dull it's such a stroll. Matt, the professional rugby player and his missus paid £475k for a house in Stockbridge (N. Edinburgh). 12 months later (Apr 2009), he's injured out of the game and studying for a masters in finance. Jesus, these people must have fortunes in the bank.

The show is now beyond parody, completely out of touch with the normal househunter.

I think it's Matt Dey -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/rugby-news/2009/07/22/edinburgh-centre-matt-dey-retires-after-shoulder-injury-86908-21539610/

He would 100% gauranteed have an insurance policy against injury, I believe it is mandatory.

It is the other couple that are the real mugs.

Perhaps they should start filming celeb location location?

Every other TV format has descended into replacing the public with celebs. Lets face it, the public are ugly.

Every other TV format has descended into replacing the public with celebs. Lets face it, the public are ugly.

:lol:

Dey added: "I've just completed my MBA (Masters in Business Administration) and I am excited about pursuing a career in investment management."

Gnnngh.

Edited by Scunnered

Phil admits in the voiceover that the value of their house has fallen 14%. This program was filmed 16 months ago. Is it a repeat?

Yup its a repeat. Overpriced sh*tholes in Edinburgh (which is immune btw like Wales).

Wasn't it just unbelievable? Massive sums of money for a FLAT !!! 1/2 million for a few bricks, glass and wood in dull, rainy scotland. Mental.

And one dum bird said...'I love this front door and linger a while when I unlock it, so that people might think...How can she afford to live there'.

Pathetic....

What a sad vain twaaat.

This programme is sending a really bad message to people on low incomes. Infact it is irresponsible to the extreme.

Yup its a repeat. Overpriced sh*tholes in Edinburgh (which is immune btw like Wales).

No, no, no, no, no, it's not a *repeat*. It's an "update"!

tim

Absolutely. The public also smell like poor people, and taste of despair...

Edited by JimDiGritz

As I was saying last night on another thread. The difference between London* and surrounds and Edinburgh is pretty slim. So when talking about up North can we please remember some palces up North also have some of the most overpriced property in the entire World.

* Bar the really central nice areas.

Wasn't it just unbelievable? Massive sums of money for a FLAT !!! 1/2 million for a few bricks, glass and wood in dull, rainy scotland. Mental.

And one dum bird said...'I love this front door and linger a while when I unlock it, so that people might think...How can she afford to live there'.

Pathetic....

What a sad vain twaaat.

This programme is sending a really bad message to people on low incomes. Infact it is irresponsible to the extreme.

I missed that bit, surely they are more likely to wonder why she is incapable of unlocking and entering a door in a timely fashion.

She didn't mention 'afford' as I remember it. Still a vain statement about people seeing here go in nevertheless, but a false listening syndrome there I think.

I missed that bit, surely they are more likely to wonder why she is incapable of unlocking and entering a door in a timely fashion.

It is probably all the credit card bills, repo letters and final demands that are behind the door that made it difficult to open.

I kid you not.

She has just said "You have not got a job yet, I have not got a job yet, we have not sold our house yet, I am getting worried."

Same on the "Property Ladder" esq programmes that claim you can fully strip out, refurbish (decent spec), structurally improve, and extend a property for about £20K.

I tried it myself on my own crappy 2 up, 2 down house and believe me £20K ain't touching the sides...

Well, just watched the whole thing. It really is a completely different world to the one I inhabit. Amazing.

You mean this?

3187969396_db443a894c_z.jpg

For some reason flats in cobbled streets of Edinburgh are very pricey. And those who live there often think they've made it.

I kid you not.

I do wish we could have a bit more of a peek into finances of people like this couple. They may or may not have been buying with cash, but obviously had a hefty equity to put into a 581k offer despite being jobless.

Over the last few years I have lurched between thinking that this is a fantastically rich country and we should appreciate what we've got, and thinking that we have completely overspent and we are due a few decades of debt perjury. This couple sound like the former. No jobs, yet 581k offer for a silly ground floor flat with a doll house sized shed?

I do wish we could have a bit more of a peek into finances of people like this couple. They may or may not have been buying with cash, but obviously had a hefty equity to put into a 581k offer despite being jobless.

Over the last few years I have lurched between thinking that this is a fantastically rich country and we should appreciate what we've got, and thinking that we have completely overspent and we are due a few decades of debt perjury. This couple sound like the former. No jobs, yet 581k offer for a silly ground floor flat with a doll house sized shed?

I was wondering how they managed to have that much money to spend with a single income and two children. Almost inevitably, it turns out that he's a fund manager: http://www.bailliegifford.com/pages/UKPersonalInvestors/oeics/IncomeFund.aspx.

Edited by Scunnered

I was wondering how they managed to have that much money to spend with a single income and two children. Almost inevitably, it turns out that he's a fund manager: http://www.bailliegifford.com/pages/UKPersonalInvestors/oeics/IncomeFund.aspx.

Ah, that may explain why she's a hottie and he's... well.

Edit: Must have been rubbish as a fund manager if he can't even plonk down half a mill.

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

She had previously been a fund manager in Edinburgh.

Ah, that may explain why she's a hottie and he's... well.

Edit: Must have been rubbish as a fund manager if he can't even plonk down half a mill.

this guy's a fund manager with a PhD and presumably some very hard nosed business experience - and he takes house buying advice off the most incompetent bunch of useless property-wasters that ever walked the earth?