House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Hospital Trust To Slash Jobs In £60M Drive - 600 Jobs Face Axe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hospital-trust-to-slash-jobs-in-pound60m-drive-2043949.html

Up to 600 jobs are to be axed by a hospital trust under moves to make £60 million worth of savings in the next few years, it was announced today.

The Royal Berkshire Hospital Trust said frontline staff would not be affected by the cuts, which it hoped to achieve through natural wastage and retirement.

But unions said frontline services were bound to be affected by such huge cuts and accused the Government of "conning" people into believing that its massive clampdown on public spending would not hit services.

The Trust, which has a hospital in Reading, an eye clinic in Windsor and provides some services at a hospital in Newbury, employs 4,500 staff.

Jobs to be cut will be in human resources, IT, facilities and general backroom roles, said a spokesman.

The Trust's Chief Medical Officer, Dr Jonathan Fielden, said: "Over the past few months we have shared with staff our triple aim of providing the best possible patient experience, the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible costs.

"Everyone is now well aware that we are working to achieve our aim in a challenging financial situation which is facing the whole country and in particular the public sector.

"This year we have to identify and deliver a savings plan of £20 million (around 6.5% of our total budget), and over three years need to save a total of £60 million.

"This is the local effect of the £120 million savings across West Berkshire and £15-20 billion across the NHS.

The binge is over, now we get to find out what's left standing.

the f*cking unions - like the way they abandon the socilist universal suffrage thing in favour of deliberately trying to totally ruin their own children. tw*ts.

Guest absolutezero

Its JUST TALK!

600 by 2015!

Mike

Have you got to the vinegar strokes yet?

Its JUST TALK!

That's the conclusion I'm coming to. Most of the job losses will be natural wastage and the rest dumped on the private sector as government contracts get cancelled. The government will cave into the public sector unions when they realise they can will lose the next election.

The politicians know what needs to be done but dont know how to get re-elected afterwards.

I was talking to a chap today who works in a major Civil Service department in Wales - aged 52.

He is champing at the bit to take redundancy now as if he goes ASAP he will get a 60K tax-free lump sum and his pension paid up for full.

If he goes next year he will get a third of the above sum and pension not made up.

So he says there is a rush on now for anyone in their late 40s and above to leave the department based in Newport.

Guest absolutezero

That's the conclusion I'm coming to. Most of the job losses will be natural wastage and the rest dumped on the private sector as government contracts get cancelled.

You'd be wrong then to some degree. It's not all talk and jobs ARE going, granted some through natural wastage etc but there are redundancies coming.

Your second sentence is bang on though.

I want to see cuts, i want to see VAST army of new unemployed thrown onto the streets.....i want to see people living out of dumpsters or old wrecked out BMW's.

Mike

Guest absolutezero

I want to see cuts, i want to see VAST army of new unemployed thrown onto the streets.....i want to see people living out of dumpsters or old wrecked out BMW's.

Mike

What an unpleasant person you are.

What time is your Mum making you your tea?

What an unpleasant person you are.

What time is your Mum making you your tea?

cut cakes!

Mike

So you would feel walking down the street then if people are as desperate as this?

Mike

Fine, so long as you don't mind being one of them.

The daily fear brigade are back with fictitious claims of reductions sometime in the future. More claptrap from the coalition of the weak.

No P45s = No job cuts. That is all you have to know...

Edited by Mr. Spin esq.

Guest absolutezero

The daily fear brigade are back with fictitious claims of reductions sometime in the future. More claptrap from the coalition of the weak.

No P45s = No job cuts. That is all you have to know...

In my local council (as I explained to you at the weekend) has the P45s ready to go in late September. People will be unemployed as of January the 1st.

You are talking out of your backside.

I was talking to a chap today who works in a major Civil Service department in Wales - aged 52.

He is champing at the bit to take redundancy now as if he goes ASAP he will get a 60K tax-free lump sum and his pension paid up for full.

If he goes next year he will get a third of the above sum and pension not made up.

So he says there is a rush on now for anyone in their late 40s and above to leave the department based in Newport.

thsi might be the reason the govt are delaying actual redundancies - to get legislation in first to avoid giving too much money away

A friend has a pretty senior management position in a NHS organisation. They have a moratorium on employment. Which is already stretching the people left.

Despite the (allegedly) cushy position of those in the public sector (I know for a fact the people in this organisation are all dedicated and work above and beyond the call of duty all the time) - still a few leave every month. Retirement, pregnancy, relocation, stress - they seem to make for a steady trickle of people leaving the organisation.

At the current rate, the organisation would have no employees within 5 years. It will be interesting to see when the ones left behind say 'enough is enough' and do something to force the issue.

In my local council (as I explained to you at the weekend) has the P45s ready to go in late September. People will be unemployed as of January the 1st.

You are talking out of your backside.

Come back Jan 1st with the link to the P45s. Until then stop the fear mongering b'shite.

Guest absolutezero

Come back Jan 1st with the link to the P45s. Until then stop the fear mongering b'shite.

In the meantime stop doubting it then.

Everything in your little world can be linked to.

Such a shame for you.

Edited by absolutezero

In the meantime stop doubting it then.

Everything in your little world can be linked to.

Such a shame for you.

Doubting it? What like the weapons of mass destruction, or no more boom or bust, or sell gold at the bottom as a good investment, or on and on and on. I doubt everything these fools tell me. You need to get your head out the sand and see what's really going on. INFLATION is government policy - AUSTERITY is for fools like you to hide under the table and be very afraid. There will not be any mass layoffs - PERIOD. These folk would end up on welfare - AIN'T NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Guest absolutezero

Doubting it? What like the weapons of mass destruction, or no more boom or bust, or sell gold at the bottom as a good investment, or on and on and on. I doubt everything these fools tell me. You need to get your head out the sand and see what's really going on. INFLATION is government policy - AUSTERITY is for fools like you to hide under the table and be very afraid. There will not be any mass layoffs - PERIOD. These folk would end up on welfare - AIN'T NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Pipe down until January then.

Then you'll see you are talking out of an orifice that isn't your mouth.

Yes, we can go on borrowing the entire wage bill of the public sector each year.

No problem at all. B'jaysus.

Guest absolutezero

Yes, we can go on borrowing the entire wage bill of the public sector each year.

Not to mention the 10% budget cut this financial year.

10% the next and 10% the one after that.

But he probably doesn't believe in that either.

And why not?

You lot make me laugh. As long as you have more weapons than anyone else or are in bed with those that do you can keep on borrowing as long as you want. Don't you remember Cheney saying deficits don't matter? That is what he is referring to. Fiat money is backed up. It is backed by WEAPONS, as all currencies have been including Gold.

So stop with the can't borrow crap.

And why not?

You lot make me laugh. As long as you have more weapons than anyone else or are in bed with those that do you can keep on borrowing as long as you want. Don't you remember Cheney saying deficits don't matter? That is what he is referring to. Fiat money is backed up. It is backed by WEAPONS, as all currencies have been including Gold.

So stop with the can't borrow crap.

I think USA is slightly backed by large natural resources - which we don't have

please think in future before spouting cr*p of your own Mr Ed Balls

I think USA is slightly backed by large natural resources - which we don't have

please think in future before spouting cr*p of your own Mr Ed Balls

The USA's main export is weapons. It has over 400 military bases overseas. It spends more than the rest of the world combined on military activities.

This is what backs the dollar and all other western fiat currencies.

This why it can borrow what it wants at the price it wants to pay in interest.

This is why Cheney stated that deficits don't matter.

This is also why China will not sell US treasuries until it can match the US militarily.

You talk rubbish like 99% of the other posters on this site.